DELL STREAK USERS COME IN !!!

Like Tree8Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-08-2010, 01:41 PM   #46
Supremacy Member

you are right....

did 2.1 support google map turn by turn ?????
what u mean turn by turn?
Old 20-08-2010, 01:44 PM   #47
High Supremacy Member

you are right....

did 2.1 support google map turn by turn ?????
get sygic lo, much better
tekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2010, 01:53 PM   #48
High Supremacy Member

u should sell away yr tattoo lol...

ya i self DIY my ip4 back cover lol...
haha .... nobody wans.
anyway, it does it's function well as a secondary phone. so just keep it for now.
tekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2010, 03:32 PM   #49

get sygic lo, much better
Thanks for the info....
chng238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2010, 12:25 AM   #50

Can read chinese. But input dun come default.

安装谷歌键盘就行了 <chinese typed using android>
Yup only need Google PinYin IME will do.

Old 21-08-2010, 12:35 AM   #51

That good, thanks....

What about can it be hand writing in Chinese like our iPhone or iPad ???
Old 21-08-2010, 12:41 AM   #52
Supremacy Member

thought of giving up my iphone 4 for this! is it recommended by users here? How is the speed for net surfing using 3g on streak? faster than iphone 4?

i found a video on youtube to compare the two phones.. but that one is not yet with updated andriod firmware...

so would like to find out from gurus here!

Thanks!
Old 21-08-2010, 12:56 AM   #53
Supremacy Member

thought of giving up my iphone 4 for this! is it recommended by users here? How is the speed for net surfing using 3g on streak? faster than iphone 4?

i found a video on youtube to compare the two phones.. but that one is not yet with updated andriod firmware...

Thanks!
if u like super big phone get the dell streak lol...im not using 3g on dell streak so cant comment on the speed on streak. what i can say is that 2.1 is da best os...
Old 21-08-2010, 01:58 AM   #54
Supremacy Member

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente...nd_tricks.html

Just to share an article on tips and tricks for android...
Old 21-08-2010, 02:12 AM   #55

Thanks!
Personally there is no point comparing because, each Android phone behave differently even when they are the same OS version, say 2.1.

Personally Android 1.6-2.2 is still not as stable and memory management still sucx compared to iOS 3.2 or 4.xx, I owned Nexus One, Samsung Galaxy S and HTC Desire and I'm not biased against Apple or Android.

However I still prefer a Dell Streak than an iPhone 4 which is now in my drawer. B'cos I'm tired of looking at the same old interface for so many years since Day 1 of 2G launch. 喜新厌旧 hahaha....

Also I'm tired of the same old 3.5" small LCD screen. Is it just too small for web browsing. And I also don't want to carry a 9" iPad everywhere I go. So the next best for me is the Dell Streak with a 5" LCD.

Although it is big, yet still fits in my pocket comfortably.

Android Market Place is hopeless compared to Apple AppStore. Especially Market place search is really hopeless all I can say.

Most of the time, the search give you junk result. Furthermore Android apps are published to different Market place only for certain country. So you will be to be savvy enough to overcome the restriction using "Market Enabler" etc....and you will then find what you want.

Not to mention, the style of management/sync of Song and Video are like are the old days of purely by folder and files. I prefer using iTune to manage them. And if you are a iPod fan, you'll be surprised at the limited function of the Android stock music player. Of course there other music player that is better which can be downloaded, atleast you can get to choose in Android

In term of 3G speed both iPhone 4 and Dell are about the same, furthermore this is subjective to 3G coverage. However in term of web page rendering/loading, Safari is much faster.

Anyway I'm still loving my Dell Steak for the big 5" screen at the moment

Last edited by hagenuk; 21-08-2010 at 09:30 AM..
hagenuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2010, 02:15 AM   #56

Last but not least, my Dell Steak battery(1530mAh/5.66Whr) last longer than iPhone 4 given that the screen is 5" big
Old 21-08-2010, 10:19 AM   #57
Supremacy Member

thanks for the detailed inputs guys!!!

I am sick and tired of whole street walking with iphones actually.. even ah ma and ah pek also carry iphones nowadays... so wanted something different!

I will definitely consider this! ")

Thanks.. i do not use itunes to sync music so that is perfectly fine. i dont play games on my iphone so as long as there is basic apps like twitter and facebook and able to watch youtube videos... im perfectly alright.

Thanks guys!
Old 21-08-2010, 01:44 PM   #58
Supremacy Member

thanks for the detailed inputs guys!!!

I am sick and tired of whole street walking with iphones actually.. even ah ma and ah pek also carry iphones nowadays... so wanted something different!

I will definitely consider this! ")

Thanks.. i do not use itunes to sync music so that is perfectly fine. i dont play games on my iphone so as long as there is basic apps like twitter and facebook and able to watch youtube videos... im perfectly alright.

Thanks guys!
hope to see another dell streak user in here soon !!!
Old 21-08-2010, 11:12 PM   #59

hope to see another dell streak user in here soon !!!
Hi please share how you bought the streak, total how much??

I ever email to Dell UK, but they only sell in UK.

Never buy anything from eBay, no confident on it..

Any recommendation the best way to buy this giant phone???

Thanks

-----
This message is sent from HWZ forums iPhone app
Old 21-08-2010, 11:47 PM   #60

I am interested in this phone also, i think you can try expansys http://www.expansys.com.sg/d.aspx?i=196312 its slight more expensive the price is without shipping and remember if you import anything that is more than $400 from overseas to singapore you got to pay for the GST also.

Maybe the bros here who bought it can provide more info of the best place to buy
freakerknoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.