Greece - Santorini Guide

imanf_m

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am planning a travel there in March. Care to share more details abt Scoot and any recommendations for stay?

i didnt take scoot, cannot tahan no food/entertainment onboard.
if ya at santorini, 3 main places of stay - oia/fira/firostefanie
most pple would prefer the “caldera view” so u can opt for suites/cave houses facing that. i changed 3 accommodatn each night just for the experience. Dana Suites & Villa at firostefanie, on the cliff (fira) .. recommend on the cliff for its location, right at the square where there’re shops/restaurants and other amenities...but theres no real partition between the different units right outside....so when you’re siting outside the apartment and look at the sides, you might jus see what your neighbours in the hot tub or relaxing doing their stuff...

Samkoh888

Reaction score
Thks imanf_m.

I have 6 full days in all in Athen, not including arrival and departure days.

From Athen, I plan to fly to Santorini and back.

Any recommendation on how I should spilt my limited time between Athen and Santorini. It will be my first time there.

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thks imanf_m.

Any recommendation on how I should spilt my limited time between Athen and Santorini. It will be my first time there.

santorini should be at least 2 nights

imanf_m

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thks imanf_m.

you should plan to spend about 2-3 days in santorini, visit the neighbouring islands of the cyclades...take the ferry spend a night in naxos, paros etc....i arrived at athens, took a flight to santorini..and ferry to piraeus(athens port), to experience both flight/ferry..
unless you really like city life, athens is really all that...perhaps dedicate a couple of days to see the monument ,sites eg parthenon or corinthian canal...
heading there during summer (june to aug)? it super duper peak season, so book your accommodatn in advance...
drive carefully if u intend to rent a car in santorini..like the locals say “its a jungle out there”.
if you’re heading there (islands) in march, i believe more shops/restaurants will be opened (better than in winter months choices are limited).. though most will open late april to may onwards in preparation for summer crowd. so dont be surprised if your selection is closed, check online or call before makin your way there.. there will be other choices so no worries

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.