1st time to London

whitebiox

Reaction score
Need some advise for 1st time visit to London.

Which is the more recommended area/neighbourhood for hotel stay in London for 5 days free and easy that is easily accessible to tourist location and shopping belt.

Is Bicester Village recommended ?

Thanks

darcbleu

Reaction score

Which is the more recommended area/neighbourhood for hotel stay in London for 5 days free and easy that is easily accessible to tourist location and shopping belt.

Thanks

i stayed at Euston as I need to travel to Manchester.

it really depends on your itinerary where you plan to visit and where will be convenient for your to move around.

tip is always stay near tube station, I recommend central London, just search for accommodation using booking.com or agoda.com

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I stayed near Hyde park. Forgot the hotel name. Along that stretch ba. Walking distance to malls etc. want higher end can take bus or train

Elnovasoh

Reaction score

Thanks

I stayed airbnb in Leicester Square aka their chinatown. If you are carrying luaggage recommend to take to Tottenham court where escalator are available just need to walk slightly more rather than hand carry luggage up two flight of stairs.

You can check out my 6 days 5 nights in london trip i had from my blog http://www.shuxianblog.com/6-days-5-nights-in-london-itinerary-part-1/ & http://www.shuxianblog.com/6-days-5-nights-in-london-itinerary-part-2/

Hope it gives you more info of what you required. I did went to Bicester Village, and i did post some of the photos and price of the goods offer in bicester. One more tips is that you can buy the tickets from their counter as they do sell in group that is cheaper than buying thru the ticket machine.

Burger & Lobster highly recommend you to try. Duck & Waffle also another must visit. If you take steak, Flat iron steak is also another great place. Try their london cab for short distance if you have 4 pax with you. The price is comparable to taking train.For more info check out my blog.

Last edited:

Jingbright

Reaction score

Thanks
I
planning to go this year end, good to find out more from here

chech01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First time better stay in London city. As close as you can afford.

Also as near as possible to underground.

Bichester v is too far out. Once the shopping is done then its boredom.

Advisory
Dont be tempted to take stairs at underground stations when lift q is long. Unless you are full marathoners healthy.

Last edited:

tokyofanboi

Reaction score
I will be staying near Bayswater, which stop should i stop at to change the underground from heathrow airport? Will be arriving 6am in the morning

tokyofanboi

Reaction score
First time better stay in London city. As close as you can afford.

Also as near as possible to underground.

Bichester v is too far out. Once the shopping is done then its boredom.

Advisory
Dont be tempted to take stairs at underground stations when lift q is long. Unless you are full marathoners healthy.

How to go to Bichester Village? Bus or underground? How much is the ride? tia

Bad kids

Reaction score
I remember there is a day tour (from London) that go to bicester and stone hedge, cost about ÂŁ40 (exclude entrance fee). Alternatively, I believe bicester have some sort of transportation arrangement from London (payable of course).
Tube doesn't take you anywhere close to that area.

Most labels have good offer, go only if you have intention to buy luxury goods. Otherwise, it will be a distance from London.

How to go to Bichester Village? Bus or underground? How much is the ride? tia

Last edited:

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I will be staying near Bayswater, which stop should i stop at to change the underground from heathrow airport? Will be arriving 6am in the morning
You can see from the tube map. But guess u may need to trf twice. Heathrow to Paddington then Paddington to Bayswater.

The best roast duck is at Bayswater. Goldmine
:)

tokyofanboi

Reaction score
I remember there is a day tour (from London) that go to bicester and stone hedge, cost about ÂŁ40 (exclude entrance fee). Alternatively, I believe bicester have some sort of transportation arrangement from London (payable of course).
Tube doesn't take you anywhere close to that area.

Most labels have good offer, go only if you have intention to buy luxury goods. Otherwise, it will be a distance from London.

I see, will go google for it. thanks. You bought or found any good deal at bicester village?

tokyofanboi

Reaction score
You can see from the tube map. But guess u may need to trf twice. Heathrow to Paddington then Paddington to Bayswater.

The best roast duck is at Bayswater. Goldmine
:)

yup im so going to try it, Did you try the lobster noodle? any good?

Elnovasoh

Reaction score

zeejayUU

Reaction score
Bicester is quite a long way from London. Actually is nearer Oxford. It's very popular with tourist so there should be a lot of coach service to go there for the day. You can easily spend a lot of time there but there is nothing else except the outlet there. You can find some very good deals, and even better once you claim the VAT back. I'm still using all my bags and wallets which would cost like 4 times the price in Ion

Goldmine for the best duck is absolutely correct. I have eaten there so many times over the years I lived in London and is my favourite. But that doesn't mean the others are not good. Four Seasons is just next door to Goldmine and is also famous. In fact the Goldmine was started by chefs who were originally from Four Season. Many other Chinese restaurant have good duck too but be sure to try other things like soya sauce chicken and crispy noodles etc.

Must also eat Indian food, Turkish Barbecue etc. Many different types of food in UK. Just don't bother with Singapore or Malaysian food cos you will be very disappointed with it. Save it for when you get back home

tokyofanboi

Reaction score
I'm still thinking should go bicester village or not. Go there never buy things waste time. Buy things but dunno what to buy. Thinking of going to the designer outlet at Wembley instead. I know they sell different things. Going bicester village the trip is not cheap and like what you say only outlets and nothing else.

Goldmine I'm going to try very near to where I will be staying

Bicester is quite a long way from London. Actually is nearer Oxford. It's very popular with tourist so there should be a lot of coach service to go there for the day. You can easily spend a lot of time there but there is nothing else except the outlet there. You can find some very good deals, and even better once you claim the VAT back. I'm still using all my bags and wallets which would cost like 4 times the price in Ion

Goldmine for the best duck is absolutely correct. I have eaten there so many times over the years I lived in London and is my favourite. But that doesn't mean the others are not good. Four Seasons is just next door to Goldmine and is also famous. In fact the Goldmine was started by chefs who were originally from Four Season. Many other Chinese restaurant have good duck too but be sure to try other things like soya sauce chicken and crispy noodles etc.

Must also eat Indian food, Turkish Barbecue etc. Many different types of food in UK. Just don't bother with Singapore or Malaysian food cos you will be very disappointed with it. Save it for when you get back home

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.