The Denim Thread [Read the first few post before asking questions] - Part 1

evilgod08

Reaction score
My jeans are too long. But altering it will result in me losing the nice stitching. Is there any way around this ? Don't really like to fold the legs of the jeans

Melicious

Master Member
Reaction score
My jeans are too long. But altering it will result in me losing the nice stitching. Is there any way around this ? Don't really like to fold the legs of the jeans

chainstitching? tet has a chainstitch machine.

arcturuz

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Intend to get a pair of APC NC online. My first higher end raws.

Does APC NC fade relatively easier?

My true waist is 34. Intend to size down 2. Any comments?

Thanks!

get size 30 lor

benang91

Reaction score
APC & Unbranded Reviews

Hey there folks,

Give me some review and feedback on these 2 brands of jeans.

Personally had a Petit Standard A.P.C. 24" and they are f**king tough. Tested and proven for it's strength, but due to body building, my thights expanded and you know uh.... Some stuff on Unbranded alright?

Cheers!

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey there folks,

Give me some review and feedback on these 2 brands of jeans.

Personally had a Petit Standard A.P.C. 24" and they are f**king tough. Tested and proven for it's strength, but due to body building, my thights expanded and you know uh.... Some stuff on Unbranded alright?

Cheers!

we get what you mean. for me, personally i don't think unbranded quality is good. i rather get n&f or stick to apc. dont get PS can get other cutting.

bockscar

Reaction score
I recently got a pair of selvedge jeans: http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p1084_April-77-Records-Joey-Red-Selvedge-Raw.html

Anyone knows of any alteration services or a tailor that can alter the length while maintaining the inseam design?

800px-Selvagedenim.jpg

Last edited:

xtreamzz

Master Member
Reaction score
whats your height? personally i love april 77's inseam length. its slim and thus it stacks nicely. nudie's 32 is a tad too short for me.

kohkj88

Reaction score
Hey, I'm thinking getting the nudie grim tim dry red selvadge. But I'm not sure of the size fitting.

Size 30 fits nicely on me and its the outlook I want. But my concern is if it will stretch a lot and alter the appearance of it?

Size 29 seems too tight on my legs. Even if it stretches, I doubt it can give me the outlook of the size 30.

So what size should I get?

Thanks

Denimologist

Reaction score
Hey, I'm thinking getting the nudie grim tim dry red selvadge. But I'm not sure of the size fitting.

Size 30 fits nicely on me and its the outlook I want. But my concern is if it will stretch a lot and alter the appearance of it?

Size 29 seems too tight on my legs. Even if it stretches, I doubt it can give me the outlook of the size 30.

So what size should I get?

Thanks

Normally raw denim will stretch up to 2 inch. Its depend on the material also, for example 100% cotton perhaps it will stretch up to 1 inch, and if the materials are 98% cotton 2% elastane perhaps it will stretch up to 2 inch. Its also depend on where u gonna wear it, for example u wear it on ur hip, it gonna stretch more than u wear on ur waist. As i understand grim tim dry selvage is 100% cotton.

My advice is u shud get size 29( take note , make sure u can button and when u sit down ur zip doesnt go open) or else u have to get size 30 =)

COrrect me if im wrong guys!

Cheers! =D

Denimologist

Reaction score
hi guys.. which brand is more liked by you guys. naked & famous or nudies?

Its depend bro, Naked&Famous is a crazy ****. They do a lot of crazy denim such as reverse denim, 32OZ denim, glow in the dark denim and etc. However the fading and fitting not so great as nudie. Quality wise likely they are the same for the same weight(thats what i know) but when comes to colour. Nudie fade more beautifully and give more contrast. Nudie denim will fit everyone no matter whats ur size, weight, and height. Correct me if im wrong guys.

Cheers!! =D

xtreamzz

Master Member
Reaction score
if your jeans arent too tight to begin with it wont stretch much. if im size 25 and i get a size 35 doesnt mean it will die die stretch 2 sizes also. hope you get what i mean.

Denimologist

Reaction score
if your jeans arent too tight to begin with it wont stretch much. if im size 25 and i get a size 35 doesnt mean it will die die stretch 2 sizes also. hope you get what i mean.

Yeah i get what u mean, I'm giving him information based on his case which is tight in the beginning. Thanks for Noting that!! =D

Cheers!

kohkj88

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the reply so far :)

Does the grim tim dry red selvadge fades well? Does it fade as easy as the thin finn dry stretch given that its more of a slim tapered cut than a skinny cut.

s10026342

Reaction score
anybody willing to contribute pictures of their NICELY FADED denim for my blog? it's just a place to share with others our denim experience.. anyone?

s10026342

Reaction score
Its depend bro, Naked&Famous is a crazy ****. They do a lot of crazy denim such as reverse denim, 32OZ denim, glow in the dark denim and etc. However the fading and fitting not so great as nudie. Quality wise likely they are the same for the same weight(thats what i know) but when comes to colour. Nudie fade more beautifully and give more contrast. Nudie denim will fit everyone no matter whats ur size, weight, and height. Correct me if im wrong guys.

Cheers!! =D

nudies seem to be something that almost everyone has.. so much so that it's lost it's identity. hmm just my opinion

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.