The Leather Thread

thesmallprint

Reaction score
What are good and affordable brands that offer leather selections?

Looking for a leather sling bag, are there any recommendation?

zackary

Reaction score
Anyone knows where I can buy A4 sized sheet of leather? I wanted to make a book cover similar to the Midiori Traveller's notebook for B5 size. I know Grand Leather sells a whole sheet but thats far too much for my needs. :s12:

I honestly think youll have a hard time finding a4 sized leathers! You can try your luck with some of the craftsman and see if they could sell some off to you

Elshan

Reaction score
Anyone happen to be selling 3-4sf of Horween chromexcel leather? Need it quite urgently so can't really ship from the states.

Thanks!

helanga

Reaction score
Just back from BKK and would like to share my purchases...:)

1st: visited my fav stall "Daeng Smith" at Chatuchak mkt

My purchase Natural leather belt & Small leaf Pocket Tomb embossed compact customer orders leather wallet.
Link to Daeng Smith FB: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Daeng-Smith/127131244104393

2nd: visited Ouu (Handcrafted By Myself) at Asiatique and this shop is selling good leather stuffs.

muhaha0712

Reaction score
anyone have a set of leather crafting kit which they are not using and wish to sell? Or is there any place where anyone can recommend me to get the necessary item required to build some simple stuff like wallet and card holder?

Geminian1970

Reaction score
I need some help. I bought the Krusell Smartphone Leather Case for my HTC One M8. The belt strap broke barely a week of normal usage because of the weak white cotton thread stitching. Does anyone know where to find a local leather craftsman to repair and strengthen it as it is not worth it to send it back to the manufacturer for a replacement because of a design flaw?

I thought of highlighting its design flaws via my own website http://www.worldofleathers.com but decided that seeking help in this forum would be a better alternative.

Last edited:

oystein

Reaction score
I am looking for Edge Kote, preferably Fiebings Light Brown. Is there anywhere in Singapore where I can get this?

Shipping fees on ebay tend to be 2x the price of the actual item. Please share any good sellers you might have.

If someone is doing a bulk order, I would love to get in on this.

Best,
Øystein

Malayan Traders

Reaction score
Malayan Traders

We have various leather for craft work

Full Vegetable : Belly , Bendsole , Double Butt
Cow : Polish , Patent , Napa , Softy .......
Buffalo : Vegetable , Nubuck , Crazyhorse ,Burnish ....
Sheep : Lining, Crust , .....

601 Sims Drive #06-07 Pan-I Complex S387382
Mon - Friday 10am-5PM ( BY appointment only )
67466141 - Mr Poh

CloverSac

Reaction score
Anyone can advise where to buy

Stamp for leather?
What type of stamp are there?
How much does it cost?

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Have some extra Saphir Renovateur to let go. PM if interested.

--Lipsu--

Reaction score
In conjunction with Tuckshop & Sundry Supplies, Obbi Good Label is also doing a Black Friday event.

oglbf14-01.jpg

scasi

Reaction score
A before and after pics of a bag I used for 4 years.... of course with smartphone technology hehehe
wpid-vintage-10-messenger-bag4-jpg.jpeg

10363989_1029310490428339_8352829040824747708_n.jpg

Last edited:

jweak15

Reaction score
Hi all,

Letting go my brand new vergez blanchard pricking irons. Size 10 , 2 and 4 teeth. Pm me or text me at 81808033 for more info!

zipper168

Reaction score
Anyone can advise where to buy

Stamp for leather?
What type of stamp are there?
How much does it cost?

Logo stamp for leather?

Try Taobao, cheap and good..

ÀÓÓ¡Í*Ä£_ÌÔ±¦ËÑË÷

Personally tried this seller myself, made a few logo stamps to make it worthwhile shipping from China..
¶©×ö£ºµçÀÓÌúÀÓÓ¡Í*Ä£¡¢Í*Õ¡¢Ó¡Õ£¨LOGOÉ̱êßéÍ·/DIYÄ£/Ƥ¾ßÄ£-ÌÔ±¦Íø.
Quality not bad, just need to provide your own drawings in JPG file, specify the diameter of the threaded rod if you need it (depending on the soldering iron you have). Seller a bit slow in response as I guess he is cutting the stamps himself.

I got myself a 100w soldering iron
°üÓÊ ´ó¹¦ÂʵçÀÓÌú 80W100W150W200W300W άÐÞº¸½ÓÌúƤˮÏä¹ã¸æÅÆ-ÌÔ±¦Íø,
the matching threaded rod was 8mm.. refer to the chart here...
ÍâÈÈʽËܱúľ±úµçÀÓÌúÍ· ×ÏÍ*ºÏ½ð300w200w150w100w80w60w³¬Ä;Ã-ÌÔ±¦Íø

Good luck.

shoeman

Reaction score
I honestly think youll have a hard time finding a4 sized leathers! You can try your luck with some of the craftsman and see if they could sell some off to you
Grand leather Enterprise can sell you a4 sized leather.pls contact Mr. Ong .He now
now understand your situation in order to encourage to start the leathercraft hobby.

Darkangle2

Master Member
Reaction score
If anyone interested to buy smaller sized leathers, I can help you talk to my friend. He's a leather craftsman, good buddy of mine so can nego and ask him to sell a small piece for another aspiring leather craft hobbyist!

Drop me a whatsapp @ 96979898

Cheers
Aston

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.