Xiaomi User group 2014

stanleyj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure what's the response will be. But there are users out there and i know the phones when available are snapped up quickly. Plus it's coming to sg.
A few issues...and tweaks as the software is not quite fully 'googled'. So some sharing here might help us all.

stanleyj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
NO LTE LEH!

not yet........the hardware is there....perhaps when there is a major update and they release an international one.

currently, play store does not work 100% despite the workaround to be able to access it but you could not buy apps on it.

Sai777

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
International version should be WCDMA 3G. Play store comes as standard.

Price is reasonable for domestic market but not sure when it arrives here.

Reaction score
I got the Xiaomi Hongmi WCDMA version for $250. Phone is quite smooth but I did not install a lot of apps or play heavy games on it for the lack of the storage (4gb only with microsd slot) and limited 1gb RAM. Phone was rooted and google play was installed. Don't know if I can buy apps or not but no problem installing free apps. Overall quite satisfied with my 1st china phone (i had china tablets before) but the battery life could be better (average 1.5 days - which is not that good considering my usage pattern of minimal game playing and only light calls, 20 or so SMSs and some net surfing).

stanleyj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If xiaomi 3 really got LTE version I sure buy lol
you will probably have to wait for the singapore launch. if they want a shre of this market, they will have to offer, but not sure if pricing will change drastically.
when that happens........xiaomi will just be another choice on the shelves and may be disadvantaged.:s22:

Okane

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure what's the response will be. But there are users out there and i know the phones when available are snapped up quickly. Plus it's coming to sg.
A few issues...and tweaks as the software is not quite fully 'googled'. So some sharing here might help us all.

Bro u got it via xiaomi directly or through taobao? WCDMA version?

stanleyj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro u got it via xiaomi directly or through taobao? WCDMA version?

through an individual selling on line.......:)

managed only to get silver 16G version....confirm WCDMA, but must be patient with this phone......software is not international thus though you can get play store in.....still limited.

even with all these 'issues'......I like this phone.

keep my attention better than Nex 5.....hehehe

Okane

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
through an individual selling on line.......:)

managed only to get silver 16G version....confirm WCDMA, but must be patient with this phone......software is not international thus though you can get play store in.....still limited.

even with all these 'issues'......I like this phone.

keep my attention better than Nex 5.....hehehe

Bro check your PM thanks

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
N5 would be better than mi3 leh.

before there was N5, I was raving about mi3. but now is zzzzzzzzz liao.

stanleyj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
N5 would be better than mi3 leh.

before there was N5, I was raving about mi3. but now is zzzzzzzzz liao.

i was using N5 before I switch to Mi3. after i switch , I held on selling off my unit to see if I was used to it.
but I sold off my N5.
Yes, i agree, N5 is smooth no trouble, kit kat, fast, and all that.....but then for me at least......boring. hehe, but that's just me, i like the challenge of exotic imported phone.

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i was using N5 before I switch to Mi3. after i switch , I held on selling off my unit to see if I was used to it.
but I sold off my N5.
Yes, i agree, N5 is smooth no trouble, kit kat, fast, and all that.....but then for me at least......boring. hehe, but that's just me, i like the challenge of exotic imported phone.

With all things being equal, the N5 has LTE which mi3 doesn't. That's why i feel N5 edged over mi3.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.