The Spectacles Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nivlac9

Reaction score
FRAMES & LENSES PTE LTD

Any one bought Raybans from F&L before? though they are an optical shop (listed as auth. Rayban dealer) the set that he took out to show me was from a flimsy clear plastic bag. is that normal? :s11:

latituded630

Reaction score
thanks for your reply.
Yes, i was looking at the Groupon deal for optical 88.
My degrees is actually very little, with left PL and right -0.25.. Have abit lof 'laohua'

Yes i was reading the last 300 over pages but cant find anything more related to optical 88 in terms of their range of specs and pricing.

I have gone down to the Optical 88 last evening, around 7pm. It was packed with people. The shop stated "closed", but I still pushed the door to enter.

The staff were busy serving people and had no time to serve us. As we are looking for sunglasses, so it is fine for us to just browse through ourselves. Not much choices of sunglasses left. For prescription frames, there are still some left on the shelves. The staff told us that new stocks would come in end of next week. It was a closing down sale.

If you need the staff to attend to you with great service, I would advise that you go down during weekdays morning, probably?

You wouldn't find much information on optical 88, because the prices are generally expensive imo.

latituded630

Reaction score
Guys, last night there is an optician at optical 88 who said that hoya sft is going to be phased out and replaced by another hoya model. I cannot recall the name now.. Something end with LL.

He said that Optical 88 will start marketing for it, probably end of June.
Anybody care to share more of this information?

Janet90

Reaction score
I have gone down to the Optical 88 last evening, around 7pm. It was packed with people. The shop stated "closed", but I still pushed the door to enter.

The staff were busy serving people and had no time to serve us. As we are looking for sunglasses, so it is fine for us to just browse through ourselves. Not much choices of sunglasses left. For prescription frames, there are still some left on the shelves. The staff told us that new stocks would come in end of next week. It was a closing down sale.

If you need the staff to attend to you with great service, I would advise that you go down during weekdays morning, probably?

You wouldn't find much information on optical 88, because the prices are generally expensive imo.

thanks so much for your replies.
I'll be going down to take a look at the spectacles that have available.. Hopefullly they would have a catelog or something for me to browse through if they have no stocks available..

Can i ask do you still have remember their range of prices ?
If not , it's ok :)

Look-into-me

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If i'm not wrong the groupon voucher cannot be used on brands like rayban right? correct me if i'm wrong. :)

yogurtya

Reaction score
hey guys selling brand new Gucci titanium frame ! Got it as a gift from a friend in Japan, but I just got a new frame and don't really need this. Really cool square design.

Brand new with box and cloth, Made in Japan 100% authentic, distributed by Safilo Group Japan

Dimensions : 54-16-140 (as printed on frame)
Please kindly PM me or contact me at 85185400

can roughly say how much u are looking for? if u dont mind :s12:

warhunter

Reaction score
Any one bought Raybans from F&L before? though they are an optical shop (listed as auth. Rayban dealer) the set that he took out to show me was from a flimsy clear plastic bag. is that normal? :s11:

Its normal for shop to keep stocks like that la. singapore rent expensive leh. IF KEEP IN BOX. the shop need frikin big leh. of cos take out and fold the box flat flat la.:s13:

Janet90

Reaction score
If i'm not wrong the groupon voucher cannot be used on brands like rayban right? correct me if i'm wrong. :)

Hi,

I just went down ystd and will be going today again to get my specs.
Hmm iirc, they dont carry much Rayban designs for sunglasses.. at least i didnt saw any on display..
Not too sure abt the specs thou..
Hope that helps :)

latituded630

Reaction score

Yes. The voucher cannot be used for rayban and oakley. All the rest of the brands are fine. I got this information from the main hotline product support.

nivlac9

Reaction score
Its normal for shop to keep stocks like that la. singapore rent expensive leh. IF KEEP IN BOX. the shop need frikin big leh. of cos take out and fold the box flat flat la.:s13:

Icic. First pair of glasses. So no experience. Cool later go down hoot!!

