The Hair Thread - Part 5

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2017, 11:40 PM   #31
Arch-Supremacy Member

Goblin hairstyle how to style anyone know
napsterz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2017, 11:58 PM   #32

Been awhile since I've last posted.. But recently bought a product from one of the local brands who homebrew their hair products. It's a clay product. And honestly found to be really good. Lightweight, tacky dry hold and can last in our weather. Using it interchangeably with my Morris TSB. Am gonna refrain from mentioning the brand and product here due to controversy from before. Anyone who wants to know can PM me ba.

Anyways been on the lookout for daily shampoos that clean the hair yet doesn't dry it out too much. So far the best I've used is mister pomp peppermint shampoo. A close second is label men purifying shampoo, which I got off lookfantastic sg. Please do request for them to seal cap before postage tho.. Kena spillage two times liao. If only mister pomp offered their shampoo in a larger bottle and priced it reasonably - prolly wouldn't have to look elsewhere. But anyone got any recommendations?

nichsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2017, 07:15 PM   #33

Hi,

Stocks available - Uevo Design Cube Dry Wax (Grey).
Do check out out on Carousell and Shopee - shop name is wedress2kill if you are interested.
Self collection available at Raffles Place and Woodlands
Normal postage and Smartpac options available too.

Last edited by J0ANN3; 21-09-2017 at 11:14 AM..
J0ANN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2017, 08:54 PM   #34

Any prestyler recommendation that give good hold and can be restyle?
I've tried SSS spray, nice volume but it doesn't hold very well through the day.

Tried mousse, same as SSS.
I've also tried mister pompadour sculting clay, it give me the best result but i'm looking to other alternative
foushi95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2017, 09:11 PM   #35

Been awhile since I've last posted.. But recently bought a product from one of the local brands who homebrew their hair products. It's a clay product. And honestly found to be really good. Lightweight, tacky dry hold and can last in our weather. Using it interchangeably with my Morris TSB. Am gonna refrain from mentioning the brand and product here due to controversy from before. Anyone who wants to know can PM me ba.

Anyways been on the lookout for daily shampoos that clean the hair yet doesn't dry it out too much. So far the best I've used is mister pomp peppermint shampoo. A close second is label men purifying shampoo, which I got off lookfantastic sg. Please do request for them to seal cap before postage tho.. Kena spillage two times liao. If only mister pomp offered their shampoo in a larger bottle and priced it reasonably - prolly wouldn't have to look elsewhere. But anyone got any recommendations?
Hmm i tried mr pomp shampoo and quite liked it. but my issue is that it contains SLS and ALS. so i am using one now bought from beauty language that is SLS and paraben free.

Am I being too particular about the presence of SLS in shampoos? does the presence of SLS really harm your hair? shampoo experts care to share your views? Cheers!
djoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2017, 09:17 PM   #36
Great Supremacy Member

I've tried SSS spray, nice volume but it doesn't hold very well through the day.

I've also tried mister pompadour sculting clay, it give me the best result but i'm looking to other alternative
u use sss only and expect it to last the day or u use it as a prestyler before your wax?

GX spent a considerable amount of time and effort to help me get a watch I ultimately wasn't able to because I was too slow. He did me a solid when he didn't have to, and I've never even met the guy.
gaoxing84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2017, 10:17 PM   #37
Master Member

You can consider giving Tai Hair Green Tea shampoo a try. The effects are really similar to peppermint/menthol shampoo, that gives the scalp a cool and refreshing feel. This is especially helpful after a day of work. Although it is 93% organic, it is not difficult to lather (usually organic products are harder to lather). The problem that I have with deep cleansers is that it dries out my hair too much. On the other hand, moisturizing shampoos can inevitably add weight to the hair and makes the styling process difficult. This, I got to say that Tai Hair Green Tea Shampoo strikes a good balance between both ends.

Just my 2cents, as I experienced great results with it so give it a try some day.
Old 18-09-2017, 10:21 PM   #38
Master Member

Goblin hairstyle how to style anyone know
It's more of the perm to get the shape right, than the products. If the shape and waviness is right, any decent product will set you onto the right path.
Old 18-09-2017, 10:28 PM   #39
Master Member

Typically, SSS is capable of providing hold for the hair up to 8 hours. And SSS does not fixtate the hair so restyling is definitely possible. All it does is to provide lift to the hair roots, and create a base structure to volumize the hair. If you find that the volume is dropping throughout the day, just a couple of scrunches to the hair will rebuild the desired volume again.

Mousse is typically lightweight as SSS too, but generally heavier. Although it volumizes too, it does more benefits for people with curls, especially ladies. It helps to enhances the curls at the hair ends and adds shine to the hair, as it consists ingredients of nourishing conditioners.

