Denmark

Solotravel

Reaction score
Anyone been to Denmark or familiar with Denmark? Would like to look at travel itinerary for reference. I am thinking of traveling to denmark for a fell 8 to 9 days.

punggolkid

Reaction score
There's much to see in København IMO. There's the many palaces (Rosenborg, Christiansborg, etc), Tivoli (go from afternoon to night to see the light up), little mermaid is skip-able, Kongens Nytorv area, eat a sumptuous and cheap buffet at Dalle Valle.

Side trips in summer include a ferry ride to Hven which is a nice quaint island where Tycho Brahe (a famous astronomer) did his stuff, and you can cycle around the beautiful place.

Outside København, there Aarhus. Also, you could also try the train ride to Hamburg (Germany) where the ICE train runs by ferry across from Denmark to Germany which is pretty cool. Hamburg is the equivalent of Venice in Germany. Nice place to visit for the Christmas markets.

Edit: Just to add, in København, there's the Carlsberg factory, and Nyhavn (the colourful houses by the river).

Last edited:

Solotravel

Reaction score
There's much to see in København IMO. There's the many palaces (Rosenborg, Christiansborg, etc), Tivoli (go from afternoon to night to see the light up), little mermaid is skip-able, Kongens Nytorv area, eat a sumptuous and cheap buffet at Dalle Valle.

Side trips in summer include a ferry ride to Hven which is a nice quaint island where Tycho Brahe (a famous astronomer) did his stuff, and you can cycle around the beautiful place.

Outside København, there Aarhus. Also, you could also try the train ride to Hamburg (Germany) where the ICE train runs by ferry across from Denmark to Germany which is pretty cool. Hamburg is the equivalent of Venice in Germany. Nice place to visit for the Christmas markets.

Edit: Just to add, in København, there's the Carlsberg factory, and Nyhavn (the colourful houses by the river).

Any other town in Denmark worth a visit? I have 9 days and would just like to explore Denmark in greater detail and slower pace. But however if there isn't much to do I will then add in sweden or Finland into the itinerary. But that will also means I can't cover much of Sweden in the short duration. How would you plan a 9 days Scandinavia itinerary

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Try to Travel down from Norway. People been asking me to do that whenever i am at the Nordic regions.

punggolkid

Reaction score
I live in Norway. So I do recommend 3 days in Stavanger (Norway) to hike to Kjeragbolten and Preikestolen, 3 days in Bergen (Norway) and the Flam railway to see the fjords, and 3 days in København (Danmark). If you have more days you should add to København. You'd be able to fly to Stavanger or Bergen direct from København lufthavn by SAS or Norwegian.

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I wanna visit Norway when I am at Nordic regions. Maybe can meet u kopi. I wanna visit that highway along the sea! Haha

punggolkid

Reaction score
I wanna visit Norway when I am at Nordic regions. Maybe can meet u kopi. I wanna visit that highway along the sea! Haha

Do you mean the Great Atlantic Road? It's pretty off the grid. The nearest airport is in Molde I think. Dangerous in winter even, esp in icy conditions and the strong wind/waves. Which season are you planning for?

orlengtao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I live in Norway. So I do recommend 3 days in Stavanger (Norway) to hike to Kjeragbolten and Preikestolen, 3 days in Bergen (Norway) and the Flam railway to see the fjords, and 3 days in København (Danmark). If you have more days you should add to København. You'd be able to fly to Stavanger or Bergen direct from København lufthavn by SAS or Norwegian.

wow satki you live in norway? can share the experience ?

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Do you mean the Great Atlantic Road? It's pretty off the grid. The nearest airport is in Molde I think. Dangerous in winter even, esp in icy conditions and the strong wind/waves. Which season are you planning for?

I might be there either one of the months from March to May. I tried to go last month but seems like the day tour no more leh.

xrubiksx

Reaction score
if you are travelling around Copenhagen..maybe you take a day or two to travel across the border to sweden. you can try malmo..its on of the bigger city in sweden and its pretty close to denmark..i don't think you have the time to travel all the way up to stockholm coz there are a lot of places to cover if you wan to fully utilise your time there..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.