The Sneakers/Shoe Thread - Part 2

chickenbackside

Reaction score
*DING DONG*

DHL man at the door, on boxing day? Could it be?

Yes it is. The Buttero tannin low's have arrived. I ordered them some time around 2am on the 23rd Dec, and they have arrived on the 26th Dec at 4:30pm. Talk about quick.

Ohh, the box with my name on it.

Getting exciting

Waiting to get out after being stuck inside from Italy

And it's out

Brown paper is all I see

Before anything, they tell you how to return the shoes if you're not happy

I can see shoes

And they're out

chickenbackside

Reaction score
Interesting detail on the tongue

The soles look very very familiar!

And they're finally on my feet, with perfect fit no less

Quality wise, I'd say they're the same level as Lanvin's. They look much more subtle than pictures on the internet in real life. But that's the way I like them.

Overall, I'm pretty happy.

Paid 240 Euros for them, with free shipping. Not GST incurred as they're less than S$400.

Last edited:

BigAssGun

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Interesting detail on the tongue

The soles look very very familiar!

And they're finally on my feet, with perfect fit no less

Quality wise, I'd say they're the same level as Lanvin's. They look much more subtle than pictures on the internet in real life. But that's the way I like them.

Overall, I'm pretty happy.

Paid 240 Euros for them, with free shipping. Not GST incurred as they're less than S$400.

very nice pair of sneakers~! :s34:

xeonboy

Banned
Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone knows where in SG got sell Zumba Z-Kickz shoes?
Or just Zumba shoes in general.

Tks!

odin2ken

Reaction score
Just got my burger ..........eat eat eat!!!

20141229_123500_zps40735e3b.jpg

23-04-2014_saucony_end_shadow5000_burger2_zpsec596e5e.jpg

23-04-2014_saucony_end_shadow5000_burger5_zpsddc7a0a2.jpg

ITretard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any where to buy nike shoes? Can't find those in nike outlets or limited edt or leftfoot leh.

chickenbackside

Reaction score
The Feit sneakers just came. On New Year's Eve, of all days. They took a while to get here.

What's in the box?

Another box!

These fancy shoe boxes

They slide open

I see shoes...

Everything in the box

They don't disappoint

Fancy back stitching

Mr Elf

Reaction score
Wow nice pair of Feit shoes.

Total damage within SGD550 inclusive of shipping to SG?

chickenbackside

Reaction score
Wow nice pair of Feit shoes.

Total damage within SGD550 inclusive of shipping to SG?
Thanks!

I was charged US$485.72 on my credit card. So, they should end up to be slightly above S$600.

I just brought them to my cobbler, and it's possible to topy the soles as they are made of leather. That's great as this will dramatically increase the life of the shoes...

striker22

Reaction score
CBS, between the Lanvins, Butteros or FEIT which do u think would be a better purchase?

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
better wear some socks while you season that pair of sneaks. And got to take good care, seem like quite easily dirtied or stained.

chickenbackside

Reaction score
CBS, between the Lanvins, Butteros or FEIT which do u think would be a better purchase?
Really depends on your taste.

In terms of quality, I would put the Lanvin's and Buttero's at the same level. Only thing is that the patent leather on the Lanvin's are pretty fragile. But patent leather parts makes them look flashy. And Lanvin's would be easily recognisable, if you're into that type of thing (nothing wrong with being vain, I am!).

The Buttero's are much more subdued in terms of looks. The leather is thick and it looks like they will outlast the soles. Although they're thick, they're not uncomfortable. I have been wearing them sockless with no issues. Maybe a bit stiff, but they will soften. The day I wore them out for the first time, I received 2 compliments, one from a complete stranger (guy in restaurant who's wife wanted him to buy a pair, which shows women look at your shoes, haha) and my 9 year old niece who said "your shoes are very nice, they look like my converse but dunno why so nice".

The Feit's I would say are slightly above in terms of construction. The leather is softer, overall quality just feels a notch higher. The first time you slip them on, you already know they're going to be your favourite pair of sneakers. They're just super comfy. An added bonus is, because the soles are made of leather, you can apply a topy on them making them last indefinitely (with proper maintenance of course), which makes them pretty cheap shoes! My cobbler just ordered white Vibram sole protectors for me. Once they're installed, I'll post pics again.

chickenbackside

Reaction score
better wear some socks while you season that pair of sneaks. And got to take good care, seem like quite easily dirtied or stained.
Feit actually recommends people to wear them sockless. I'm mostly sockless, but use foot powder.

I'm a bit OCD about the cleanliness of my shoes, so it shouldn't be hard maintaining them. I scrub my rubber soled shoes from time to time with toothpaste to maintain the whiteness. I'll also spray some leather protector before I start wearing them.

striker22

Reaction score
Tks for ur insights. I normally dun like black. But your butteros look money. I doubt i will ever make the leap to FEIT, that price point is too high for my threshold for sneakers. I always wear my sneakers with no show socks.

My butteros are suede but also feels substantial. I decided against the leather one. Like u say, they need time to break in. Out of the box, i think comfort still Diemme the best for me. After seeing your black pair, abit gian so I ordered a black boots.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.