Red Wing shoe Thread

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi friends,

Happy weekend.

Do any of you know where to get RW Leather Cream?

https://www.redwingshoes.com/accessories/care-products/Leather-Cream-97095.html

Dropped by their outlet at Somerset hut they would not be restocking the product at least till May.

Thanks in advance.

If you only want the specific brand, your only possible option could be The Denim Shop and OGL liao. If both also don't have, I doubt a 4th outlet will have them. It is how small the leather and denim market is in Singapore... :(

bobbybz

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've a 03 3112 oxford. My sole is coming off and wondering where can I send for resole. I'm looking for the original chukka type sole with the red Redwing logo type as the vibram sole thicker but soft. I've read the thread and read that Shukey have mix reviews.

bobbybz

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've a 03 3112 oxford. My sole is coming off and wondering where can I send for resole. I'm looking for the original chukka type sole with the red Redwing logo type as the vibram sole thicker but soft. I've read the thread and read that Shukey have mix reviews.
To those who needs to resole, you can send your shoes to red wing itself and get a resole. Price for mine with atlas sole is $115. Do expect turn around time to be slightly long.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To those who needs to resole, you can send your shoes to red wing itself and get a resole. Price for mine with atlas sole is $115. Do expect turn around time to be slightly long.
Did they tell you who or where they send to resole? If its shukey, then i will save the money dont do liao.
I saw on facebook this shop "Shoe Clinic". They seem to do resoling for quite a variation of sneakers to boots. Quality wise I dont know lor. Google maps review is a mixed of positive and negative

FrogGreen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how did your resole turn out ? mind sharing some pics??

Rong626

Reaction score
In theory, distilled vinegar mixed with water should kill the spores. Then let dry for few hours and use mink oil to condition

XcoVar

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My pair have been sitting in the cabinet for years. These are already 10 yrs old. Just brought them out of hibernation, gave it some cleaning and slapped on a layer of mink oil.
Screenshot_20230521_031725_Gallery.jpg

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My pair have been sitting in the cabinet for years. These are already 10 yrs old. Just brought them out of hibernation, gave it some cleaning and slapped on a layer of mink oil.
Screenshot_20230521_031725_Gallery.jpg
How do you maintain your 875 so well mint? Mine the tongue is torn already, age is about same as yours. Haven't resole it also. Thinking when the sole really reach the limit already, I will find someone to customize it to low cut so the torn tongue can be cut off. Else may just buy 8875 to replace. Beside 875, I have a 10yo 8165, and 4yo 8106

XcoVar

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Too many shoes for rotation thus not wearing it often. I'm trying to get rid of the brown spots, not sure what it is.

majal_kata

Reaction score
Lpgwq3o.jpeg

lmHHSb4.jpeg

ibM9ZCT.jpeg

Hi, I have been wearing my redwing 9045 for 8 years and wondering if there are any recommendations to restore this pair.

I have bought another pair so thinking of what can I do with this old pair. Thanks.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lpgwq3o.jpeg

lmHHSb4.jpeg

ibM9ZCT.jpeg

Hi, I have been wearing my redwing 9045 for 8 years and wondering if there are any recommendations to restore this pair.

I have bought another pair so thinking of what can I do with this old pair. Thanks.
The back looks pretty worn in. You may consider Classified footwear. The price isn't going to be cheap, probably half the price of a new pair? But Klingsmen can make your shoes go wild with ideas. Since you bought another pair already, it may sound not worth fixing unless the new pair is a completely different model.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.