Going SPAIN? Ask this amdk ah beng!

5star_pundit

Banned
Reaction score
europe food and vegetables are very fresh and it taste sweet even without any seasoning cos all of them are local produce

Erwinlow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yessss, moi love portugal!

Porto can be seen in one day but two days can go relac, enjoy makan...the wine...

Lisboa three days is oso good! (maybe u can visit sintra oso)

3 days for faro.....are chiu planning to go around algarve? car? cause many naise towns around like olhao, portimao, lagoa, lagos, tavira...

Day 1: Arrive Faro 7+pm
Day 2: Explore Faro itself
Day 3: Explore Algarve - any recommended route? Will probably rent a car here I think.
Day 4: Since I have the car, probably drive up to Lisbon instead of train/bus and return car there
Day 5: Explore Lisbon
Day 6: Sintra + Cabo da Roca
Day 6: Porto
Day 7: Porto

But I'm also thinking twice about renting a car...as I read the tolls are quite expensive 20-30 euros from Algarve to Lisbon. But if I don't rent a car it's hard to explore Algarve from Faro right?

Been wanting to try this place in Lisbon for the longest time! https://migrationology.com/cervejaria-ramiro-restaurant-lisbon/

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
since no hawker concept around here...yes..something liddat.

On weekdays office peepur go out for lunch to nearby restaurants to eat what is call a menu. Prices normally range form 8 to 14 euros. In a menu chiu choose one starter and a second, then drink and dessert is included.

Ic.. do u know the foodcourts that we have here.. eg like Kopitiam or Koufu or Food Republic? Do u guys have such a thing over there?

Nemesis Alien

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ic.. do u know the foodcourts that we have here.. eg like Kopitiam or Koufu or Food Republic? Do u guys have such a thing over there?

No such thing, to us stores there look like coffee bean, whatever small cafe, etc...

ironically the best food seem to be in out of the way bird no lay egg places...

spangaporean

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Day 1: Arrive Faro 7+pm
Day 2: Explore Faro itself
Day 3: Explore Algarve - any recommended route? Will probably rent a car here I think.
Day 4: Since I have the car, probably drive up to Lisbon instead of train/bus and return car there
Day 5: Explore Lisbon
Day 6: Sintra + Cabo da Roca
Day 6: Porto
Day 7: Porto

But I'm also thinking twice about renting a car...as I read the tolls are quite expensive 20-30 euros from Algarve to Lisbon. But if I don't rent a car it's hard to explore Algarve from Faro right?

Chiu should rent car if u ask me. I like to travel by car, more freedom and I think for portugal is a very good option.
Yes Algarve is much better with car and so many options to go! I love to go Cabo de sao vicente (near sagres....) But quite ulu place and maybe u got no time.

Been wanting to try this place in Lisbon for the longest time! https://migrationology.com/cervejaria-ramiro-restaurant-lisbon/

never tired that place! its been long since my last trip to lisbon! utry and tell moi!

Last edited:

spangaporean

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ofcos I know the foodcourts....missing them!:s8:

no....but hipsters with money are trying to open places with a bit of the concept like yatai market in madrid

spangaporean

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PSIOJFrl.jpg

In spain for breakfast u order our "kaya toast"

Mollete con tomate y zumo de naranja 4 euros

Sent from ahbengland using GAGT

Nemesis Alien

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

no....but hipsters with money are trying to open places with a bit of the concept like yatai market in madrid

Hawker in Spain will become something like machie lah, which defeats the purpose, novelty item liao, ex like hell

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Oh i'm not familiar with the yatai market.. is it something like our hawker style?

spangaporean

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
YoFCFJql.jpg

GPGT Yesterday moi saw this deadly penis plate in madrid :D

Sent from ahbengland using GAGT

Last edited:

jimboyboy

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello TS,

Can you tell me if it is easy to take a coach from Faro or any other place in the Algarve to Seville? Which bus company would you recommend?

Also are there many buses going from Barcelona to Paris?

I intend to visit Portugal starting from Porto, then go down to Lisbon then Faro. Enter Spain and travel to Paris before ending in London. Do you think it is a good idea to enter Spain from the south? Not driving and using local transport only.

Will start the trip next month!

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.