Letsgoeurope ( L.G.E Travel )

260Wolskel

Reaction score
Has anyone traveled with this travel agent before and can share any comment or opinion?

Thanks!

Mysticwind

Reaction score
Bad experience on LGE travel

Hi, recommend anyone who like to book a tour with LGE Travel to proceed at your own risk. I just went on a 12D Finland/Norway/Hurtigurten cruise tour to chase the northern lights and experience with the tour manager was not ideal. I will say that a tour manager will make or break the trip, as he/she will be the person who plans and manage your free time.

Imagine going to the airport 5 HOURS before the flight time and nothing to shop at Helsinki airport? Activity being cut short and we were rushed back to the hotel with nothing to do/no acitvity was catered for the remaining day. Shopping trips at Helsinki City or xmas markets were short because an early dinner was planned for? City tour at Tromso was not fulfilling because tour managers discussed with the local guide to cut it short?

Worse - we gave feedback on their facebook page and the whole REVIEW PAGE was on the next day removed/taken down and we were forced during the trip to tick YES under "WILL YOU TRAVEL WITH LGE AGAIN", if not the form will be thrown back to us.

Most of the time the tour felt almost like free & easy where we were left to figure out things ourselves. The tour manager did not provide any recommendations nor answer any of our questions like what is the checkout timings. The main concern was to bring us back to the hotel asap only...

Went on a 12D Finland/Norway/hurtigurten cruise with Tour Manager - Jasmine Sim.

Dept date: 7 Dec 2016

1) Tour Manager was not professional or ethical. We were forced to tick YES under the feedback form question "WILL YOU FLY WITH LGE AGAIN?", or the form will be thrown back to us. How is this a honest feedback form? She mentioned that we could rate everything poorly, or write whatever comments - and she would not care, as long is YES under that question. Such a way to do business.

2) Jasmine was inexperienced for this route. Many times, she gave us wrong information or even no information at all. And committed mistake that we were forced to pay for:

- we were forced to had a lunch buffet at a cafe, even though it was told that it will be F&E lunch (ownself settled). However, when we reached and got to know is buffet - all of us did not want to have the lunch; yet was forced to pay for because it was already catered. Jasmine did not inform us that it was a buffet nor check with us if we were agreeable beforehand.

- at the Hammerfest town, we were told that we would get free polar bear pins by Jasmine beforehand. But then Jasmine realised is not free and we did not.

- at the domestic flight/transfers between tromso-oslo-helsinki, we weren't even given basic information of waiting time and was stuck with no activity/preparation for 2-3 hours of waiting.

3) The whole trip was really bad and not well-planned in terms of time management by the tour manager, if not by LGE:

- many times we were told to rush off from an activity, but there was nothing on there after; only back to the hotel. Eg. The husky safari was really short, and not the stated promised 2 hours. We could not spend much time with the dogs there after, and got to rush to the bus to only slack/do nothing back at the hotel

- for flight from HEL-SIN at 1155pm, we reached the airport 7pm which is practically 5 hours beforehand? This is amazing. So we spent our time doing nothing, when in fact we could have more time to shop/walk around at the Helsinki city tour beforehand, and need not have an early dinner at 530pm. What is the rush, LGE?

- flights were also not well arranged, as throughout the 12 hours flights - I was seated separately from my spouse. All the rooms and names were also mixed up when we indicated the correct pairing when we purchased the tour package.

Thanks LGE for the horrible travel experience, coupled with inexperienced and unprofessional tour manager. Wasted many hours waiting around, while activities felt really short.

It was only great with the company/friends I went with. This will be the first and last time we will go for a LGE travel tour.

Last edited:

giggss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi mysticwind.. I was on the same trip with you with jasmine Sim.. all I can say is.. pui chao nua! were you with the group of 10 people? I remembered that day which lunch was supposed to be on our own.. the big group didn't want to eat in the restaurant which we were brought to.. but end up gotta u-turn back to be forced to eat there...

giggss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So is jasmine good or lousy

