14 Days in France, UK and maybe Germany

r0_ger

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am going on a trip to Europe end Oct for 2 weeks till Early Nov. The thing is I have to land and depart from Paris CDG (free tix, no choice). Planning to visit my childhood club, Liverpool FC for a stadium tour and catch a live match if possible.

Anyone can advise on how to get a pair of match tix? Pretty difficult to get through the website unless I sign up for their hospitality package which can cost £200. Not really prepared to spend this amount.

Also would appreciate some itinerary suggestions.

Likely to spend first few days in Paris then London and other part of UK and considering Germany. Really at the beginning stage of planning as I have no idea on itinerary yet. Hope to get some views.

tanchoo1

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am going on a trip to Europe end Oct for 2 weeks till Early Nov. The thing is I have to land and depart from Paris CDG (free tix, no choice). Planning to visit my childhood club, Liverpool FC for a stadium tour and catch a live match if possible.

Anyone can advise on how to get a pair of match tix? Pretty difficult to get through the website unless I sign up for their hospitality package which can cost £200. Not really prepared to spend this amount.

Also would appreciate some itinerary suggestions.

Likely to spend first few days in Paris then London and other part of UK and considering Germany. Really at the beginning stage of planning as I have no idea on itinerary yet. Hope to get some views.

Money should not be a factor if you are a true supporter.

£200 for the hospitality package is cheap, especially considering that the only other way you can get tickets is through the black market, which will have inflated prices anyway. When you consider that Arsenal charges around £50 for a NORMAL ticket, £200 is nothing. Especially considering that you will also get great seats.

Lastly, if this is a once-in-a-lifetime experience for you, what is £200?

r0_ger

Master Member
Reaction score
Money should not be a factor if you are a true supporter.

£200 for the hospitality package is cheap, especially considering that the only other way you can get tickets is through the black market, which will have inflated prices anyway. When you consider that Arsenal charges around £50 for a NORMAL ticket, £200 is nothing. Especially considering that you will also get great seats.

Lastly, if this is a once-in-a-lifetime experience for you, what is £200?

Well, I am going with my wife. Asking her to spend £400 for both of us for a soccer game is a hurdle. It may not be a once in a lifetime chance but I am praying that I can get the public tickets when its open for sale.

Paris, London and Munich. What is the recommended route?

unclebutcher

Reaction score
Well, I am going with my wife. Asking her to spend £400 for both of us for a soccer game is a hurdle. It may not be a once in a lifetime chance but I am praying that I can get the public tickets when its open for sale.

I would reckon fly into London, train to Paris, train to Munich and fly back from Munich to Singapore. or the other way around

tanchoo1

Master Member
Reaction score

I've just met a friend who went to Old Trafford last season for the Man United vs Liverpool match. He paid £50 per year to subscribe to the right to BALLOT for tickets, and he was lucky to get it.

The ticket he got was really high up in the stadium, far away from the pitch. He talked to Japanese tourists next to him and they paid £200 PER TICKET from the black market.

Now, to be sure, I do not know what the pricing is for Liverpool. It will probably be cheaper.

If you go for a smaller opposition club like Liverpool vs Wigan, it will be cheaper. This is probably the way to go, and probably the best option for you.

If you go for Liverpool vs Man United, £200 for the hospitality ticket is CHEAP. Just get it.

What's better? £200 for a legal ticket with great seats and food? Or £200 for a black market ticket which is possibly fake, and if it's real, crappy seats?

The truth is, prices are really inflated for famous premier league clubs. Because tourists spend lots of money and travel thousands of miles, they only want to see the best clubs, pushing the prices up.

For me, I just go for Championship or League 1 games. May not be the greatest quality, but very entertaining nonetheless. And at £20 - £25 per match, much more sustainable too.

And I have also managed to catch "lesser" Premier league matches like Norwich vs Wigan for less than £25 per ticket. I also saw West Ham vs Man United (FA cup 3rd round) for only £36. It's the match where Man United almost lost except for an injury time equalizer by RVP. The atmosphere was just amazing. And I was there. :)

The joys of living in the UK. :)

And oh, I also went to BOTH the Wimbledon's Ladies AND Mens single's finals. Where Andy Murray won. But that's for another thread. :)

gnixer

Master Member
Reaction score
i got 2 oyster cards (about 5 pounds left with a refundable deposit of $5 pounds) available if you are keen.

waitforme

Reaction score
Go for the hospitality package if you really want to watch the game. I paid GBP199 for United v Everton this year. Ok, it is different teams but it guarantees you tickets. You may need to join LFC Supporters' Club to be able to sign up for the package.

As for your trip, plan the sequence. You should do UK, take train to Paris then onto Germany. go for Munich, if you can. Beautiful city!

r0_ger

Master Member
Reaction score
ok, more or less decided to get the package from Thomascook which includes a one night hotel stay. Cost about £200/person but at least the accommodation is covered.

Tricky part is, I will be touching down in Paris on the 24/10 and leaving Paris on the 03/11. What is the best (cheapest) way to go from Paris to London/Liverpool??

tanchoo1

Master Member
Reaction score
ok, more or less decided to get the package from Thomascook which includes a one night hotel stay. Cost about £200/person but at least the accommodation is covered.

Tricky part is, I will be touching down in Paris on the 24/10 and leaving Paris on the 03/11. What is the best (cheapest) way to go from Paris to London/Liverpool??

From London to Liverpool, you can also consider taking the bus. National Express is usually more expensive than Megabus, but sometimes NE has cheap fares especially if you book early enough.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.