Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2012, 01:30 AM   #2206
Arch-Supremacy Member

nobody will care about this match unless we won 10-0
if only ronaldo still ard
Old 07-05-2012, 01:37 AM   #2207
Supremacy Member

With full fitness, Smalling is exciting to watch as a CB by charging forward on many occasions...he seems to have good footwork....

Jones cross needs to be improved...or rather SAF has not find a suitable position for him...to be versatile can be a cursing in disguise...he may end up like JOS...utility man...."near" Jack of all traits...

The last time when City clinched their Championship, 44 years back??..ironcially it was decided on the last day of the season...when they beaten Newcastle 4-3 and Utd lost to Sunderland 3-1 away.... and Utd came in second.....of the table...Two points behind city...

Earlier on I heard it from the Chinese commentator during the match....bay peow Teo boh Ai ni zhoon....haha....KnS when City first(this season mostly)....United second....
Old 07-05-2012, 07:37 AM   #2208
Great Supremacy Member

how come not 10-0 huh i thought welbeck never play ?

Old 07-05-2012, 08:17 AM   #2209
Great Supremacy Member

Believe.. Its never easy playing a relegation threatened team on last day who knows qpr would maybe spring a surprise ? Always got stunt results on last day one I would this time qpr would stun city
Old 07-05-2012, 09:01 AM   #2210
Arch-Supremacy Member

And that would be a bookie's paradise....... citeh drawing and united winning on the last day!

Joico Erratic
Joico Spiker
Syoss Tu-re Hard
Sebastian Crude Clay
Sebastian Hair Spray
Old 07-05-2012, 09:33 AM   #2211
Supremacy Member

If it was City vs Sunderland and QPR vs United, it'd be "Sunderland wouldn't be able to match City one lah" and "QPR is relegation threatened, they'd play out of their skins to beat us, I'm worried it'll be a draw".
Is it possible for City to lose it like we did at WH that many years ago? Anything is possible. For all we know, super drama in which United draws but City loses to a last minute goal. Ideally even own goal, talk about "title is theirs to lose".
If that happens, it just means United ARE indeed better over 38 games. Nothing undignified, nothing to be ashamed about if that's how some of you will feel. Then we move on the next season.
A proper stable/regular back 4 will do wonders for us next season. Hope Smalling and Evans can be our regular pairing - I'm not banking my hopes on Vidic returning like he never left. Is our defence suspect? Let's see what SAF thinks in the close season, the behind-the-scenes activity is already happening I bet.
chengsun likes this.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:40 AM   #2212
Arch-Supremacy Member

i think the players sort of give up after city won, just cant wait for the match to be over and go home.
when they scored the 2 goals, i think chichar was still trying to run back with the ball in the net.
but as the clock ticks on, can see the lack of passion from everyone
Old 07-05-2012, 09:41 AM   #2213
Arch-Supremacy Member

Did SAF jump, shout, or do anything when the team "played like no heart no urgency"? Don't think I saw him did so. What does that mean? What did he say during HT to make the team "played like no heart"?
Old 07-05-2012, 09:42 AM   #2214
Arch-Supremacy Member

when they scored the 2 goals, i think chichar was still trying to run back with the ball in the net.
but as the clock ticks on, can see the lack of passion from everyone
Yes, Young's and his gesture showed that they want more goals.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:43 AM   #2215
Arch-Supremacy Member

he told them. "i spoke to all the refs for their next game, they gonna lose it, so let's relax"

zzzzz
Old 07-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #2216
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes, Young's and his gesture showed that they want more goals.
even scholes knew there is nth to be happy about when he tapped in that goal. no time to waste for celebration.
1st half, we really looked like a team trying to come back from a 10goal disadvantage. wonder what happened after that.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #2217
Supremacy Member

nah by winning 2-0, it's better than winning 10-0 (if possible).

Say we won 10-0 yesterday, man city will rape their opponents in the last game and we will have a much tougher prospect away from home. that means their opponents stand no chance being away.

If we win 2-0, city will have to win their final game at home and could afford to play out slow, much more tentative, do note their opponent has smth to play for!

thats how i see..

Pokemon friend code - 4227-2018-9154
Old 07-05-2012, 10:35 AM   #2218
High Supremacy Member

even scholes knew there is nth to be happy about when he tapped in that goal. no time to waste for celebration.
1st half, we really looked like a team trying to come back from a 10goal disadvantage. wonder what happened after that.
if we were 5-0 up at HT (which really could have happened if we were more clinical), Fergie would have taken out a defender for attacker and we would really be going for it.

At only 2-0 up there was no chance because we cannot risk 3 points.

The players knew at only 2-0 up there was no chance for a big score already...

Anyway it's down to the wire. Alot of fans are talking as if we are 20 points behind. Neh. We are tied and behind on goal difference in a tough season where we had to deal with a long injury list in the first half of season. The loss of concentration really pissed me off because this was a season to be won. So many incidents that could have been prevented that could have given us a better chance at the title.

We have alot of inexperience players so let's give the team some credit to be level at the top.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:37 AM   #2219
High Supremacy Member

1) For a start, the 3 goals conceeded against City in the last 5 mins was a 6 GD swing.

2) 3-1 and 4-2 up against Everton and conceeded 2 within 2 minutes.

Start making a list now... haizzzzzzz
Old 07-05-2012, 11:04 AM   #2220
Arch-Supremacy Member

1) For a start, the 3 goals conceeded against City in the last 5 mins was a 6 GD swing.

2) 3-1 and 4-2 up against Everton and conceeded 2 within 2 minutes.

Start making a list now... haizzzzzzz
yeah, if we lose the title on goal difference....we lost it at old trafford against city 1-6....
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.