I think she is lousy..
scared of cold.. so scared of cold , keep rushing tour members to go off as soon as she had taken some pictures (probably for the sake of reporting to office that she had brought us to certain sites and completed her job)

example.. after the husky ride, we had time to interact with the dogs at their kennels.. but this jasmine had to chase us out.. saying something like 'we gotta go now!! otherwise I do not know the way to bring you guys out of this forest'

it's just a 1 way route out, the Finnish operators also did not chase us..so what is with the rush? end up, after we made our way out, our bus wasn't even there yet! we had to wait for at least 15 min for our bus to arrive.. total waste of time. we could have spend more time with the dos, taking photos, etc.. not to mention that the husky ride was supposed to be 2 hours, but we only had about 20 - 30 min ride!

tansuri

Reaction score
I have booked for this tour. Hopefully I won't be so unlucky to get her. On the day that u guys had to leave tromso, by what time dI'd you had to be ready? Possible to go shopping?

giggss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have booked for this tour. Hopefully I won't be so unlucky to get her. On the day that u guys had to leave tromso, by what time dI'd you had to be ready? Possible to go shopping?

not sure if your itinerary is same as ours.. flight from tromso at 5 plus? for us, we left hotel at about 130pm or 2pm... own time in the morning.. not much shops in that area.. if you're looking to buy tax free branded stuff, last day at Helsinki before flying off may have chance.

what's on your itinerary for last 2 days?

tansuri

Reaction score
not sure if your itinerary is same as ours.. flight from tromso at 5 plus? for us, we left hotel at about 130pm or 2pm... own time in the morning.. not much shops in that area.. if you're looking to buy tax free branded stuff, last day at Helsinki before flying off may have chance.

what's on your itinerary for last 2 days?

I saw a review that jasmine scolds her customers ??? Terrible

Did u follow the optional tour in tromso? It's over $400 right?
Our last 2 days should be in Helsinki. Should let us spend more time in tromso rather in Helsinki

tansuri

Reaction score
****....it sounds so shifty. I thought there would be a guide from singapore and a local guide there? Freelance guide? Feel like crying already. Commit to pay 5k for a shitty trip?

I booked cos I only saw positive reviews on their fb. When would they send the confirmed itinerary?

giggss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
****....it sounds so shifty. I thought there would be a guide from singapore and a local guide there? Freelance guide? Feel like crying already. Commit to pay 5k for a shitty trip?

I booked cos I only saw positive reviews on their fb. When would they send the confirmed itinerary?

have you gone for the trip?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Go europe might as well do free and easy?
Have been to a few country in europe, as long as you have a few driver and can speak english, shouldn't be a big issue. Lazy to plan can look up what others do, like bloggers or those travel guide.

sereneong19

Reaction score

In my opinion, get a local tour guide. They are the locals and know their place well and during my recent chase in Tromso, the local guide equipped us with thermal suits n boots at the boot (if we need), hot chocolate drinks and helping us taking photos or adjusting the camera settings. Very personalized touch...they drove us around instead of waiting in the hotel n banging the doors to get out from our room to see it.

foreveru13

Master Member
Reaction score
thank you for sharing, i hope these kind of sharing improves quality of travel providers!

curiousaboutthetruth

Reaction score
Hi, that's a really unpleasant experience. My relatives and I were just considering this exact same tour for year end as the itinerary looks good. I understand that the Europe tours are jointly promoted together with Nam Ho, SA, Apple Holidays. Surprised that it turns out so bad given these agents' names combined.

Can you tell me if you managed to see the northern lights as they guaranteed and where did you see it? How was the glass igloo? Does it have attached bathing facilities? Just want to know for consideration although the reviews have put a damper on it.

Thanks.

Hi, recommend anyone who like to book a tour with LGE Travel to proceed at your own risk. I just went on a 12D Finland/Norway/Hurtigurten cruise tour to chase the northern lights and experience with the tour manager was not ideal. I will say that a tour manager will make or break the trip, as he/she will be the person who plans and manage your free time.

Imagine going to the airport 5 HOURS before the flight time and nothing to shop at Helsinki airport? Activity being cut short and we were rushed back to the hotel with nothing to do/no acitvity was catered for the remaining day. Shopping trips at Helsinki City or xmas markets were short because an early dinner was planned for? City tour at Tromso was not fulfilling because tour managers discussed with the local guide to cut it short?

Worse - we gave feedback on their facebook page and the whole REVIEW PAGE was on the next day removed/taken down and we were forced during the trip to tick YES under "WILL YOU TRAVEL WITH LGE AGAIN", if not the form will be thrown back to us.

