Liverpool Forum (Anfield) - Part 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenSky

Master Member
Reaction score
This is how rotation should be done. Take off players when we are in command.

Not leave impt players on bench before start of the match. Sub out when we are in command. This should be the way.

Hopefully Klopp has learnt the lesson and keep doing this type of rotation. Then we can say he is a top class manager. As players need to improve so does the manager. The manager cannot expect players to improve while he stagnant.

klopp already said he will be advised by medical & fitness staffs...sub does not solve the problem in busy schedule...most only 3 sub.... match days WED SAT WED include CL...see the way klopp rotate... most players will play 2 out of 3 games...it makes sense...

GoldenSky

Master Member
Reaction score
ManCity are prepared to revisit their interest for Saints VVD in Jan...
Kompany injury woes will force Pep to make a move...VVD won't be cup tied for the CL is a big plus...

cybertech

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nobody mentions that wij was aweful.very aweful,looks lost,disinterested,didnt get into the game at all for 90mins.Surprised that he didnt get subbed off.

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3000 using GAGT

I think he was the worst performer on the pitch last night. Whenever he received the ball, he either pass back to the player who passed to him or look side way or back instead of looking for the front player. So many times I see Coutinho waiting for his forward pass.

econsmagic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DRUDWO6W4AEFM4o.jpg:large

DRRPqcdWkAE5dhB.jpg
Salah to score at arsenal

Sent from Samsung SM-N920I using GAGT

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ManCity are prepared to revisit their interest for Saints VVD in Jan...
Kompany injury woes will force Pep to make a move...VVD won't be cup tied for the CL is a big plus...
Yes!!!!! Please take your 70mil and give it to saints...

Let them milk you...

70mil... we will use it elsewhere

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The leicester and burnley 48 hrs difference... could be drop points

Such schedule is absolutely crazy. And thats why squad rotation is so crucial, even when we have the depth and quality.

Its all preparing for periods like these.
If our team make it into the QF or SF of UCL n FA CUP, another possible crunch period will be late March till end April, whereby EPL games will be rescheduled to accommodate fa cup matches

LifeIsSuch

Master Member
Reaction score

Almost every team face the same issue. In fact Burnley has exactly the same amount of rest in between the 2 games. So no advantage here. However, Burnley is a tough but to crack especially at their own turf. They like to line up in 2 rows of 4 which we still have problem breaking. Moreover, they are riding on a high currently. Hopefully, there is a moment of magic from someone and our defence holds.

Meanwhile, let's concentrate on the arsenal game. I predicting a high scoring game.

GoldenSky

Master Member
Reaction score

Last January we miss Mane due to african Cup... Injuries to Matip & Coutinho...our results took a nose dive, out of all cups...this year bigger squad...we shld be more well prepare to see us out of the schedule...

deadguy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
we have kept 13 clean sheets in the last 24 epl games...:eek: only concern is when we concede we tend to concede more than 1...

We have kept 8 clean sheets (6 Mig + 2 Karius), same as City and Chelsea :eek: :s13:. 1 less than Arse and Burnley. 2 less than DeGay.

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last January we miss Mane due to african Cup... Injuries to Matip & Coutinho...our results took a nose dive, out of all cups...this year bigger squad...we shld be more well prepare to see us out of the schedule...
Iirc african cup will likely change to play during summer. No more dec January period

kennysme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this has been talked about numerous time yesterday by the match commentators and studio guest (including Robbie fowler). no one understand why klopp did what he did in the everton's game. hopefully, that is the last time he does that.

Correcto mundo, both Fowler and Andy Townsend during commentary and just in case somebody says hindsight - numerous commentators were saying the same before the match started after the team sheet was out.

"We've heard Klopp come on and say it was a terrible decision and there's only one team who were going to win it. Well, have a look at your own team selection.

"You've left out a guy who scored a hat-trick in midweek (Coutinho), and as a centre forward, I know that the time to be left out is when you're not scoring goals.

"You can't wait to get out on to the pitch when you're a forward and you're scoring goals."

Of Klopp's rotation policy, Shearer added: "Instead of putting in the guy who's still learning his trade (Dominic Solanke) in such an important game, play your big names.

- Alan Shearer

Everton manager Sam Allardyce claimed the decision to leave Coutinho and Firmino on the bench gave his side a psychological boost before kick-off.

"I would say so, yes," he said.

Like Townsend was saying in the 2nd half - "that's the right way to rotate - take off key players in the 2nd half when you have an advantage"

hardtounderstand

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We have kept 8 clean sheets (6 Mig + 2 Karius), same as City and Chelsea :eek: :s13:. 1 less than Arse and Burnley. 2 less than DeGay.

Incredible, and we are complaining about our defence all season.
If only we didn't loss heavily in those two games (total 9 goals conceded).
So far we have only conceded three goals at home, same as manure and Burnley.

hardtounderstand

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes!!!!! Please take your 70mil and give it to saints...

Let them milk you...

70mil... we will use it elsewhere

Forget VVD at that price. We need a DM as badly as a **. For 70M, we may be able to get a ** and a DM....
There must be alternatives out there that doesn't cost as much.

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
imo klopp has so far been successful at keeping our best players fresh and yet competitively hungry. Thats not easy to achieve.

Salah hitting top form.
Coutinho and firmino are getting better and better.
Mane not even at his peak yet.
Oxlade peaking at the right moment, just as Lallana makes a return.
Ings returning, while Sturridge and Solanke are ever-ready to impress at any given chance.

And we are only at the 50% mark of this season with at least another 20-25 games, possible 30 depending on our fa cup n ucl performance, all in the pipeline till end of May.

I shall reserve my views on Klopp rotation at the end of this season

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Forget VVD at that price. We need a DM as badly as a **. For 70M, we may be able to get a ** and a DM....
There must be alternatives out there that doesn't cost as much.
Dont understand the insistence with VVD... my view hasnt changed one bit since summer: "VVD is not the only defender on this bloody planet..."

If our owners are so willing to splash so much cash on a single defender, then we should be headhunting top class defenders from other top clubs, like Napoli, Porto, Inter etc, not sotong...

I havent really seen any top clubs paying a bottom club outrageous prices for defending players, except us...

I dont understand this logic

econsmagic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My concern is if we are still in cl in march or april our epl results could suffer

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My concern is if we are still in cl in march or april our epl results could suffer

That's a big reason for rotation. What you said he happened when the team was running on fumes against Sevilla in the El final.

Rotation isn't that simple, the players have to get used to playing with changes in the team and the change in tactics required.

Remember Rafa's rotation policy which was heavily criticised also. Other teams so practice rotation.

The problem was that team suffered from dodgy refereeing and performances which were a little short. If we got a little lucky against Everton with the win we deserved lot of this criticism won't happen.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dont understand the insistence with VVD... my view hasnt changed one bit since summer: "VVD is not the only defender on this bloody planet..."

If our owners are so willing to splash so much cash on a single defender, then we should be headhunting top class defenders from other top clubs, like Napoli, Porto, Inter etc, not sotong...

I havent really seen any top clubs paying a bottom club outrageous prices for defending players, except us...

I dont understand this logic

The 70 million for vvd is only rumoured as the deal isn't done.

As for spending on defenders. City has the most expensive defence.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/24/manchester-city-have-expensive-defence-football-history-494m/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.