Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 31

Status
Not open for further replies.

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
speaking of all these accustomisation to BPL reminded me of an article on Koeman after kanna trashed by us last weekend. He said since Mickey need 1 season to get used to BPL, Everton's new players oso need similar time frame

Problem is Everton's new players were previously all from BPL Clubs LOL

Some players bought by Everton this season could be unwanted by their previous clubs. Don't think Man Utd will want Rooney.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
by today's expectation, Vidic n Evra needs to be shipped out at the end of their debut season lol

urban_closet

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Amazing results from United and marketing team (source ESPN)
We weren't even in CL!!

Record revenues of over £581m
Record EBITDA of £199.8m
Wages increased by £31.3m to £263.5m; in terms of percentage of revenue it broadly remains the same
United's net debt decreased by £47.8m to £213.1m over the year

derrick_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am on the verge of fulfiling my dream to go Old Trafford. As I cant see myself being able to afford a second trip, I want to maximize my experience there. Gladly appreciate anyone who can share their experience with me and help me out:

1) I am aiming for the UEL match on 6th December with CSKA Moscow or BPL match on 13th December with Bournemouth, staying in Hotel Football. Which fixture has better atmosphere and which fixture is easier to get tickets?

2) What's the cheapest and guaranteed way to get tickets?

3) What's the best way to get players' autograph and where should I camp?

4) Any package available to visit the trophy room and dressing room?

5) which tier of seats should I get to ensure I can still watch the match with decent visibility?

6) Any attractions or sightseeing spot worth going to around Manchester and London?

Thanks in advance guys!

Derrick

zensushi

Reaction score
1) I am aiming for the UEL match on 6th December with CSKA Moscow or BPL match on 13th December with Bournemouth, staying in Hotel Football. Which fixture has better atmosphere and which fixture is easier to get tickets?

The BPL match should have a better general atmosphere...but Champions League match under the floodlights is a cool experience, too.

Likely easier to get tickets for the CSKA match.

You better book your room at Hotel Football early...

Cheapest: possibly through one of the regular posters here, beano (?). He may be able to hook you up with season-ticket holders in the UK.

Guaranteed: one of the VIP packages from the official Man Utd website OR through Hotel Football's matchday packages.

This one is tougher....definitely easier to get the Class of '92's autograph over at Hotel Football.

After the match, fans usually gather at where the players' coaches (buses) are parked. It can be anything from one hour to later before the players appear.

Should the match result be a positive one, the players may be more likely to saunter over to the fans & sign an autograph or five.

At the very least, you may be able to snap some photographs of the players relatively up close.

If you are in one of the more expensive VIP suites, a Man-of-the-Match trophy presentation may be staged in the suite. The MotM may or may not interact further with the fans in the room.

Do the stadium tour, at least one day before match day. Book online beforehand!!!

If you buy the (expensive!) VIP packages, you'd get a chance to have "professional photographs" taken with the current trophies. Can get the framed hardcopy photo delivered to your hotel room if you are in the UK long enough.

5) which tier of seats should I get to ensure I can still watch the match with decent visibility?

The middle tier seats are great. Most of the VIP packages would have decent seats. The actual seats (chairs) are NOT very comfortable though...make sure you use the toilets before being seated. Would be a pain to excuse yourself in the middle of the match.

6) Any attractions or sightseeing spot worth going to around Manchester and London?

Salford Quay is nice & relaxing. There's a HUGE mall near the city centre in Manchester.

Way too many things to do/see in London... visit the other stadia (Emirates, Stamford Bridge, Wembley etc.), theatre shows, Legoland @ Windsor, river cruise, all the beautiful parks & historic buildings, M & M World, visit Greenwich & take the cable car to The O2...the list goes on!! :s22: :s13:

Last edited:

derrick_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The BPL match should have a better general atmosphere...but Champions League match under the floodlights is a cool experience, too.

Likely easier to get tickets for the CSKA match.

You better book your room at Hotel Football early...

Cheapest: possibly through one of the regular posters here, beano (?). He may be able to hook you up with season-ticket holders in the UK.

Guaranteed: one of the VIP packages from the official Man Utd website OR through Hotel Football's matchday packages.

This one is tougher....definitely easier to get the Class of '92's autograph over at Hotel Football.

After the match, fans usually gather at where the players' coaches (buses) are parked. It can be anything from one hour to later before the players appear.

Should the match result be a positive one, the players may be more likely to saunter over to the fans & sign an autograph or five.

At the very least, you may be able to snap some photographs of the players relatively up close.

If you are in one of the more expensive VIP suites, a Man-of-the-Match trophy presentation may be staged in the suite. The MotM may or may not interact further with the fans in the room.

Do the stadium tour, at least one day before match day. Book online beforehand!!!

If you buy the (expensive!) VIP packages, you'd get a chance to have "professional photographs" taken with the current trophies. Can get the framed hardcopy photo delivered to your hotel room if you are in the UK long enough.

