My wallet from OGL :)

New:

8275B5ACAA2C450F.jpg

After 4 months, not frequent use:

26032011110.jpg

kingkongpingpong

Master Member
Reaction score
wow james some very useful information there.. thanks for sharing these info with us. will look forward to more of these impromptu classes!

kingkongpingpong

Master Member
Reaction score
R1003159.jpg

R1003160.jpg

R1003162.jpg

R1003163.jpg

R1003164.jpg

R1003166.jpg

R1003167.jpg

A couple of months back, I was presented with the glorious opportunity to work on a custom leather piece together with OGL, a local leather artisan in Singapore. Started together by long time friends, Johnny Low and James Dung, OGL has their own cult following all across Europe as well as many parts of the world. James and I were acquainted through a denim forum, where I found out that he was Singaporean and got to know more about his craft. I also met Johnny along the way, another avid denim lover, through a local board where he had a thread about leather.

On February 27, I made a trip down to their leather workshop to meet up with Johnny for the first time, as I was due for a visit to their as of yet to be opened leather workshop and also to pass him a procurement. There, I met James whom I didn't know, who was back in Singapore for a short period of time from Bordeaux, France, where he is largely based. We got acquainted in real life and we spoke about a variety of topics ranging from predominantly denim, to the forums and boards we participated in. I was also fortunate enough to be given to a first glimpse and a tour of the studio. Most generously, I was schooled on the various types of leather, their uses as well as maintainence and tools of the trade.

Having read about OGL previously, I knew that they had a lot of experience with customs and collaborations. Halfway into the converation, Johnny raised the possibility of a collaboration with me for a leather product. Initially I thought it was a joke, since I had practically no knowledge in leather or the design of leather goods. However, egged on by Johnny who was in every bit serious, as he encouraged me to design a product that I would use, I dived into the design of the prototype for something i decided on - a wallet.

While OGL was very well versed in a lot of Native, Workwear as well as contemporary styles, I thought that it would be fun to do something different. The concept of this wallet was inspired from 4 different styles - The standard gentleman's bifold, a basic money clip system, an easy access coin compartment as well as the concept of security. As I gave thought to a couple of variations, of which one of them eventually reminded me of the standard key pouch, through a stroke of luck I managed to come up with a design that integrated the 4 different systems I had in mind.

The following week, I met up with Johnny and discussed how it would look like. While my initial sketches were very raw, Johnny provided the expertise of his knowledge and he further refined the product to increase the functionality of it and the feasibility of it being created.The standard bifold I wanted it to turn into a trifold instead, merged very well with the placement of the money clip and the easy access coin compartment was well, easy to access. The addition of the strap to hold the trifold in place when closed was an essential that I wanted to keep because of the ingenuity of the concept and the functionality of it, even though I was warned that it would be a little inconvenient to access the notes, which was exactly what I wanted. I was also given the leather options available and it was lovely that I had the opportunity to work with predominantly lambskin as well as cowhide for this.

On March 15, the product finally came to fruition as it was finally completed. Due to other commitments, I was only able to view the final product in person a week later, as it was presented to me by Johnny. I was pleasantly surprised to finally see it in flesh as the finalised product didn't deviate from what I originally had in mind. In addition, there were also very nice and subtle additions such as the hidden buttons for the coin compartment, which would produce a beautiful patina with age, as I would imagine.

Overall I would say that I am more than satisfied with what I have received and am honoured that it will be a mainstay which will be available for purchase on the OGL website. I would like to sincerely thank Johnny and James for the opportunity that they have provided me with, as well as the knowledge that they passed on to me in the process. Special thanks go to Johnny for his labour in the execution of this wallet.

finally, you can of course make a purchase here and view more of OGL's other products on their website.

Last edited:

--Lipsu--

Reaction score
My wallet from OGL :)

Nice evo, fire :)
Thanks for showing, please continue checking its progress. Look like full of potential.

R1003159.jpg

finally, you can of course make a purchase here and view more of OGL's other products on their website.

It is a nice and truly memorable story, KINGKONGPINGPONG! (I b***dy love this name, LOL)

I post it on my site, hor?

Although, I'm back in France now, but I really enjoyed your presence at the store, talking cock and joking about life and such :)
Ranon is surely a cool guy who knows his stuff.

kingkongpingpong

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for showing, please continue checking its progress. Look like full of potential.

It is a nice and truly memorable story, KINGKONGPINGPONG! (I b***dy love this name, LOL)

I post it on my site, hor?

Although, I'm back in France now, but I really enjoyed your presence at the store, talking cock and joking about life and such :)
Ranon is surely a cool guy who knows his stuff.

** my forum names "ranonranonarat" "kingkongpingpong" always kenna laughed at by my friends and colleagues. LOL.

no prob bro post up at your site!

james is a cool guy who knows his stuff more than me. thank you and johnny and fabian for schooling me on leather. haha.

fire

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

no problem... it's too bulky for my daily office use, so I use as my travel wallet :D

only did minking and a bit of sun-tanning when i received it...recently mink again to remove some indigo stain followed by obenauf LP...

ITretard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sneak Preview - NT Black Bow Bag

BOW%2BBag%2B06.JPG

BOW%2BBag%2B08.JPG

BOW%2BBag%2B09.JPG

A sling bag, using soft black cowhide leathers, with nylon straps and a big iconic concho for styling. Zipper closure, able to store most of everyone's EDC.
A great storage material for bicyclist. Easily accessible and tough to withstand weather and time.

Coming soon!

FCKING DOPE! :love: but i believe its gonna be pricey..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.