The Spectacles Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelvinth

Reaction score
I just make one spec using frame rockberries Titanium frame beta titan temple.
I also tr to google for more information about this frame. Seem like I can't find any.

Pretty light frames. Good value. First time I came across this brand.
Saw a collection of it at optical shop in AMK.

I'm wearing one (different model) as well, the paint peels off easily after few months...:(

Last edited:

2pm2am

Reaction score
Any advice or comments would be much appreciated. Thanks!

QUOTE=fourseasons2000;70126866]Anyone using the photofusion lens? Is it worth the money compared with transitions? Was quoted more than$1k for individual frame fit....
[/QUOTE]

How to say worth or not worth ?? they both have similar function only that photofusion may turn dark and clear faster compared to transitions. if it's for individual framefit, definitely worth the price but depends on your prescription.

2pm2am

Reaction score
good deal, good deal, i cant believe can actually get such good lobangs. Your optician is really those few ones still with a conscience. Unlike many sly ones who just ate up bulk of my hard-earnings. :(

you know last time got 2 optical shops opened by philipino. they offer buy one get one free, can be done in 30mins. in the end they close shop. maybe they are too kind. :s8:

2pm2am

Reaction score
Since you asked where about getting Tokia Modecinq Lens. 1.6 AS. Go to any Paris Miki outlet. I go for the 1.60AS progressive lens because it has higher abbe value 42. Lower abbe value for higher index.

Tokia Modecinq 1.6AS PAL - clear, RRP $530 - 15% = $450 (add $30 for tinted lens, e.g. sunglass)

The lens is available in 3 different base curves: 4, 5 and 6. Thanks to these available curves, the lens can match the basic curve of the frame, creating an aesthetical improvement.

The Modecinq is available in high index 1.60/42 and 1.70 material making it ideal to use in half-rim frames.

• Free-form Back-side (inner) progressive plus aspheric/atoric surface design lens for wrap-rounded frame, nearer to the eye.

• Abbe value = 42 (low dispersion of light, lower aberration), Higher refractive index lower Abbe value.

• Wrap angle adjustment – wider field of vision

• Omni-directional aberration correction

• Atoric surface lens provides an extension of aspheric design, allowing lens design to optimize for both the sphere and cylinder powers of a lens. This ensures that all wearers enjoy the overall larger fields of vision plus wider side visions, especially those with astigmatism by eliminate oblique astigmatism.

• Flexible inset design (customized for reading area) for comfortable binocular vision of the near sight by considering the change in the warp angle caused by curved frames. Far PD and near PD separate left and right, inset amount can be specified in every 0.1mm. (0~5.0mm)

• Retina focus design - The ease to see and the thinness and lightness coexists by transmitting light flux or correcting aberration and frequency, the design allows the most suitable image formation on the retina through a low base-curved lens.

• Optimize astigmatism correction and wider vision by suppressing astigmatism.

• Lens surface power is precisely calculated at every point to optimize performance and

• Reduce aberrations caused by pantoscopic tilt, vertex distance and object distance.

• Intermediate corridor range of 11 mm and 13 mm

Tokia Modecinq available in single vision and progressive lens.

Take note. Pantoscopic tilt deg, vertex distance, Far PD and Near PD gives the inset value, frame bow (wrap) angle, fitting height.... all these measured data needed when they place the lens from Japan.

p1010795zt.jpg

this is the price list given by my supplier. can't be they sabo me right ??? or they sabo themselves ??? unless paris miki got it direct from Japan but then it will not be that cheap too. ut then if paris miki can sell so cheap, why do my supplier still want to sell the lens ?? and which retailer wants to sell the lens and later kena complain??

2pm2am

Reaction score
You still don't get it do you? And you still don't believe it. All your assumption are wrong. I am not the only one getting this price. I have seen the price list, all the price lists are transparent/open for any customer to see. Other customers are also getting this price. Period.

Did i say i don't believe you ? I am in this business and based on what you wrote and from a business point of view, it's not a viable business if they sell that lens at that kind of price based on the wholesale price that i got.

I have got people telling me how much they got their zeiss progressive lens with transitions for and the price they tell me is ridiculous. But then I only hear it from one person so....

2pm2am

Reaction score
Heidel is correct. I managed to get nearly 40% off on my new Hoya Nulux EP lens (1.70, SFT, Free Foam), only SGD3XX. The RRP is around 650 if i remember correctly. Two cards are given - HOYA SFT Authenticity Card, Lens Quality Card. The shop is inside Upper Serangonn Shopping Center.

Your nulux EP lens 1.7 SFT stock lens RRP from Hoya is $500 and Rx is $600.

you most likely given the stock lens. $3xx is doable.

so if it's based on RRP of $500, you did not get it at a 40% discount.