The middle tier seats are great. Most of the VIP packages would have decent seats. The actual seats (chairs) are NOT very comfortable though...make sure you use the toilets before being seated. Would be a pain to excuse yourself in the middle of the match.

Salford Quay is nice & relaxing. There's a HUGE mall near the city centre in Manchester.

Way too many things to do/see in London... visit the other stadia (Emirates, Stamford Bridge, Wembley etc.), theatre shows, Legoland @ Windsor, river cruise, all the beautiful parks & historic buildings, M & M World...the list goes on!! :s22: :s13:

Thank you so much!

That's so detailed!

I will do an itinerary ASAP.

By the way, if I have already booked the tour and got the tickets, then there's no more advantage of staying in Hotel Football anymore right? Can I just airBNB to save cost?

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you don't foresee yourself going again in the near future, all the more you should go for AirBnb. Hope you meet a nice host who's willing to chat with you and give you local recommendations etc. Even better, scout for a United fan host who may even be going to the same game and you could see if you could make him bring you for the signature camping!

zensushi

Reaction score
Thank you so much!

That's so detailed!

By the way, if I have already booked the tour and got the tickets, then there's no more advantage of staying in Hotel Football anymore right? Can I just airBNB to save cost?

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Hotel Football. Chatted with Phil Neville & had a kickabout upstairs.

The convenience of dropping off your Megastore shopping bags & making multiple trips to check out the stadium next door was blissful. =:p

YIijZj3.jpg

nwSKuAK.jpg

hTebCN1.jpg

YQoSROL.jpg

bcqEpc2.jpg

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much!

That's so detailed!

Depends what you do, usually i just book the hotel next to Piccadilly so easier to get back to London, and take the tram/train during match day..

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am on the verge of fulfiling my dream to go Old Trafford. As I cant see myself being able to afford a second trip, I want to maximize my experience there. Gladly appreciate anyone who can share their experience with me and help me out:

Thanks in advance guys!

Derrick

Easiest way is to sign up for membership and try to buy the tickets online. Membership i think it's 45pounds, you get an official united scarf. And also 10% off megatstore purchase.

For European, should be quite easy to get, and it's only $39pounds/ticket but problem is 1 membership can only buy 1 ticket. Same for PL fixtures, but PL fixtures harder to get.

Alternatively, there's a local guy i can try to hook you up with if you wish.

sCuzzZy

Reaction score
Both trips I made to Manchester previously, I stayed near Piccadilly too. Airbnb. Allows me to visit other sights in Manchester too, like the famed Manchester Christmas market, the football museum. etc.

But then again, the last time I was there(2014), hotel football isn't up. :s13:

I would say get both tickets if you can! the evening games under the floodlight is totally different. Atmosphere wise.

edit, oh hey I realized it's 2 different weekends. so that's quite unfortunate.

I timed the trip so that the period I was in England, we had 2 back to back home games in the same week.

Last edited:

sCuzzZy

Reaction score
Manchester United have earned more than half a billion pounds for the second successive year, with a record-breaking revenue of £581.2 million.

While Jose Mourinho's men stuttered home sixth in the Premier League and went without Champions League football, the money-making machine was still in full flow last season.

United last year became the first British club to break the half-billion mark and have improved on that position, with revenue rising from £515.3m to £581.2m for the year ending June 30, 2017.

United -- who in January returned to the top of the Deloitte Football Money League for the first time since 2005 -- achieved a record operating profit of £80.8m and record earnings of £199.8m before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA).

United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward said: "We concluded a successful 2016-17 season with a total of three trophies and a return to Champions League football.

Martin Rickett/PA Wire
"The year saw us set record revenues of over £581m and achieve a record EBITDA of £199.8m. We are pleased with the investment in our squad and look forward to an exciting season.''

Last season saw United win the Community Shield, League Cup and Europa League, which ensured their return to the Champions League for the current campaign.

United are expecting to post a revenue of between £575m and £585m for the year ending June 30, 2018.

The accounts show wages increased by £31.3m to £263.5m in the previous financial year as Mourinho's appointment was followed by the arrival of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Paul Pogba, Eric Bailly and Henrikh Mkhitaryan -- but in terms of percentage of revenue it broadly remains the same.

Retail revenue increased by £6.7m thanks in part to the fact the full year of their agreement with Adidas came into account along with growth in the Megastore.

United's net debt decreased by £47.8m to £213.1m over the year.

Shinji Kagawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Derrick
I typed a pretty lengthy post on this before. With a map to illustrate the spots also.
Gotta search my posts for keywords like autograph etc.

derrick_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information guys! I am very glad to have posted my question here!

derrick_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I typed a pretty lengthy post on this before. With a map to illustrate the spots also.
Gotta search my posts for keywords like autograph etc.

Is it either in this thread (part 31) or previous (part 30)?

The rest might have been pruned. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.