Travel package to Europe

Like Tree2Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
Master Member

Travel package to Europe

Hi, my wife and I are looking for a travel package to Europe, mainly Switzerland, france and italy. I would like to ask normally 12 days is it enough? Anybody went there wIth a tour group, got any recommendation of any travel agency? Please advise... Thanks!!
oddeye82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 02:17 PM   #2
Master Member

Tour group I believe chan brothers and dynasty specialize in Europe and they have popular tours to these countries u mentioned
leogeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 02:49 PM   #3
High Supremacy Member

12-15 days

chan bro better hotel location
dynasty better chinese food
dnsfpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 03:21 AM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

insight vacation confirm gd foods n services but hotel near city means u cannot go ulu place outlet
Old 27-02-2012, 08:38 AM   #5

tour package is too rush. can't really relax imo :p
YuzuJuiceDrink likes this.
Silencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 11:38 AM   #6

I wouldn't choose chan bro and dyansty. their tours are very "touch-and-go", they just bring you to the place, take photo, but you don't really have time to explore.

I recommend these two agencies:
switzerland - Tour 168 - Switzerland tours, holidays, travel, vacation, sightseeing, skiing, hiking, shopping, packages, tailor-made.
italy - Tours to Italy by Ergo: Travel
they specialize in the country and the tours are more indepth.

read this about chanbrothers tour guide:
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eu...s-3031109.html
YuzuJuiceDrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 01:21 PM   #7

I wouldn't choose chan bro and dyansty. their tours are very "touch-and-go", they just bring you to the place, take photo, but you don't really have time to explore.

I recommend these two agencies:
switzerland - Tour 168 - Switzerland tours, holidays, travel, vacation, sightseeing, skiing, hiking, shopping, packages, tailor-made.
italy - Tours to Italy by Ergo: Travel
they specialize in the country and the tours are more indepth.

read this about chanbrothers tour guide:
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eu...s-3031109.html
Very good and sound advice, with nice alternatives too.

But it'll mostly fall on deaf ears. That's why I don't bother anymore. #giveup #apathetic #gotouchlamppostsforallicare #amazingrace #keepthecountrysideunpollutedformeandmywife
beanstalk6 likes this.
tanchoo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #8
High Supremacy Member

not true for all tour package

mine for eg, its pretty relax, at least according to my tour mates

the tour guide is also flexible, allowing us to change itinerary

he is a free lance tour guide
Old 27-02-2012, 10:28 PM   #9

not true for all tour package

mine for eg, its pretty relax, at least according to my tour mates

the tour guide is also flexible, allowing us to change itinerary

he is a free lance tour guide
That's good. Which company is that? #perhapsthereissomehopeafterall
Old 28-02-2012, 07:57 AM   #10
Master Member

That's good. Which company is that? #perhapsthereissomehopeafterall
I would also like to know which company is that... I just went to NATAS over the weekends and compared similar tour packages to Europe, seems like dynasty is the most expensive abt 5k...
oddeye82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:12 AM   #11

CS Travel

Any idea about CS Travel, their italy/swiss/Paris package seems to be reasonable with SQ choice?
subrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #12

Travel Agencies - Flowerpod Forums - Beauty, Makeup, Skincare, Health, Lifestyle, Entertainment, Love & Relationships

Some feedback on dynasty on flowerpod forum, though it's not about europe but I'm sure their problems exist on tours to other countries too:

Dynasty tend to have time management issues. I've been to tours by dynasty twice and both times shopping times aren't very spaced out. At some places where there are nothing much to shop, there's 4hrs but at others where there are hundreds of shops there's only about 2.5hrs or so
- user alicia94

She booked a korea tour package 2months ago but they just informed her ONLY YESTERDAY; that her trip is cancelled(Which is next week!)
The manager over there STILL can boostly say 'I will write a cheque to return the deposit to you, but hor, the money can only withdraw on next yr june!' I will TRY to HELP la, try to settle the deposit as early as possible la.' -___-
... Anyway, the agency is Dynasty.
- user PinkyGrape

2) Large group size of 41 passengers excluding the tour leader, tour guide and photographer

We were informed during the briefing session that there should be around 30 passengers (which we thought that 30 passengers were already quite large a group size) but apparently, it turned out to be a total of 41 passengers for the same tour group. As the group size was large and the double-deck tour bus only catered for 44 passenger seats, there was limited space for our luggages at the lower deck. As such, some of our luggages had to be placed at the upper deck where the passenger seats were located. As you could imagine, the upper deck was quite packed with limited walking space.

The large group size also results in much longer waiting time (be it gathering time, boarding or alighting the bus) and hence lesser time spent in theme parks and other attractions in the itinery.

Based on our previous travel experiences, there should be one tour leader and one tour guide for a group size of 20 passengers. In this case, it should not be unreasonable to have 2 tour leaders and 2 tour guides considering our group size or split our tour group into 2 separate groups.

With the substantial amount of fees spent on the trip, it was not unreasonable for us to expect an enjoyable and satisfying experience from a reputable travel agency like Dynasty. As can be seen from the above feedbacks, this trip was certainly a big disappointment from Dynasty. Honestly, we would definitely think twice of traveling with Dynasty again.
- user Gwhatsup

Last edited by YuzuJuiceDrink; 05-03-2012 at 03:29 PM..
YuzuJuiceDrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:03 PM   #13
High Supremacy Member

I would also like to know which company is that... I just went to NATAS over the weekends and compared similar tour packages to Europe, seems like dynasty is the most expensive abt 5k...
mine is from dynasty lol
10d ger hol bel fra ger, the tour guide is freelance
based on him, is cheaper due to both to n fro at frankfurt
everything in including optional tour app $3.2k via SQ

he brought us to ger, bel & fr supermarket to stock up our "20 cents" distilled water and cheap grocery

extend our factory outlet shopping by removing orientation tour
bot my samsonite at euro150, departmental store selling the exact at euro210

manage to get into the express queue and went up eiffel tower without waiting

1 thing i dun like about this tour is boat ride, total 3 of them
the tour guide allows other tour mate who already ride before to shop in paris/holland instead of wasting the 1 hour

as for food, based on my tour mate
the chinese food is a lot better than other europe tour they went to

similar to chan bro 10d tour by 933 ding zhi yong, departing in jun this year

cheers
Old 06-03-2012, 03:36 PM   #14

A random rant: Go all the way to France, the land of gastronomy, and pay a bomb just to eat Chinese food. Pfffft.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #15
High Supremacy Member

to be fair, the tour guide gave us a choice of chinese or western food
budget euro15 per pax set by agency

since most of my tour mate are in their 40s, the result is obvious
we had chinese food for all our FOC meal

except for an optional tour, 3 course french cuisine with wine & boat ride
iirc euro50 per pax

oh ya and the first dinner in germany...i still remember that salty fish & chips lol
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.