HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

5 Days in Switzerland --- Sharing our Itinerary, Tips and Experiences!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-04-2014, 11:34 AM   #1

Talking 5 Days in Switzerland --- Sharing our Itinerary, Tips and Experiences!

Hi all!

We are now writing and sharing on our 5 Days 4 Nights trip in Switzerland, where we had stayed in Wengen and travelled to towns such as Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen and Grindelwald.

We also visited beautiful and unforgettable places like the Trümmelbach Falls, taking a hike from Männlichen to Kleine Scheidegg, took the Lake Brienz Cruise, rode the Brienz Rothorn Bahn up Brienzer Rothorn Mountain and our highlight of the trip --- Taking the train Ride up to Jungfraujoch Railway Station and had lots of snowy fun at Jungfraujoch, Top of Europe!

We would thus like to share with you our Itinerary, Tips and Experiences of our trip, which we believe would be useful for you:

Here are the links:

Our Switzerland Summary page:
5 Days In Switzerland Itinerary and Tips - Travel.Snap.Stories

All our posts in Switzerland (more are added regularly):
Switzerland Archives - Travel.Snap.Stories

Our travel blog's main page:
Travel.Snap.Stories - A Family Travel Blog With Stories of Travel

Hope you will find them useful!

Please also click here to LIKE our Facebook Page to keep yourself updated on our latest posts! Thanks!

Jurong640 likes this.

Last edited by WaveSurfer; 07-06-2014 at 10:30 PM..
WaveSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2014, 05:54 PM   #2

Nice . Beautiful country except that it's so expensive.
WaveSurfer likes this.
maxrebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2014, 10:43 AM   #3

Thank you.

Yes it's a beautiful and expensive country, but it's still worth at least going once for its magnificent alps and experience.
JetFixation likes this.
Old 23-04-2014, 03:37 AM   #4
High Supremacy Member

Let me debunk this belief.

Lunch is usually on the go. If you buy from COOP or MIGROS (their ntuc) and if you are not enemies of milk/cheese/salad/fruits/bread/hard-boiled egg, it can cut down your budget by alot.

Dinner is typically ~40SGD, including tax.

Transport is S$400 per pax for a 4day pass. You can use this pass to SPAMMMM bus/train/cruise. For $100 a day, u can see scenic views like what's shared by TS...or to places like Spiez...and Zermatt. It's out of this world.

Last edited by chopra; 23-04-2014 at 03:40 AM..
chopra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2014, 02:25 PM   #5

Let me debunk this belief.

Lunch is usually on the go. If you buy from COOP or MIGROS (their ntuc) and if you are not enemies of milk/cheese/salad/fruits/bread/hard-boiled egg, it can cut down your budget by alot.

Dinner is typically ~40SGD, including tax.

Transport is S$400 per pax for a 4day pass. You can use this pass to SPAMMMM bus/train/cruise. For $100 a day, u can see scenic views like what's shared by TS...or to places like Spiez...and Zermatt. It's out of this world.
And why do you need to suggest buying food from the supermarket to cut down on your budget Because eating out isn't cheap right
maxrebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2014, 11:09 AM   #6
High Supremacy Member

And why do you need to suggest buying food from the supermarket to cut down on your budget Because eating out isn't cheap right
Well, it's subjective. My view is that one simply dun have time to opt for 2 sessions of restaurant each day. Remb, this is europe. Their service is relatively slower than what u expect in singapore...they dun seem to be eager to earn lots of profits. So you need to cater ard 1.5-2hours for each meal settled in a restaurant.

Not forgetting most travellers are already spending bulk of their time on transport. And that Overlooking the panoramic views while u do a pinic is certainly priceless.
chopra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2014, 11:14 PM   #7

Looking forward to your posts on Rothenburg ob der Tauber! I stayed for 2 nights there in 2012! Lovely place!
MilesTeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2014, 01:00 AM   #8

Usually people will bring sandwiches, biscuits and a hot thermos flask for milo/tea/coffe.
Can just buy whatever you feel like from the supermarket. Don't need to cart too much food from Singapore
Either eat on train or at the scenic spot.
If you are going Jungfrau, a cup noodle will set you back by $10+.
It is always good to keep some snacks handy because we can be just rushing for time and cold weather makes me feel hungry most of the time
chopra likes this.
Old 14-05-2014, 10:13 AM   #9

Looking forward to your posts on Rothenburg ob der Tauber! I stayed for 2 nights there in 2012! Lovely place!
Thanks Miles! That is indeed a beautiful place to stay in, though unfortunately we will probably only update on there after we have completed our Switzerland and Sydney posts. :p (too much backlog)

After returning from Sydney last week, we now could find time to start updating our Switzerland trip again, featuring our journey up to Jungfraujoch and the wonderful times there, followed by a short visit to Grindelwald Village!

Check out our latest post about our journey up to the Top of Europe- Jungfraujoch!

Old 15-05-2014, 02:00 PM   #10
Supremacy Member

can anyone advise is CHF$2100 enough for 2 persons for 10D7N? We will be going with a tour group though. Minus tips(fixed) and Jungfraujoch tour, we would have left CHF$1570 for personal expenses and 6 x meals.
tinydot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:31 PM   #11

Please also click here to LIKE our Facebook Page to keep yourself updated on our latest posts! Thanks!

iswift likes this.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:29 PM   #12

because that's what the locals do.
same logic when angmohs come to singapore and expect beer/wine with their food and their meals end up 3 or 4 times more expensive than my hawker centre food.
bugmenot45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 11:55 PM   #13

Not just budget .And their food in restaurant is not cheap nor fantastic and service is slow. I find switzerland's food a bit salty.

Supermarket has interesting local snacks. Limited edition movenpick ice cream and etc.

After a day out, just want something simple and fast.

chf$1570 for 6 meals is more than enough.
I spend around sgd$30-40 per day too.
There is nothing much to buy there, unless you planned to get a branded bag.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:12 AM   #14

Good morning! Hope our experiences will continue to be useful to travelers!
Old 10-08-2014, 03:44 PM   #15

The place I enjoyed the most last time in Switzerland was Basel.

Go for a walk near the train station and taste their delicious chocolate.
WaveSurfer likes this.
iil888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.