Thx bro!

iamying

Reaction score
new to this thread. read through and learned many new stuffs.
any idea whats the price range for transition lens? prefer 1.67 index.
was quoted 400+
$550 for crizal
got tio carrot or is it acceptable?

-5.75 - 1.75 180 for both eyes..

Last edited:

nuky8181

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone can recommend spec similar to TagHeuer Automatic Rimmed series?

I tried the TagHeuer, it is too big for my face.
Looking out for
1) Similar design
2) Not made of plastic (best is titanium)
3) Build qualify like Oakely
4) Looking for black so and hope the paint quality is Not like Oakley.

Thanks

society222

Reaction score
Hello..

Can anybody recommend me which shop should i go for affordable & no need branded spectacles?

My current specs has alot of scratches/'scars', so difficult to see already.
My budget is <$150. Looking for specs like the black army kind, rectangular.
Around 600 degrees both side of the eyes and do have astig.

Thank you.

warhunter

Reaction score
Hello..

Can anybody recommend me which shop should i go for affordable & no need branded spectacles?

My current specs has alot of scratches/'scars', so difficult to see already.
My budget is <$150. Looking for specs like the black army kind, rectangular.
Around 600 degrees both side of the eyes and do have astig.

Thank you.
Singapore anywhere also cheap

guitarcade

Reaction score
Shameless plug:
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/g...oples-emerson-steal-4246616.html#post76966547

Oliver Peoples Emerson. (The glossy black version)
daniel-radcliffe-kill-your-darlings-tournage-lunettes-oliver-peoples-7-755x1024.jpg

Justicar

Master Member
Reaction score
Ugh...someone help relief me of buyer's regret.

I paid $450 bucks total for extra-thin Crizal UV+ at a shopping center spectacle shop on an Oakley frame.

Was abit too weak-willed, went with a group of friends and they were all buying, I had also picked my specs for over an hour and was pressured into buying.

Anyway, my both side is 700+ degree, so i couldn't get any cheaper crizals. First time I am spending over 400 bucks on specs, feeling very queasy in my stomach now.

warhunter

Reaction score

I paid $450 bucks total for extra-thin Crizal UV+ at a shopping center spectacle shop on an Oakley frame.

Was abit too weak-willed, went with a group of friends and they were all buying, I had also picked my specs for over an hour and was pressured into buying.

Anyway, my both side is 700+ degree, so i couldn't get any cheaper crizals. First time I am spending over 400 bucks on specs, feeling very queasy in my stomach now.

Dude Oakley leh.u lucky u not in Australia. Pay for consult plus pay for specs. Enjoy this while it last. Once optometrists start charging and the rules are for optometrist to check eye health. No more cheap specs

warhunter

Reaction score

Now u only getting your prescription check. And its free. Wait till its by law stated that eye examination must be conducted. Lol there goes. And we got no medical benefits for eye check unlike Aussie

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You can take comfort in the fact that i have spent 4 times your amount to get a spec that i regretted. If you are feeling very queasy in your stomach, then how should i be feeling? Life is about experience, learning. If your $450 is well worth it there is really nothing you should feel upset about. Furthermore your old spec already scratched beyond value. You do not need to take warhunter's words too seriously. He is an optometrist. Not an end-user like us. By the time we are charged for an optom fee we are already dead by then. You should be more worried about rising lenses fees becos they are the one who are charging exorbitant fees like your crizal lens. Once a new breakthrough in lens technologoy has been researched and emerged in the market, lens manufacturers will discontinue the older versions and make the new version even more expensive. That is the way how they make $. Lenses, by the original price, are damn cheap, but they can sell you for hundereds of dollars, and the coatings dont last. MAybe that is the reason why people chose to purchase online or opt for surgery as cheaper alternatives. Lens manufacturers really are too much, from a consumer point of view.

Last edited:

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dude Oakley leh.u lucky u not in Australia. Pay for consult plus pay for specs. Enjoy this while it last. Once optometrists start charging and the rules are for optometrist to check eye health. No more cheap specs

You really shouldnt be comparing here with australia. Here is a competitive market. So many optical shops around, considering sg ia a small place. Australia is relax pace. Different culture too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.