Other alternatives can be hair powder, but personally I find SSS and mousse more helpful and user friendly over hair powder.
Old 18-09-2017, 10:36 PM   #40
Arch-Supremacy Member

It's more of the perm to get the shape right, than the products. If the shape and waviness is right, any decent product will set you onto the right path.
Perm Liao so what product is best for that kind of look. I see the goblin hair like not much hold cos wind blow the hair still can move but if I don't put too much hold my hair whole strand stand up when wind blow
napsterz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2017, 09:24 AM   #41

hm im no shampoo expert but ive done a fair bit of research on shampoo (damn lifeless sia) so apparently sulfates harm your hair in a sense it deeply cleanses your hair, removing its natural oils and make it feel somewhat strawlike, but it is the most effective ingredient in completely cleansing your hair, which is exactly why it is the main ingredient in deep cleansing shampoos.

Hmm i tried mr pomp shampoo and quite liked it. but my issue is that it contains SLS and ALS. so i am using one now bought from beauty language that is SLS and paraben free.

Am I being too particular about the presence of SLS in shampoos? does the presence of SLS really harm your hair? shampoo experts care to share your views? Cheers!
Fizzable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2017, 04:27 PM   #42

u use sss only and expect it to last the day or u use it as a prestyler before your wax?
ref323 + MM
My hair are so lightweight, if I jump, I need to restyle

Last edited by foushi95; 19-09-2017 at 07:18 PM..
foushi95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2017, 08:14 PM   #43
Master Member

Not an expert either but wish to share my 2cents.

This is a highly debated issue for the longest time. SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulphate) is commonly found in many shampoos except for organic shampoo that are marketed to focus on being sulfate/sulphate free.

1. It is basically a surfactant and to understand how shampoo works to cleanse our hair, it is done via the "foam" that we lather.
2. The more foam there is, the stronger the cleansing power is and this relates to stronger detergent.
3. A strong detergent contains more surfactants and organic shampoos naturally lather less easily due to lesser surfactants. This doesn't mean that organic shampoo washes better or easier; in fact it don't.
4. SLS is not the only surfactants found in shampoos.

The fact is that SLS is a stronger surfactants as compared to gentler surfactants such as ammonium laureth sulfate (ALS) and sodium alkyl sulfate (SAS), which are also found in our shampoos. Hard truth is without these surfactants, it is not possible to wash our hair with shampoo because it simply dont lather.

So unless you're one who is having extremely sensitive scalp issue or worrying hair-related issues, SLS should not be at the top of your list. Do take some time to worry about DHT (dihydrotestosterone) instead. This is the one that is causing male pattern baldness.
djoker likes this.
Old 19-09-2017, 08:22 PM   #44
Master Member

Perm Liao so what product is best for that kind of look. I see the goblin hair like not much hold cos wind blow the hair still can move but if I don't put too much hold my hair whole strand stand up when wind blow
I would personally recommend to spend more time on choosing the right pre-styler instead of main styling product. Assuming that you've permed the hair, the volume isn't a problem to you now. But the dryness and the frizzy hair ends will be your worry instead.

1. Look out for moisturizing cream or hair mousse to enhance the shininess of the hair and bring out the curls at the hair ends. This is especially important because the success of such hairstyle lies on how healthy and shiny looking your hair is.

"Shiny" here doesn't mean oily. A radiant look relates better to the context here. Options to consider are Korial Moisturizing Cream.

2. After that, move on to the main styling product. Clay or wax will do fine. Specifically, i have to say again that any decent product will be fine. Personally, I would choose clay over wax as it helps to bunch up the hair strands better. Try twisting and pinching the hair strands, to hold it well together so that the desired hair shape can be brought out.

3. You may wish to finish off with a little bit of finishing hairspray (depending on how heavy and long your hair is).
Old 19-09-2017, 11:06 PM   #45

Not an expert either but wish to share my 2cents.

This is a highly debated issue for the longest time. SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulphate) is commonly found in many shampoos except for organic shampoo that are marketed to focus on being sulfate/sulphate free.

1. It is basically a surfactant and to understand how shampoo works to cleanse our hair, it is done via the "foam" that we lather.
2. The more foam there is, the stronger the cleansing power is and this relates to stronger detergent.
3. A strong detergent contains more surfactants and organic shampoos naturally lather less easily due to lesser surfactants. This doesn't mean that organic shampoo washes better or easier; in fact it don't.
4. SLS is not the only surfactants found in shampoos.

The fact is that SLS is a stronger surfactants as compared to gentler surfactants such as ammonium laureth sulfate (ALS) and sodium alkyl sulfate (SAS), which are also found in our shampoos. Hard truth is without these surfactants, it is not possible to wash our hair with shampoo because it simply dont lather.

So unless you're one who is having extremely sensitive scalp issue or worrying hair-related issues, SLS should not be at the top of your list. Do take some time to worry about DHT (dihydrotestosterone) instead. This is the one that is causing male pattern baldness.
cheers bro for your opinion.
djoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.