April'17 Europe Trip

darcbleu

Reaction score
Hi all,

will be flying to London from 11 April till 22 April with cities planned London -> Manchester ->Paris -> Maybe Holland or Italy.

Any ideal accommodation to recommend in London around Euston / King's Cross for train convenient to Manchester sake? Budget not more than $200SGD per night? Any must visit places?

Manchester more or less I settle for Ibis Budget which is nearer to Old Trafford, any other else I can try with around $150 per night?

Paris is a blur one for me. Recommendations will be appreciated.

thanks all!!

BirdbrainZ

Master Member
Reaction score
A couple of questions before we start.

1. What is the tentative duration of your entire trip (1month/2months/3months/4months)?
  2. How many days do you see yourself allocating to each city and/or country (4days per city, 10-14days per country)?
  3. Are you travelling alone?
  4. Are you interested hostel or hotel stay during your trip?
  5. What mode of transportation are you planning on taking when crossing countries (bus/trains/aeroplanes)?
  6. Do you have a budget to work within?

If you have not already done this. Firstly, I recommend more or less deciding on the duration of your entire trip (helps in determining whether the Schengen Visa duration applies to your trip), then moving on to making a list of countries you'd like to visit, and working your way down into the cities/towns/attractions in those countries you'd like to visit. Secondly, depending on the size of your travel budget, consider whether you'd like to take a less cost-efficient route during this trip. You need not start in UK - London as your first destination. The UK could become the last portion of your trip - rather than the first. I've noticed that some of the countries you have listed aren't exactly sharing a border; example: France and Netherlands. Are you planning on skipping over Germany, Belgium, or Denmark on your way into the Netherlands by any chance (related to question 5)?

Also, depending on the entire duration your trip, you may want to look into the different weather/seasons and pack your clothing accordingly.

Last edited:

darcbleu

Reaction score
hi,

my whole trip is actually 11 april - 22 april.

but rather have to be fix on London follow by Manchester as will be catching a game in Manchester on 15 April.

London->Manchester leg more or less confirm unless there is better travel arrangement for me to visit before reaching Manchester on 14 April.

Travelling with my wife only. only looking at private bathroom stay, preferbably hotels or private airbnb.

all other places after Manchester can still be decided depending on convenience and $$.

not dealing with tons of $$ but reasonable amount should be fine.

lesser cross borders will be better as more will result in more flights and time? trains prefer.

budget on hotel probably $150-$200 max per night.

a1v1n_

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Doesn't leave much time for your second part of the trip for Paris and the maybe Holland / Italy portion. Might want to consider do more of France instead?

It's also dependent on where you flying out from.

Sent from ME using GAGT

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
During match days think hotels at Manchester will be expensive. I did a Train trip down from London on match day. Am going to do this in Dec again. Then rush back for London NYE countdown.

darcbleu

Reaction score
During match days think hotels at Manchester will be expensive. I did a Train trip down from London on match day. Am going to do this in Dec again. Then rush back for London NYE countdown.

I had booked Ibis Budget Salford Quay at Manchester for around SG$90 per night. Reasonable enough I guess.

Hisashiburi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u can try those traditional bed and breakfast places.
I used to stay at those in London, but near Victoria station.
They provide a very nice cooked breakfast in the morning like eggs, bread, tomatoes, bacon.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.