The Spectacles Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacqqq

Banned
Reaction score
Yea.. like what i said that. 20+ stable? definitely develop Presbyopia(lau hua).. Some small facts that i learn from my parent who were optician, Even you have perfect eyesight, when you get old, your lau hua is much more blur than long-sightedness or astigmatism patients..:s22:

lau hua is a different thing. that is when u are old.

but as of right now , after lasik , should be able to see clearly without wearing specs.

my point is i rather do lasik , then buying those tag heur frames. 700-800 per frame abit crazy.

jacqqq

Banned
Reaction score
if you suay anything can happen...as for me some degree came back... on my right eyes coz during the op i think they didnt put enuff the numbing eye drop and i kinda 'move' my eyes too much coz very very uncomfortable....as for my left eyes it is perfect ... but my right eyes is master eye so abit wierd lor... now after 1year +++ my right eyes degree still holding abt 100? my left got abit also le like 40? and i dont take care of my eyes.... =X
Btw my degree was 950++ before and also they do provide enhancement anything after the ops where your degree come back...but sadly after some testing they found my cornea too thin hence not recommended for enhancement....

maybe your eye degree 950++ too much liao.

mine only 500+ , after lasik should be quite ok de.

but of course u must take care of your eyes lah.

does your job require u to stare at com everyday?

MoNsTaR1985

Reaction score

haha recently got a change of workscope and i needa stare at the screen all the time but den i think i spend more time looking at computer screen when i am at home lolx... hahaha sometime u spend so much money to do lasik den still need to take care this and that wa lau feel abit sianz leh lolx...but ya la will take a minimum care la eye drop regularly , take rest on and off etc lor....

Ysatis

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

degree too high go lasik will help alot but still need wear specs. wearing specs to me is like an accessory already.

Last edited:

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But anyway, it depend on each individual people too.. :D But after you old, iirc, you will get higher presb yopia AFAIK

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's a imitation of it actually.. but affordable and the quality is not bad!

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not too sure.. some shop only..But i advise you go for Swissflex better, i was just saying there is imitation only.

legend24

Reaction score
by right after puberty , your eye degree will not increase again liao.

mine have not been increasing for the past 5 years or so le. despite starting at computer everyday and sleep late at night haha....

seriously i rather do lasik , than spend 700-800 buy tag heur specs...not worth it.

Its a fashion thing + perhaps durability & assurance?

you might as well say a typical pasar malam wallet more tougher than a LV wallet.

But LV is a sign of status. A identity, Something that people willing to fork out more.

If given the assets I would like to have an tag heur + LV wallet

But right now I just be contended with my ray ban :D:D

ggzx08

Reaction score
Hi guys, paiseh I have a noob question. If I'm interested to get sunglasses but have super high myopia (1k >_<), is transitional lense the only option?

noinimod

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its a fashion thing + perhaps durability & assurance?

you might as well say a typical pasar malam wallet more tougher than a LV wallet.

But LV is a sign of status. A identity, Something that people willing to fork out more.

If given the assets I would like to have an tag heur + LV wallet

But right now I just be contended with my ray ban :D:D
As is always the case with any luxury goods.

The whole point of branded eyewear has pretty much nothing to do with vision correction. Cos if they did, then many people won't be using el cheapo lens with their expensive tag/oakley frames.

Some people look better in specs, bad without them. So if wearing expensive frames can make them look good and most importantly feel good, why not? The people who go for lasik are probably the ones who prefer the way they look in contacts. So there's not that much of a link choosing between lasik or expensive frames. Unless of course, said person is 100% comfortable going out with either specs/contacts. Not many people like that around though.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, paiseh I have a noob question. If I'm interested to get sunglasses but have super high myopia (1k >_<), is transitional lense the only option?

1k? So i assume its 10.00 right? If you get transition lens.. it will be very thick even if you want it to have high index.. It cost about 300 for the lens from essilor..:s22: You might get a sunglass with a lens inbuilt inside. Meaning that. 2 lens in a sunglass. XD

ggzx08

Reaction score
1k? So i assume its 10.00 right? If you get transition lens.. it will be very thick even if you want it to have high index.. It cost about 300 for the lens from essilor..:s22: You might get a sunglass with a lens inbuilt inside. Meaning that. 2 lens in a sunglass. XD

Ya >_<

Oic. Thanks for the enlightenment. For lens inbuilt sunglasses, it will be purely sunglass purpose right? Cos I remember last time got specs and just clip on black lens to double up as sunglass/'shield' :p but thats ages ago. :s22:

evets

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TF+fw+08.jpg

tom ford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.