HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Men's Formal Work Bag Recommendation

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2015, 11:41 AM   #16
Arch-Supremacy Member

can try http://www.linjer.co/collections/shop.
looks good..
This one the workmanship and material look good but design a bit out-dated.

I have a hard time when come to buying working bag. Most of the design are very ah peh and too boring to carry them.

That day I saw one nice design at Robinson Heeran but cannot remember the brand. At least some trendy design.
TUV2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2015, 12:00 PM   #17
High Supremacy Member

Can check out Suitsupply.

http://apac.suitsupply.com/en/bags

They have a branch at ION orchard.
Old 30-03-2015, 01:14 PM   #18
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can check out Suitsupply.

http://apac.suitsupply.com/en/bags

They have a branch at ION orchard.
This one not bad.. Thank you for sharing... even the shoes also look good. Will go to Ion to see.
Old 30-03-2015, 02:05 PM   #19
Supremacy Member

Bally is value for $$... esp at the price point, you get a lot of good leather.
fabiaN__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2015, 02:21 PM   #20
Arch-Supremacy Member

Bally is value for $$... esp at the price point, you get a lot of good leather.
I know... but some how the design of those brands are a bit out-dated and too conservative. I dun need anything that is too loud but also not a bag that looks like the one my father's generation used to carry many years back.
Old 30-03-2015, 02:47 PM   #21
Master Member

I know... but some how the design of those brands are a bit out-dated and too conservative. I dun need anything that is too loud but also not a bag that looks like the one my father's generation used to carry many years back.
MTM for u sir?

https://www.facebook.com/obbigoodlab...82591705100218

jonleelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2015, 02:55 PM   #22
Supremacy Member

I don't know leh... but I don't think my Dad's generation got design like the Bally Tajest briefcase... haha.

Personally, I seldom carry a bag to work... but in terms of leather, I think Braun Buffel, Prada, BV and Bally are pretty good.. construction-wise, I think Tumi is just as durable...
fabiaN__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2015, 11:15 PM   #23
High Supremacy Member

I don't know leh... but I don't think my Dad's generation got design like the Bally Tajest briefcase... haha.

Personally, I seldom carry a bag to work... but in terms of leather, I think Braun Buffel, Prada, BV and Bally are pretty good.. construction-wise, I think Tumi is just as durable...
Bv leather bags damn exp leh

I realli dun noe how much goes into the leather

Reali so gd? Worth it? Can last for eternity? Lol
ahboy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2015, 11:30 PM   #24
Master Member

HOMAI SO PRETTY. Any idea what that would cost?

darthsid11111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2015, 10:19 PM   #25
Arch-Supremacy Member

Have been introduced to this shop thought not bad...

http://www.herz-bag.jp/webshop/products/list5.html
Old 31-03-2015, 10:20 PM   #26
Supremacy Member

If u r a guy who appreciates quality and value for money, then I recommend Basader. Full grain leather from US tanneries, handmade in NYC, customizable.
These kind of artisan/boutique leather bags are designed to last generations.
Like another bro who has already pointed out, Braun buffel uses lower quality materials, smaller pieces of leather joined together instead of one solid piece. Not to knock BB though, I'm sure their stitching and workmanship is top-notch.
JoePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2015, 10:39 PM   #27
Arch-Supremacy Member

If u r a guy who appreciates quality and value for money, then I recommend Basader. Full grain leather from US tanneries, handmade in NYC, customizable.
Like another bro who has already pointed out, Braun buffel uses lower quality materials, smaller pieces of leather joined together instead of one solid piece. Not to knock BB though, I'm sure their stitching and workmanship is top-notch.
Thank you ... Just check their site, looks good material and workmanship but design is not my taste.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:31 PM   #28

Hi Guys, I'm looking to get a new men's work bag and would appreciate some recommendations.

My last 2 work bags were from Pedro and they were not very durable.
Probably couldn't last for even a year.

Anyone here using Braun Buffel Leather bags ? Would appreciate some feedback on them.

All other recommendations would be appreciated as well. Preferably leather bags . Budget is max about $300 ~ . I know braun buffel is well in the range of $500 and above and I'm willing to stretch my budget to that amount if its really good quality.

Thanks !
Bb is around $700.
For quality leather, consider Prada /Zegna bags
I own 1 zegna, cost $2k but the leather is top notch. Prada is even more exp ard $3.2k. Hope that helps.
darren89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 11:51 PM   #29
Master Member

Bb is around $700.
For quality leather, consider Prada /Zegna bags
I own 1 zegna, cost $2k but the leather is top notch. Prada is even more exp ard $3.2k. Hope that helps.
As mentioned by JoePilot if you look hard enough you can get good quality without having to pay for branding.

Thank you ... Just check their site, looks good material and workmanship but design is not my taste.
Based on your posts it would seem like you would be better off looking for fashion brands instead. Classic designs don't seem to suit your taste.

darthsid11111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 01:37 PM   #30

Thanks guys for all the recommendations !

The max I can stretch my budget will be to $400-$500 .

Appreciate all the suggestions !

Have a good and very blessed long weekend !
bbqbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.