HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Official LV Community Thread - Part 1

Like Tree286Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2011, 06:01 PM   #31

Anyone know the price of damier canvas pochette plate brooklyn in sg?

Thanks!

Call LV Customer Service hotline and you should know the updated price.
Kenneth C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 09:26 PM   #32
Master Member

A beautiful wallet is supposed to be used... The thing is, the more U are scared of using it, the more heart pain U will feel should something go wrong with it.. Then again, what could go wrong.

1. scratches.. Taiga leather is quite durable, next only to epi (IMO). both my taiga belts leather is still ok... I actually bought one of them, a seasonal belt from the spring/summer 2010.. is still in good condition.. no scratches.. my small little pochette for keys and wallet in polarie is also fine. Me just dump it in a plastic bag.. full of stuff... no scratches..
However, U still need to do some conditioning and maintenance, once in a while.

2. stains... protect it with water and stain repellent e.g. apple guarde. it leaves a slight shine on the leather. (this is up to U.. I use it, does not mean U should too... )

3. deformation... Har.. this one is common sense.. Just dont put any wallet in your back pocket.. Period. U might regret it on the long run

Just a thought
Oh thanks for you value suggestions. I am glad to hear the taiga leather is very durable. Apple guarde sounds like a good idea but prolonged usage is it good for the leather? Will cause the colour to change/fade or sth?
Helbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 10:34 PM   #33
Supremacy Member

guys wonder if the leather trims on mono bags are durable?
Old 14-01-2011, 09:07 AM   #34

Oh thanks for you value suggestions. I am glad to hear the taiga leather is very durable. Apple guarde sounds like a good idea but prolonged usage is it good for the leather? Will cause the colour to change/fade or sth?
A very good question. All my bags are coated with apple guarde. So far so good...

Please note that my bags are not that old, less than 2 years... So I cannot vouch on the chug colour or fading that might occur. But, after writing that, I also realize that leather and canvas will over time get faded.. Especially canvas.. So no diff right? Leather, if unconditioned and maintained will also discolor, mould, etc..etc...over time, especially in our climate... I guess prevention is better than cure. Please note that the above is just my opinion, I might be wrong!

However, my epi leather kychain exudes a nice shine that is still there after more than 1 year

Just a thought
Old 14-01-2011, 09:10 AM   #35

guys wonder if the leather trims on mono bags are durable?
I think they are. But vachetta ( monogram leather trims) are succeptible to stains, discoloration, etc.... Just need a little precaution and lots of love. According to the SAs that I ask about the discolouration, they all told me that the stains, etc are marks of the journey of life with your beloved LV. Har har
Old 15-01-2011, 09:57 AM   #36
Supremacy Member

merf, my friend is gg to europe, which part of it i not sure. should i just ask him to help me buy LV?

IHerb: FCW173 for $10 off on 1st iHerb order -- > cheap food items
--------------------------------------------------------------

Selling

Unbuilt gundams - all must go

http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com...835826-24.html
rookierocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2011, 05:00 PM   #37

merf, my friend is gg to europe, which part of it i not sure. should i just ask him to help me buy LV?
Hi

I asked Merf a similar question before I went to Germany in Nov 2010. I am glad that I bought my Damier Graphite iCare when I was in Germany. Managed to get tax claim and much lower than Sg price. Heard that iCare Damier Graphite is out of stock in Sg.
So, should consider asking your friend to help you get your fav. piece.

Cheers.
Kenneth C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2011, 10:48 PM   #38
Master Member

whr can buy Apple guarde???
13thngell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2011, 11:14 PM   #39

Call LV Customer Service hotline and you should know the updated price.
hee!! I like that answer.. Should we all give that answer whenever anyone asks for price of any LV stuff??

Just a thought
Old 16-01-2011, 10:19 AM   #40

I m thinking to buy a taiga wallet, considering between Billfold with 6 card slots, Billfold with 3 flaps and Multiple wallet.
Which one is more worth for money? need some advise from the brother here.
alexwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 11:10 AM   #41
Arch-Supremacy Member

A very good question. All my bags are coated with apple guarde. So far so good...

Please note that my bags are not that old, less than 2 years... So I cannot vouch on the chug colour or fading that might occur. But, after writing that, I also realize that leather and canvas will over time get faded.. Especially canvas.. So no diff right? Leather, if unconditioned and maintained will also discolor, mould, etc..etc...over time, especially in our climate... I guess prevention is better than cure. Please note that the above is just my opinion, I might be wrong!