It's not impossible to get the RRP $600 lens for $3XX but then not many retailers will do it. It depends on what is their business strategy. if the bulk of their business is low to mid end price product, they may try to sell these high end lenses at low price to attract customers. And when they sell the low to mid end stuff, they may be actually making more money to cover the loss of profit for the high end stuff.

Or maybe they are not interested in making money, the shop is just a front for something else. who knows .

but luckily there are still many consumers like seanie who won't go for cheapest stuff. :D

2pm2am

Reaction score
I and my wife are loyal customer to them (around 10 years). I just change my len, using back the old frame. My old len (nikon) and frame is also bought from the same shop. The frame is porsche design (P'8129, 53/18), cost around SGD300 plus. It is almost 2 years old already.
the porsche design frame for $300+ is not cheap but reasonable. i got people telling me they got it for $200+, now that's cheap.

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the porsche design frame for $300+ is not cheap but reasonable. i got people telling me they got it for $200+, now that's cheap.

nope, i got mine at $400+ after discount a year ago at queensway shopping centre, so possible explaination is that porsche design has lowered their prices lo.

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Or maybe they are not interested in making money, the shop is just a front for something else. who knows .

errr.. what do you mean that the shop is just a front for something else? Illegal business?

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have got people telling me how much they got their zeiss progressive lens with transitions for and the price they tell me is ridiculous. But then I only hear it from one person so....

Another possible explaination is that the retailer may not be giving what is stated on the order. YOu know of cheats in every trade. They could be giving the consumers another brand or rejected lens, nobody knows. Unless the consumer knows how to differentiate them. Some cheapo lens can actually come from india that costs only $20.

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you know last time got 2 optical shops opened by philipino. they offer buy one get one free, can be done in 30mins. in the end they close shop. maybe they are too kind. :s8:

thats what im thinking too. Those shops giving large discounts may not have their business viable to continue long, so they are giving alot of price cuts, possibly having the thought or intention of ending their business soon, as such trying to clear away their stocks, in the hope of getting part of their capital back so that they may not need to incur too much losses on their capital paid off on their goods on hand.

lcyang70

Reaction score
Expert in adjusting spectacle frame

Do anyone knows any optician who is good in adjusting spectacle frame? I have discomfort on my nose. Thank you.

xiaokaka

Reaction score
Essilor Progressive transistions also have $3XX price range.. Just don't know which product line and range, people will start comparing..

hendra8898

Reaction score
p1010795zt.jpg

this is the price list given by my supplier. can't be they sabo me right ??? or they sabo themselves ??? unless paris miki got it direct from Japan but then it will not be that cheap too. ut then if paris miki can sell so cheap, why do my supplier still want to sell the lens ?? and which retailer wants to sell the lens and later kena complain??

can u kindly also post zeiss lens price list? :)

Heidel

Reaction score
p1010795zt.jpg

They did not sabo you. Other optical shops also show the standard pricing. That is why if anyone wants a curve lens, go for Tokai Modecinq at Paris Miki. Even other curve lens like Truefit costs more.

Someone hold me that Paris Miki have special dealing and I heard they might even be the share holder. I am not certain about it. So long, I can get the lens I wanted and the price is right. That's about it.
For your info, not all lenses are cheaper in Paris Miki. There are lenses that costs more than other optical shops. It pays to check it out.

Anyway I am still waiting for my Tokia Modecinq lens from Japan. Almost 2 weeks passed by this weekend. Looks like it will take about 3 weeks before I get my new spectacle.
The latest update I received was that it will arrive by middle of next week.

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do anyone knows any optician who is good in adjusting spectacle frame? I have discomfort on my nose. Thank you.

I dont believe there is such a thing as a good optician in adjusting specs. It depends on whether you know where the problem lies so that your optician may help to solve it for you. Do you know exactly what you feel uncomfortable on your nose?

Outsider_27

Reaction score
what i meant is that only a novice will leave the markings around after doing the job. To consumers who do not know, these dots will raise doubts in their minds. And these marker dots cant be easily cleaned away by soap & water. So why should the optician still leave these dots visible to the customers? My assumption is that the person who mark the lenses dont bother & the otician who dispenses to the customer dont check the finished product either.

To customer with marker on lens, Spell the shop name out man.

SERIOUSLY, I cant stand optical shop who are not meticulous enough TO EVEN GET SIMPLE THINGS RITE!

Never bother QC, or remedy... Can be washed by mild soap but never bother. We really need to know the optical shop name, to deter those of us who take pride in eyewear stuff not patronising them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.