Best Acne and Acne Scars treatment anyone?

niap05

Reaction score
I only use 2 ingredients.... pharmaceutical grade vitamin C powder (L-ascorbic acid) and Life brand distilled drinking water from ntuc....

some pple add in extra ingredients like vegetable glycerin, essential oils, rose water, etc....

buy small 30ml or 50ml dark color(usually amber or blue) glass bottle with either dropper cap, mist spray or treatment pump....

start out low... 5% vitamin C (1/4 teaspoon) with 95% water for about 1 or 2 week too....
if not much stinging feeling, then increase to 10% for 1 or 2 weeks too.....
later 15% and finally 20% max....

the serum is colorless one but when it oxidize, it will become yellowish or orange color, time to make fresh ones....
so usually make enough for 1 week can already..... store in fridge....

cheap and effective....

Any recommendations on where to get vitamins C powder from ? Thanks!

ahwei91

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations on where to get vitamins C powder from ? Thanks!

qoo10, iherb, amazon, etc....

any pharmaceutical grade vitamin C powder (L-ascorbic acid/ascorbic acid)....
100% pure one without other ingredients....
fine powder ones, do not buy crystals form....
read the buyers' comments to help you decide....

Last edited:

ahwei91

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
once u make u must put in fridge. can last maybe a month?

if your serum can last for a month, also means you are making too much.....

try to make fresh ones weekly, more potent and effective....
maybe 30ml, it's enough for whole face and neck for about 1 week even when I use it generously daily....

retxedwind

Master Member
Reaction score
how to get rid of blackhead on chest? i heard blackhead dont remove will turn to acne wor...

Reaction score
qoo10, iherb, amazon, etc....

any pharmaceutical grade vitamin C powder (L-ascorbic acid/ascorbic acid)....
100% pure one without other ingredients....
fine powder ones, do not buy crystals form....
read the buyers' comments to help you decide....

the funny thing is......ascorbic acid isn't ''real'' vitamin-C..........still got effect meh ?

like what effect leh ?

ahwei91

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the funny thing is......ascorbic acid isn't ''real'' vitamin-C..........still got effect meh ?

like what effect leh ?

Or you think applying lemon juice or orange juice on your face can give you real vitamin c??? Read that it is not effective cos the vitamin c concentration in fruit juice is too low, you will need at least 10% concentration to be effective..... Also the citric acid in juice can irritate your skin....

Applying vitamin c serum on skin is more effective than eating vitamin c foods.....

Ascorbic acid (same thing with or without L in front) is just one type of vitamin c.... there is a few other types of vitamin c too..... some is more mild and gentle on skin.....

Many commercial vitamin c serum products use ascorbic acid too cos it has higher antioxidants than other form of vitamin c....

As for the benefits of using vitamin c serum, google can tell you a lot more....

You need to try it to see the results yourself.... :s12::)

Last edited:

Sapphy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have been using Oxy5 for about a week.

Generally those normal pimples have been cleared up. (Which I am satisfied)

However, 4 cysts pimples have grown after using Oxy5. Should I continue or stop using Oxy5?

Cleanser I am using is
deTBMdT.jpg

Previous pimple cream I have used is
UtD2sfz.jpg

I wonder if I should use both products together, Oxy5 for cysts pimples and Tretinoin for normal pimples.

Use oxy 5 (benzoyl peroxide) in day time.
Use tretinoin on whole face at night thinly.

Tretinoin makes you more sunsensitive.

Sapphy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
then the multitudes of people online must be lying about Accutane...........

or maybe.......just maybe.......you're not aware.........

right. because everything you read online is accurate.

it can affect your liver rarely, but this is closely watched via blood tests. once you stop taking, any effects are reversible.

Sapphy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No la..they only know ask u eat antibodies..which no gd for liver..best us use correct facial wash..

haha actually its a few steps la.

if not too bad acne. they will ask you try topicals first : eg wash, cream etc.

if moderate then will recommend antibiotics.

so depends on your acne condition

Reaction score
i've used both cheap and rather expensive cleansers involving glycolic acid and AHA.......

but the best cleanser i've used so far is the Nubian Heritage African Black Soap (BODYWASH).......despite being a bodywash, it can be used on the face........

i've used the Nubian Heritage African Black Soap (bar soap) which was fantastic......clearing acne and fading scars.......exfoliate at the same time but i can't get the bar soap to work more than a few weeks (went bad)

then i used Alaffia African Black Soap (thick gel) and it was the best when it comes to cleansing and exfoliating.......blackheads gone after few days but it doesn't prevent or clear acne.........

now i use Nubian Heritage African Black Soap Bodywash which is giving me the same benefits as the bar soap.........cheap too.......SGD15 a bottle and will last up to 9 mths if not longer........

ahwei91

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
read that african black soap is very drying and not suppose to use it everyday.....

some pple skin become a lot oilier after using it....
some pple with normal skin kena acne breakout after using it....

Reaction score
read that african black soap is very drying and not suppose to use it everyday.....

some pple skin become a lot oilier after using it....
some pple with normal skin kena acne breakout after using it....

YOUR SKIN WILL ACCLIMATIZE TO IT AFTER 2-3 WEEKS.........

i'm using it 3x a day.........no problem with dryness.....

at 1st, the dryness is just in the 1st 2-3 hours.......becoz it cleanses so well, your skin is super squeaky clean..........the Nubian Heritage one is ok with enough shea butter so not so drying.........

Reaction score
Eh I am female and I suffer from hyper pigmentation from old scars. What is a fastest way to fix the spot hyper pigmentation?

Sent from Sony E6883 using GAGT

from what i've heard and read online (especially acne.org)........a lot of people reported good clearing of scars with Vitamin K cream........

i'm taking MSM (organic sulphur powder) (Jarrow Formulas or Source Naturals brand) and it works too........improves the skin texture as well and helping nails and hair grow faster........also great for joints and detoxing the liver........

if you find the Vitamin K cream too expensive, then try Grapeseed oil (Hobe Labs).......it's cheap and last a long time and can help subside even cystic acne........

you can get all 3 from iherb.......use my discount code (LOH347) to save USD5.......

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i've used both cheap and rather expensive cleansers involving glycolic acid and AHA.......

but the best cleanser i've used so far is the Nubian Heritage African Black Soap (BODYWASH).......despite being a bodywash, it can be used on the face........

i've used the Nubian Heritage African Black Soap (bar soap) which was fantastic......clearing acne and fading scars.......exfoliate at the same time but i can't get the bar soap to work more than a few weeks (went bad)

then i used Alaffia African Black Soap (thick gel) and it was the best when it comes to cleansing and exfoliating.......blackheads gone after few days but it doesn't prevent or clear acne.........

now i use Nubian Heritage African Black Soap Bodywash which is giving me the same benefits as the bar soap.........cheap too.......SGD15 a bottle and will last up to 9 mths if not longer........

If you are referring to this, there are reviews saying that the formula has changed.

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm I do have the rosehip plus 1% grapefruit oil from Watsons called by some esana rosehip brand. Maybe I should go back to using that

Let me check on vitamin k cream too.

from what i've heard and read online (especially acne.org)........a lot of people reported good clearing of scars with Vitamin K cream........

i'm taking MSM (organic sulphur powder) (Jarrow Formulas or Source Naturals brand) and it works too........improves the skin texture as well and helping nails and hair grow faster........also great for joints and detoxing the liver........

if you find the Vitamin K cream too expensive, then try Grapeseed oil (Hobe Labs).......it's cheap and last a long time and can help subside even cystic acne........

you can get all 3 from iherb.......use my discount code (LOH347) to save USD5.......

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.