However, my epi leather kychain exudes a nice shine that is still there after more than 1 year

Just a thought
yup, canvas will start to discolour over some time or due to harsh usage i guess? ever saw a damier ebene multiple turning green

yes, def much cheaper still, and like wad kennethc mentioned, hyou even be able to get those items that are already sold out in SG.

whr can buy Apple guarde???
apple garde products can be purchased from here or here.

I m thinking to buy a taiga wallet, considering between Billfold with 6 card slots, Billfold with 3 flaps and Multiple wallet.
Which one is more worth for money? need some advise from the brother here.
eh cant advise you which 1 more worth it bah? depends on your budget and needs for the nos. of card slots etc? overall, taiga wallets are rather durable if you also take care of them. evets had one for erm 7yrs i think?
Old 18-01-2011, 04:51 PM   #42

eh cant advise you which 1 more worth it bah? depends on your budget and needs for the nos. of card slots etc? overall, taiga wallets are rather durable if you also take care of them. evets had one for erm 7yrs i think?
thanks for ur input,MeRfMeRf.
any bro using taiga billfold with 3 flaps? will it very "thick"?
out of curiousity, the taiga multiple only got 3 credit card slots and 2 slots on other site,but it is more expensive than taiga billfold with 6 credit card slots? don't u guy think that 3 credit cards are too few?
Old 18-01-2011, 06:59 PM   #43

hello friends!

It's been a long time. Have been busy as usual, hope everyone's healthy and having a good start to the year.

Nothing's really caught my attention from LV recently and I've been looking at watches instead (Bell & Ross BR 126 Vintage in particular), but I've a chance to get a bag from France and was thinking about this:

What do you guys reckon? I'll use it for my mac. It has a much slimmer profile compared to the icare (which I've fallen out of favour of). But apart from carrying a laptop I'm not sure if I can use it for much else. Debating between this and a keepall 45, a classic which I've yet to purchase. Would like to hear some views!

PS: Louis Vuitton Menswear FW 2011/2012 this thursday, 20th Jan

(I'm new to watches, so I'm not sure where B&R stands on the horological ladder but I'm really loving the simple look of this new collection of theirs)
cruciate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2011, 10:34 PM   #44
Arch-Supremacy Member

thanks for ur input,MeRfMeRf.
any bro using taiga billfold with 3 flaps? will it very "thick"?
out of curiousity, the taiga multiple only got 3 credit card slots and 2 slots on other site,but it is more expensive than taiga billfold with 6 credit card slots? don't u guy think that 3 credit cards are too few?
right now ish rather thick already, after putting in the cards will lagi be even thicker.

the multiple cost more as it has more compartments overall with 2 bill-fold slots, 5 card slots and 2 receipt slots iirc.

Multiple

Billfold

hello friends!

It's been a long time. Have been busy as usual, hope everyone's healthy and having a good start to the year.

Nothing's really caught my attention from LV recently and I've been looking at watches instead (Bell & Ross BR 126 Vintage in particular), but I've a chance to get a bag from France and was thinking about this:

What do you guys reckon? I'll use it for my mac. It has a much slimmer profile compared to the icare (which I've fallen out of favour of). But apart from carrying a laptop I'm not sure if I can use it for much else. Debating between this and a keepall 45, a classic which I've yet to purchase. Would like to hear some views!

PS: Louis Vuitton Menswear FW 2011/2012 this thursday, 20th Jan

(I'm new to watches, so I'm not sure where B&R stands on the horological ladder but I'm really loving the simple look of this new collection of theirs)
hihi loctor cruciate! how are the miss Cs in chiu ward?

hahahaha! anyway imho, the steeve ish too rigid and formal, if ya wearing semi casual or casual, this bag will look kinda out of place. ish more suited for those who wear suits to work

Last edited by MeRfMeRf; 19-01-2011 at 11:07 AM..
MeRfMeRf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2011, 10:35 AM   #45

right now ish rather thick already, after putting in the cards will lagi be even thicker.

the multiple cost more as it has more compartments overall with 2
Hi MeRfMeRf, can i check with you that how many credit cards/cards can put in the Taiga Multiple?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.