Like Tree806Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #9991
Supremacy Member

Keane set for loan move

Will Keane has been praised by Sir Alex Ferguson ahead of a potential loan move next season.

The Reserves' top scorer hit four goals in the recent 6-3 win at Newcastle to take his tally for the domestic campaign to 16 and he's already had a brief taste of first-team action in the New Year's Eve defeat to Blackburn.

Keane has ploughed a lone furrow in attack for Warren Joyce's champions following the departure of Mame Biram Diouf and loan exit for Federico Macheda and is continuing to learn his trade.

"Will's progressing the right way," the manager told MUTV's Countdown to Kick-Off. "He's a good finisher, the lad. I think he just needs a bit of toughening up. Next year, we'll possibly send him out on loan. He's got good potential."

Sir Alex is proud of Joyce's side for clinching their Northern title with games to spare and acclaimed the coach's decision to move Ritchie De Laet into attack at Newcastle.

“Unbelievable!" he exclaimed. "Warren Joyce is a tactical genius. Down 3-0 and he shoves De Laet up front and they win 6-3. I couldn't believe it. I don't know how they were 3-0 down but they recovered and they've won the league and won it well. Congratulations to Warren and all the lads. They've done well."

Will Keane set to go out on loan - Official Manchester United Website

Last edited by N_RIDER; 21-04-2012 at 10:24 AM..
Old 21-04-2012, 10:19 AM   #9992
Supremacy Member

Owen can still have impact

Michael Owen is back in training and being tipped to make an impact off the bench in one of the final few games of the season.

Although the striker will not feature against Everton on Sunday, Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed he expects the experienced attacker to play some part in the run-in.

"Michael Owen's been training with the first-team for about a week now," revealed the manager. "That's good news. If there's a player who can score an important goal at any stage of the match it's him.

"When he gets an injury it's never an easy one - it's months rather than weeks. It's unfortunate because he's a fantastic striker.

"We want to try and get Michael back. If we get him back and he continues his training, he'll be in contention as a sub. He won't be involved on Sunday, though. But for his injuries, who's to say what sort of career he'd have had?"

Owen can still play a part - Official Manchester United Website

Owen is training with the 1st team..but with 3 games(since gaffer said he wont be involved on this Sun) left...what is the involvement, like bit late..

Last edited by N_RIDER; 21-04-2012 at 10:23 AM..
Old 21-04-2012, 10:22 AM   #9993
Supremacy Member

Decision rests with Pogba

Sir Alex Ferguson hopes Paul Pogba will make the right decision for his career and stay at Manchester United after the club agreed a new deal with his agent.

The Reds' boss revealed on MUTV's Countdown to Kick-Off on Friday that United had reached agreement about a new contract for the midfielder, but said the player himself has still to decide whether or not to sign it.

"We've agreed a deal with his agent. It's now down to the boy," Sir Alex told MUTV.

"I must stress, he's going to be a first-team player. There's no doubt about that.

"The boy has great potential and I think he's at the right club. But he has to make that decision."

The 19-year-old, who helped the Reserves clinch the Barclays Premier Reserve League North title on Monday night, has certainly impressed in his seven senior appearances this season - all as a substitute.

Unfortunately though, we're unlikely to see him in action again this season after he suffered ankle ligament damage in United's stunning 6-3 comeback at Newcastle that sealed the title crown.

Paul Pogba has a decision to make - Official Manchester United Website

The ball is in Pogba's court...seems SAF valued him much...this young punk...buying the time??
Old 21-04-2012, 10:31 AM   #9994
RVN
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sir Alex Ferguson hopes Paul Pogba will make the right decision for his career and stay at Manchester United after the club agreed a new deal with his agent.

The Reds' boss revealed on MUTV's Countdown to Kick-Off on Friday that United had reached agreement about a new contract for the midfielder, but said the player himself has still to decide whether or not to sign it.

"We've agreed a deal with his agent. It's now down to the boy," Sir Alex told MUTV.

"I must stress, he's going to be a first-team player. There's no doubt about that.

"The boy has great potential and I think he's at the right club. But he has to make that decision."

The 19-year-old, who helped the Reserves clinch the Barclays Premier Reserve League North title on Monday night, has certainly impressed in his seven senior appearances this season - all as a substitute.

Unfortunately though, we're unlikely to see him in action again this season after he suffered ankle ligament damage in United's stunning 6-3 comeback at Newcastle that sealed the title crown.

Paul Pogba has a decision to make - Official Manchester United Website

The ball is in Pogba's court...seems SAF valued him much...this young punk...buying the time??
stay good but if don't want its his loss.
N_RIDER likes this.
Old 21-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #9995
High Supremacy Member

Owen can still play a part - Official Manchester United Website

Owen is training with the 1st team..but with 3 games(since gaffer said he wont be involved on this Sun) left...what is the involvement, like bit late..
Not if this happens

[YOUTUBE]jhcXWWBDOZY/YOUTUBE]
Old 21-04-2012, 11:41 AM   #9996

I actually dont wanna stir but ........ cannot resist.
SAF also hinted that Young is a diver ...... so are we going to condemn SAF like we condemn our own bros here.

Apologies. I really can't resist. Pardon me.

TIA.
Old 21-04-2012, 11:44 AM   #9997

From the Straits Times.
Matt Busby : "If anything is to be gained from football, it is to be gained by winning or losing with DIGNITY!"

That is why I supported MU since Bryan Robson days. DIGNITY!
Old 21-04-2012, 11:45 AM   #9998
High Supremacy Member

I actually dont wanna stir but ........ cannot resist.
SAF also hinted that Young is a diver ...... so are we going to condemn SAF like we condemn our own bros here.

Apologies. I really can't resist. Pardon me.

TIA.
sack fergie sell young
Old 21-04-2012, 11:52 AM   #9999
High Supremacy Member

1 more post for new thread
Old 21-04-2012, 11:52 AM   #10000
Administrator

Dear members, please take note that this thread is now closed due to its huge size. A new thread has been automatically generated for your continued discussion here
Connecting IT to You

Should you need to reach out to someone in charge, please PM the respective forum's moderator or start a discussion topic in the Online Membership/Feedback Forum.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.