Red Wing shoe Thread

cowculator

Master Member
Reaction score
It means that if you are a true 8.5, a Red Wing in 7.5 is likely to fit you cos they do run a little large.

In truth, it is very hard, even for a professional to tell you over the phone how a shoe should fit. It is your onus to go down to the store and let them measure you, rather than to make a phone call. I've found them to be helpful and thorough in getting the right size for you.

rigerro

Master Member
Reaction score
It means that if you are a true 8.5, a Red Wing in 7.5 is likely to fit you cos they do run a little large.

In truth, it is very hard, even for a professional to tell you over the phone how a shoe should fit. It is your onus to go down to the store and let them measure you, rather than to make a phone call. I've found them to be helpful and thorough in getting the right size for you.

Thanks Cow!

But paiseh leh. Price too steep still go down try try then dun buy..

Wait for new year and pay with all my ang pow money also not enuff :o

cowculator

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks Cow!

But paiseh leh. Price too steep still go down try try then dun buy..

Wait for new year and pay with all my ang pow money also not enuff :o

Which model are you looking at?

Another thing you can do is to buy online, which would be cheaper but if you get the wrong size, then LL, cos shipping to and fro will add up to the same as or more than getting from the store.

I got my first one from the store eventually and I got another 1 online after I got my sizing right. I think that initial premium paid at the store is worth the while because:

1) I got my size correctly, which can be tricky depending on not just your feet size, but also your preference of the shoe fit, socks you usually wear etc

2) I can simply walk in anytime to ask care and maintenance advice. I even heard my friend say that depending on his mood and how busy the owner is, he sometimes offer to help you clean off scuffs, polish a little, if you have the shoes with you to the shop but obviously I think must be quite a regular customer.

3) He can help to assist or direct you with future repairs.

If you feel paiseh, that maybe ask a friend to go with you rather than go alone like a man on a mission. Or else wait til you save enough then go and buy.

Although the worksmanship has gone slightly down over the years, the leather and overall quality of the shoes are still pretty good and can last you a long time. If you intend to use it often enough, then you may want to get one. If just for the sake of owning one or infrequent use, then better not, especially if money is a big issue for you.

rigerro

Master Member
Reaction score
Want to get 875 if have enuff moolah. Very nice boots. Almost 500 bucks :eek:
Seen a lot of pretenders from other brands. Oranginal still better.

Online shopping always got risk of getting screwed la. So best is save up, pay more and get from the shop. Aiya, either way is kena screwed la. But pay for aftersales service just in case you know..

I will only walk into the shop if i have buying power. Then i bring a suitcase of $2 bills like drug dealing nigga

softdisk

Reaction score
Want to get 875 if have enuff moolah. Very nice boots. Almost 500 bucks :eek:
Seen a lot of pretenders from other brands. Oranginal still better.

Online shopping always got risk of getting screwed la. So best is save up, pay more and get from the shop. Aiya, either way is kena screwed la. But pay for aftersales service just in case you know..

I will only walk into the shop if i have buying power. Then i bring a suitcase of $2 bills like drug dealing nigga

875 cost S$458. I think you should walk into the shop and try out the shoes even you're not buying. They have very nice and friendly salesman (eddie is the one I met) in Suntec. I have always thought of getting it but decided to get it after trying out the first time. :)

Bloodbro32

Master Member
Reaction score
not limited edition. you know heeren got a shop selling all the leather stuff?
They sell red wing too. they selling the grey red wing too, i just saw it on last weekend :D

Bloodbro32

Master Member
Reaction score
red-wing-concepts-boots-1.jpg

Red wing concepts also very nice but singapore cannot get it. :(

rigerro

Master Member
Reaction score
finally took the plunge on mon.
just bought a 875 with this month's bonus. ya, $458
got a US sz 7, E2 width. fits perfect. a bit heavy, need some getting used to.
v nice shoes but cheap fugly laces

Bloodbro32

Master Member
Reaction score
finally took the plunge on mon.
just bought a 875 with this month's bonus. ya, $458
got a US sz 7, E2 width. fits perfect. a bit heavy, need some getting used to.
v nice shoes but cheap fugly laces

what color you bought? :D

rigerro

Master Member
Reaction score
light brown :s7:
goes with my complexion heh
i'll look out for nicer laces tho
wun wear them just yet so i can hug them to sleep :s13:

Bloodbro32

Master Member
Reaction score
shoe laces not bad ma, maybe u go back to red wing and buy a set of 100 year red wing laces. that set look better. :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.