PHICOMM i600 non camera

powermaster

Reaction score
would appreciate it if you can take note whether the phone frequently dies on you half way through a full charge.

I found out that the battery indicator doesn't drop on my 4.0.4.
Sent in today for the OS upgrade, it fix the battery indicator issue. Prior to my sent in, my play store kept crashing even after factory reset. They replaced one unit for me with the 4.1.2 firmware. There's a new set of minor issue on the 4.1.2 firmware. I'll do some test and update later.

Mystyque

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I found out that the battery indicator doesn't drop on my 4.0.4.
Sent in today for the OS upgrade, it fix the battery indicator issue. Prior to my sent in, my play store kept crashing even after factory reset. They replaced one unit for me with the 4.1.2 firmware. There's a new set of minor issue on the 4.1.2 firmware. I'll do some test and update later.

thanks for the info!

powermaster

Reaction score
Phicomm i600 Non Camera Review (Updated for 4.1.2)

My update review as below, the benchmarking may not be accurate as they replaced my phone. And some how, it is slower in terms of the benchmarking.
Android 4.0.4
Antutu version 4: score of 7732 Slower then S2

Tested with 2 x Sim Card, M1 in the Slot 1 and Singtel in Slot 2
I'm using 1 Mbps 3G plan, when the connections shows H, I ran speed test.
3G Speed test result: Download 0.99Mbps Upload 0.54Mbps

Connect it to Netgear R6200 router via wireless at linkspeed 72Mbps
Netgear is connected to SuperInternet Fiber connection.
Wireless Speed test result: Download 25.20Mbps Upload 30.88Mbps

Android 4.1.2
Antutu version 4: score of 7261 Slower then S2
Tested with 2 x Sim Card, M1 in the Slot 1 and Singtel in Slot 2
I'm using 1 Mbps 3G plan, when the connections shows H, I ran speed test.
3G Speed test result: Download 0.99Mbps Upload 0.55Mbps

Connect it to Netgear R6200 router via wireless at linkspeed 65Mbps
Netgear is connected to SuperInternet Fiber connection.
Wireless Speed test result: Download 17.03Mbps Upload 26.26Mbps

Things to note when bringing to the service center for upgrade
1. All data will be erased

After loading the new firmware, upon factory reset, there are 2 minor issues
1. Keyboard is defaulted with Chinese keyboard, thus you'll need to change the language of the keyboard if you're using English
2. Data connection will not be up, you'll need to go to Settings -> Dual Sim settings -> Configure dual SIM -> Mobile network settings -> Access Point Names -> press on the left Menu button (bottom left touch button) -> Reset to default. Do the same for your slot 2 if your 2nd sim has data access as well.

Games Tested
I have tried playing a couple of games which I've purchased from Playstore on both versions

Fruit Ninja - Both 4.1.2 and 4.0.4 are playable and smooth
Where's My Mickey - Playable but not very smooth on 4.0.4, playable and smooth on 4.1.2
Where's My Water - Playable but not very smooth on 4.0.4, playable and smooth on 4.1.2
Where's My Water 2 - Playable but a bit laggy when complete the stage on 4.0.4, playable and smooth on 4.1.2
Where's My Perry - Loading takes a long time, playable but not smooth on 4.0.4, playable and smooth on 4.1.2
Temple Run Brave - Playable and Smooth on 4.0.4 and 4.1.2
Wreck it Ralph - Super laggy, not playable on 4.0.4, able to play on 4.1.2 without login to facebook profile.
Candy crush saga - Playable on both versions

Conclusion
Dispite the lower reading from Antutu, the games that were unplayable due to laggy is able to play in the new update. And also the battery indicator that was not reflected correctly when I was on 4.0.4 reflected correctly on 4.1.2.

Aaronboy

Reaction score
Anyone experienced laggy in receiving or even unable to receive SMS?

Is there any settings to configure?

powermaster

Reaction score
Where is their service centre?

Their service center at Sim Lim Square, #03-02

Have you upgraded to the latest 4.1? If not then probably it will be laggy. If you have upgraded, might wanna try putting the primary sim card in W/G slot. W/G slot is the primary slot for Data. Meaning to say if you put your data sim in G slot, most likely it is either not able to access to internet or it will be connecting in GPRS instead of 3G.

Aaronboy

Reaction score
Their service center at Sim Lim Square, #03-02

Have you upgraded to the latest 4.1? If not then probably it will be laggy. If you have upgraded, might wanna try putting the primary sim card in W/G slot. W/G slot is the primary slot for Data. Meaning to say if you put your data sim in G slot, most likely it is either not able to access to internet or it will be connecting in GPRS instead of 3G.

Thanks for the address :)

I only have 1 sim card and is on W/G slot. Signal strength bar showing full but my SMS either came in late or never appear at all. I will try and upgrade the firmware and see if the problem still persist.

chiawy

Reaction score
Where is their service centre?

Give them a call first before going down as their lunch time is from 1 to 2pm if I'm not wrong.

Service Centre Address : 1 Rochor Canal Road, Sim Lim Square, #03-02, Singapore 188504
Support Email : tech.support@phicommasia.com
Support Help Line : +65 6336 8613
Operating Hours :
Mon - Fri 10am to 7pm
Sat &Sun 10am to 5pm
Closed on Public Holiday

chiawy

Reaction score
Went to the service center yesterday to upgrade my i600 from 4.0.4 to 4.1.2.

Can really feel the smoothness and speed.

Upgrade takes about 5 minutes as what powermaster has said.

The engineer will remove your battery and SD card; then insert their battery and SD which contain the new firmware and boot up to the recovery to perform the upgrade.

Please take note to backup all your data before bringing your phone to the service center to perform the update.

For SMS, you can use SMSBackup+ and backup your SMS to your gmail.
For Whatsapp, go to WhatsApp > [Menu Button] > Settings > Chat Settings Tap [Backup Conversations]. After that use your explorer and search for Whatsapp folder and copy the Database folder to your SD card or to your PC.

For those who use Google's News and Weather widgets, you can download the apk file from [MOD][07-23-12]TRANSPARENT Genie Widget from Android 4.1 JB (BLUE AND MIUI COLORS!) - Page 8 - xda-developers.

blue.gRux

Reaction score
Just got the phone:

Anyone knows where to get the orig i600 4.0.4 firmware or the updated 4.1.2 firmware?

Any official app for rooting?

Anyone knows where to get a TPU cover for the phone?

feitz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When I connect the phone to my computer, my computer does not detect the storage card in my phone.

Anyone encounters this issue as well?
me too. :(

Installation of MTP SB device fails when i plug in the phone to windows 7 laptop.

Aaronboy

Reaction score
Give them a call first before going down as their lunch time is from 1 to 2pm if I'm not wrong.

Service Centre Address : 1 Rochor Canal Road, Sim Lim Square, #03-02, Singapore 188504
Support Email : tech.support@phicommasia.com
Support Help Line : +65 6336 8613
Operating Hours :
Mon - Fri 10am to 7pm
Sat &Sun 10am to 5pm
Closed on Public Holiday

Thanks chiawy for the info! :)

Elegance

Reaction score
anyone has a link to the german 4.12 dl? can't seem to find it, and don't feel like going all the way to sim lim just to update >_>

Aaronboy

Reaction score
I have installed but still showing the same error. :(

Do I have to do anything after I have installed the driver?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.