Huawei Honor U8860 non camera Users come in

castafarian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi

New to this forum, wanting to get this phone for my ns in sep. Had been using Iphone all this while

Just to check with u guys, this phone cfm can be use for NS?? Do we need other verification or such after purchasing it? If yes, it might be too troublesome and will get into trouble if lose those verification.

Also, android is it like Iphone that can upgrade firmware? seem like this phone firmware is only 2.3.

Thank in advance. sorry for those noob question, a first time android user and first time going into NS. HAHA:s13:
i think u wait till u pass out from bmt first bah

buaians

Reaction score
use a lousy phone for BMT. cos u will have netbook there... and if someone steal ur phone u wont be so painful. haha

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The msd sticker paste inside? Then guard dogs want to check need to take out cover? Msd sticker can self stick? Then u stick to a cam phone then bring in camp. .:-O

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought this phone last week from an 'authorised M1 distributor'... it doesnt have the sticker or cert... but i check with the HR of the company i am going to, they say 'any non-camera phone' is ok to bring in.. not sure if i i will hit problem, tat remains to be seen.

kitboi

Reaction score
any one managed to get the screen protector or casing at any local shops?

or planning to buy online? mind if combine order?

floorfan

Reaction score
Huawei Honor unable to upgrade to ICS...

Hi...

My Honor is unable to upgrade to ICS. Think the upgrade process is not even starting... Every time I try to start it either via the upgrade from SD card option or the button combination, it just reboot or just show a pink screen.

A helpful fellow member tried to help me with the problem but to no avail. Trying here now to see if anyone has any inkling on what could possibly be the problem.

Thanks.

reds_gab

Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm new to this phone. Bought one at IMM Starhub cos I need to enter a NS camp in Sep for the first time in many years. No Huawei cert. Starhub staff says my payment receipt and recontract document should be enough.

I hope my Starhub receipt won't fade by Sept. Is there any way I can get the phone officially cleared before Sept so that the guard personnel who dunno the phone won't ask me to surrender the phone?

Thanks for reading this.

Last edited:

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm new to this phone. Bought one at IMM Starhub cos I need to enter a NS camp in Sep for the first time in many years. I hope my Starhub receipt won't fade by Sept. Is there any way I can get the phone officially cleared without anyone asking me to surrender the phone?

Thanks for reading this.

yr set got come with this??

7f285dea.jpg

emo panda

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u mean those miui one need to root? if yes thanks for enlightening. By the way root will void warranty

most miui roms and custom roms are already pre-rooted.. meaning u dont have to root them manually..

emo panda

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The msd sticker paste inside? Then guard dogs want to check need to take out cover? Msd sticker can self stick? Then u stick to a cam phone then bring in camp. .:-O

paste outside.. on the battery cover..

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi DigDub i jus checked my build number ends with B888 so any issues if i try to upgrade to ICS, if not how to change the build number?

when u flash, usually will change the build number also.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.