Most of the time the tour felt almost like free & easy where we were left to figure out things ourselves. The tour manager did not provide any recommendations nor answer any of our questions like what is the checkout timings. The main concern was to bring us back to the hotel asap only...

More details on review that I have posted on th LGE travel page (feel free to ask me any questions):

Went on a 12D Finland/Norway/hurtigurten cruise with Tour Manager - Jasmine Sim.

Dept date: 7 Dec 2016

1) Tour Manager was not professional or ethical. We were forced to tick YES under the feedback form question "WILL YOU FLY WITH LGE AGAIN?", or the form will be thrown back to us. How is this a honest feedback form? She mentioned that we could rate everything poorly, or write whatever comments - and she would not care, as long is YES under that question. Such a way to do business.

2) Jasmine was inexperienced for this route. Many times, she gave us wrong information or even no information at all. And committed mistake that we were forced to pay for:

- we were forced to had a lunch buffet at a cafe, even though it was told that it will be F&E lunch (ownself settled). However, when we reached and got to know is buffet - all 10 of us did not want to have the lunch; yet was forced to pay for because it was already catered. Jasmine did not inform us that it was a buffet nor check with us if we were agreeable beforehand.

- at the Hammerfest town, we were told that we would get free polar bear pins by Jasmine beforehand. But then Jasmine realised is not free and we did not.

- at the domestic flight/transfers between tromso-oslo-helsinki, we weren't even given basic information of waiting time and was stuck with no activity/preparation for 2-3 hours of waiting.

3) The whole trip was really bad and not well-planned in terms of time management by the tour manager, if not by LGE:

- many times we were told to rush off from an activity, but there was nothing on there after; only back to the hotel. Eg. The husky safari was really short, and not the stated promised 2 hours. We could not spend much time with the dogs there after, and got to rush to the bus to only slack/do nothing back at the hotel

- for flight from HEL-SIN at 1155pm, we reached the airport 7pm which is practically 5 hours beforehand? This is amazing. So we spent our time doing nothing, when in fact we could have more time to shop/walk around at the Helsinki city tour beforehand, and need not have an early dinner at 530pm. What is the rush, LGE?

- flights were also not well arranged, as throughout the 12 hours flights - I was seated separately from my spouse. All the rooms and names were also mixed up when we indicated the correct pairing when we purchased the tour package.

Thanks LGE for the horrible travel experience, coupled with inexperienced and unprofessional tour manager. Wasted many hours waiting around, while activities felt really short.

It was only great with the company/friends I went with. This will be the first and last time we will go for a LGE travel tour.

couch.potato

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go europe might as well do free and easy?
Have been to a few country in europe, as long as you have a few driver and can speak english, shouldn't be a big issue. Lazy to plan can look up what others do, like bloggers or those travel guide.

The travel agencies are cheaper than free and easy now tbh
If u follow the booking (decent airline / decent 3-4 star hotel / transport between cities and countries)... my free and easy was much more expensive or similarly priced without food budget.

Mysticwind

Reaction score
Hi, that's a really unpleasant experience. My relatives and I were just considering this exact same tour for year end as the itinerary looks good. I understand that the Europe tours are jointly promoted together with Nam Ho, SA, Apple Holidays. Surprised that it turns out so bad given these agents' names combined.

Can you tell me if you managed to see the northern lights as they guaranteed and where did you see it? How was the glass igloo? Does it have attached bathing facilities? Just want to know for consideration although the reviews have put a damper on it.

Thanks.

Sorry for the late reply. My friends and I managed to watch the northern lights because we were lucky, and we researched ourselves with app on the activity, and spoke to the igloo ppl etc. And tried to stay up to catch. To be fair the igloo is good 👍🏻 Attached batheroom, and it is v nicely furnished. You will be able to see the northern lights through the window if activity is strong enough :)

From the same tour group, there were almost half who did not catch any northern lights because they were asleep? And we only saw it for 1 day, the rest of it was bad weather

halo100

Reaction score
SA tour

oh no, I jus book my 12D finland tour + Hurtigruten cruise with SA tour in Dec 2017.... after I saw those previous review, I hope I don't get a shitty tour guide. Anyway after I book e tour 1 mnth later, the agency just called and inform me that I need to change my travel dates (due to no igloo hotel). WTH!!! imagine my leave, my insurance has alrd applied. Hais... so regret now

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.