Manchester City Forum

Dhilip Kumar

Master Member
Reaction score
The only pity is we can't get to win the historical quadruple.

I believe we have the ability to beat Liverpool and win the Champions League if we are the one in the final. :o

Maybe next season we will win quadruple? :s13: Even pool fans here also agree that our squad is the strongest in EPL.

wadsad

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The only pity is we can't get to win the historical quadruple.

I believe we have the ability to beat Liverpool and win the Champions League if we are the one in the final. :o

Maybe next season we will win quadruple? :s13: Even pool fans here also agree that our squad is the strongest in EPL.

as long as man city doesnt meet liverpool in a 2 legged match, chances of city winning is higher than liverpool.

2 legged matches are still a weakness of city.

liverpool is a difficult team to beat over 2 legs. which is why i didnt have much hope for liverpool when we had to play real in the final. i know we will beat them over 2 legs, but if it was just a 1 off game, our chances are lesser by half.

anw see u next season for the early KO. :o

gxgx for the unprecedented domestic treble.

Last edited:

Cumzilla

Master Member
Reaction score
Bernardo Silva, 1 word - Incredible.

To me he is my player of the season for man city. The number of times he crossed into the box this season often find our player that lead to a goal. Assisted the 2nd and 5th goals yesterday, what a fantastic buy by the club.

Cumzilla

Master Member
Reaction score
4SATE1p.jpg

Last edited:

Cumzilla

Master Member
Reaction score
A great leader leaving, but he will forever be remember as a legend for the club.

Vincent Kompany played his last game for Manchester City in Saturday’s FA Cup final victory over Watford.

The defender has decided to call time on his 11-year association with the Club having won four Premier League titles, two FA Cups, four League Cups and two Community Shields.

Kompany will continue his career as player/manager of his first professional club Anderlecht - you can read the details here on Vincent's official Facebook page.

For City, Vincent played 360 times, scoring 20 goals.

Paying tribute to Kompany's huge contribution to the Club's success, City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak said: "There have been many important contributors to Manchester City’s renaissance, but arguably none are more important than Vincent Kompany.

"He defines the essence of the club. For a decade he has been the lifeblood, the soul, and beating heart of a supremely talented squad.

"A booming voice in the dressing room yet a quiet and measured ambassador off it, Vincent can be as proud of himself as we are of him.

"I am not sure he expected to lift the Premier League trophy on four occasions during his captaincy but he will be remembered and revered whenever this period of unprecedented City success is spoken about by future generations.

"His leadership, intelligence and determination have seen him adapt brilliantly to playing under four different managers and overcome some debilitating injuries. He is a special character who has answered every demand the club has made of him.

"We now look forward to celebrating his testimonial match in September so that we can properly celebrate his City contribution. He will always be part of the City family."

Commenting on his decision, Kompany said: "As overwhelming as it is, the time has come for me to go. And what a season to bow out. I feel nothing but gratefulness. I am grateful to all those who supported me on a special journey, at a very special club. I remember the first day, as clear as I see the last. I remember the boundless kindness I received from the people of Manchester.

"I will never forget how all Man City supporters remained loyal to me in good times and especially bad times. Against the odds you have always backed me and inspired me to never give up.

"Sheikh Mansour changed my life and that of all the City fans around the world, for that I am forever grateful. A blue nation has arisen and challenged the established order of things, I find that awesome.

"I cherish the counsel and leadership of a good human being, Khaldoon Al Mubarak. Man City could not be in better hands."

To read Vincent’s statement in full go to his official Facebook page HERE

An announcement on Vincent’s next steps will follow imminently.

https://www.mancity.com/news/first-.../may/man-city-vincent-kompany-leaves-man-city

Dhilip Kumar

Master Member
Reaction score
as long as man city doesnt meet liverpool in a 2 legged match, chances of city winning is higher than liverpool.

2 legged matches are still a weakness of city.

liverpool is a difficult team to beat over 2 legs. which is why i didnt have much hope for liverpool when we had to play real in the final. i know we will beat them over 2 legs, but if it was just a 1 off game, our chances are lesser by half.

anw see u next season for the early KO. :o

gxgx for the unprecedented domestic treble.

Yeah will look forward to the community shield vs Liverpool. :)

Dhilip Kumar

Master Member
Reaction score
Pool won the champions league.

To be frank if we are the one who reached the final instead of spurs we could have the won the title instead of Pool.

Dhilip Kumar

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually are u worry getting stagnant no uprising wave of new generation?

Not really as we can just buy the best players from other teams like we did on Raheem Sterling, Kyle Walker, Niyad Mahrez etc.

But I do admit that we still lag behind when nurturing our own young players as compared to other top 6 teams.

Cumzilla

Master Member
Reaction score
Quite sad to know that the coming season will be Davild Silva's last in Manchester City. :(

But he also not young anymore.

https://talksport.com/football/556029/manchester-city-david-silva/

Aguero will also leave when his contract expires in 2 seasons time, meaning he will be the last of the trio to leave after kompany and silva, which will signal the end of these 3 iconic players at this club. :( I dont think there will be another combination of defender-midfielder-striker that will come close to matching their contributions during one of our most successful period this club has achieved.

KompanyAgueroSilva.jpg

Cumzilla

Master Member
Reaction score
Not really as we can just buy the best players from other teams like we did on Raheem Sterling, Kyle Walker, Niyad Mahrez etc.

But I do admit that we still lag behind when nurturing our own young players as compared to other top 6 teams.

Phil Foden is our very OWN.

Not forgetting our player of the season and the POTT of the just concluded Nation league.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.