HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

PHICOMM i600 non camera

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-11-2013, 09:03 PM   #76

Give them a call first before going down as their lunch time is from 1 to 2pm if I'm not wrong.

Service Centre Address : 1 Rochor Canal Road, Sim Lim Square, #03-02, Singapore 188504
Support Email : tech.support@phicommasia.com
Support Help Line : +65 6336 8613
Operating Hours :
Mon - Fri 10am to 7pm
Sat &Sun 10am to 5pm
Closed on Public Holiday
Thanks chiawy for the info!
Aaronboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 09:39 PM   #77

anyone has a link to the german 4.12 dl? can't seem to find it, and don't feel like going all the way to sim lim just to update >_>
Elegance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #78

Went to the link you gave but only saw methods to root i800 phone.
Old 18-11-2013, 04:10 AM   #79
Great Supremacy Member

Went to the link you gave but only saw methods to root i800 phone.
There's several links to go through and it's not really obvious. I also got pretty annoyed by the way it navigates when I first tried that site.

Here's where I eventually got the universal USB driver
https://plus.google.com/103583939320...ts/BQ5iYJEaaEH
Old 19-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #80

I have installed but still showing the same error.

Do I have to do anything after I have installed the driver?
Old 03-12-2013, 11:02 AM   #81

Hi guys,

any issues you've encountered since upgrading to version 4.1.2?

My set is 4.1.2 out of the box.
But I do encounter the following:
1. sluggish GUI response. Noticeable when I open Whatsapp, close whatsapp, open Apps folder, close apps folder.

2. frequent auto-closing of apps. Widgets also either don't respond or auto-close also.

3. When I look into the "running apps" section, I see 481MB used and only 36MB free and alot of processes "restarting".

4. Keyboard doesn't appear sometimes. Or disappears when typing halfway.

Any tips from current Users on how you overcome similar scenarios?
tskeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:30 AM   #82
Great Supremacy Member

Hi guys,

any issues you've encountered since upgrading to version 4.1.2?

My set is 4.1.2 out of the box.
But I do encounter the following:
1. sluggish GUI response. Noticeable when I open Whatsapp, close whatsapp, open Apps folder, close apps folder.

2. frequent auto-closing of apps. Widgets also either don't respond or auto-close also.

3. When I look into the "running apps" section, I see 481MB used and only 36MB free and alot of processes "restarting".

4. Keyboard doesn't appear sometimes. Or disappears when typing halfway.

Any tips from current Users on how you overcome similar scenarios?
was generally better after the upgrade. Had the disappearing keyboard problem previously but it went away after the upgrade. However the problem just resurfaced recently after I installed Dolphin, removing it didn't help so not sure what is the cause.
Mystyque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:10 PM   #83

I do notice that the keyboard process is always at "restarting" state when I view the list of running apps in the settings area.

I tried using apps to clear cache as I noticed that there's quite a number of cached background processes that are hogging the limited RAM space.

Since then, the keyboard doesn't disappear, given that I've not installed or uninstalled any other apps or widgets.

And performance did improve.

Maybe I was lucky. Any one else had this issue?
Old 04-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #84
Supremacy Member

I do notice that the keyboard process is always at "restarting" state when I view the list of running apps in the settings area.

I tried using apps to clear cache as I noticed that there's quite a number of cached background processes that are hogging the limited RAM space.

Since then, the keyboard doesn't disappear, given that I've not installed or uninstalled any other apps or widgets.

i had the same keyboard disappearing issue before. identified it to be the lack of free ram problem, causing android to restart the keyboard apps in the middle of use.

30+MB is like the threshold before apps like internet browser will suddenly restart in the middle of loading a webpage....

No solution to the limited RAM space...
Old 04-12-2013, 02:55 PM   #85
Great Supremacy Member

I eventually got it fixed by restarting the phone. Sounds like the cause is the same shortage of memory since restarting would had killed any thing I opened but overlooked closing.

Reinstalled Dolphin and the problem didn't recur so seems further proof that memory is the key.
Mystyque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #86

Thumbs down

i had the same keyboard disappearing issue before. identified it to be the lack of free ram problem, causing android to restart the keyboard apps in the middle of use.

30+MB is like the threshold before apps like internet browser will suddenly restart in the middle of loading a webpage....

No solution to the limited RAM space...
I also have this keyboard disappearing issue in my Phicomm i600, after hard reset (wiping cache and dalvik cache) with only whatsapp, google drive and evernote installed the keyboard problem reappeared. My RAM only left like 28MB free.

Also the phone storage low icon and notification appear with only the above 3 apps installed. Really lousy phones from Phicomm.

Now deciding on iNo 2 or LG F5 to replace this lousy Phicomm i600. Will never consider Phicomm phones after bad experience with their i300 and i600.
chiawy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:33 PM   #87

Have you tried disabling all other keyboards and only keep the default keyboard "English (US) - Android keyboard (AOSP)"?

It might help.
Old 17-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #88

Have you tried disabling all other keyboards and only keep the default keyboard "English (US) - Android keyboard (AOSP)"?

It might help.
I never install any other keyboard, the low phone storage icon also appear. Gave up on Phicomm products already. Now waiting for iNo 2 to release.
chiawy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2013, 12:54 PM   #89

I never install any other keyboard, the low phone storage icon also appear. Gave up on Phicomm products already. Now waiting for iNo 2 to release.
There are google Pinying Input keyboard install on the phone. You will need to disable it on setting->language & input-> on keyboard & input methods untick google pinying input and google voice typing.
JohnTan95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #90
Great Supremacy Member

Low phone storage? Sounds like you installed a lot of other stuff. Have you tried offloading apps to SD card?

What other apps you installed? Basically, the phone is limited by hardware having only 512MB so we can't really have too many apps/processes running at the same time before things start screwing up.

Personally, I found everything was OK after I deleted Facebook which I never use in the first place
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.