The Spectacles Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahboy82

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i got it from here:D:D Many other branded nice frames also.. need to wait for their discount and sales.... bought many pairs from them already. Including 1 Ray ban.. super satisfied... dun be chopped by local shops;)

wa. the only prada frame not nice leh. yr one nicer.......

:(:(:(

thevissers

Reaction score
anyone know where i can find these same design kind of glasses but brandless?

2000.png

senocs

Reaction score
hey guys selling brand new Gucci titanium frame ! Got it as a gift from a friend in Japan, but I just got a new frame and don't really need this. Really cool square design.

Brand new with box and cloth, Made in Japan 100% authentic, distributed by Safilo Group Japan

Dimensions : 54-16-140 (as printed on frame)
Please kindly PM me or contact me at 85185400

Pictures please see below :
2urths2.jpg

ab591y.jpg

2uj0dmo.jpg

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
I going to buy a new frame with lens, lens price as follows:

$80 SA signet lens (they usually give this by default)
$120 for crizal most basic type
$120 for hoya most basic type

My degree is less than 300, dont need thin lens. I have only tried Hoya lens and SA lens before.

The sales person says all 3 types got multicoating. When I ask if the SA lens got UV protection, I somehow got different answers, 1 person say must add $20 for UV protection, another person say UV protection is already included in multicoating, I not sure why? Does SA lens come with UV protection?

Is SA lens good enough? Crizal and Hoya are just marketing hype?

If between Crizal or Hoya, which one better? Both have UV protection?

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
Heard that crizal watermark on lens becomes more obvious when the crizal lens becomes older and after using for sometime?

Last edited:

IceX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to make a pair of black frame specs, degree around 500 for each eyes..not looking for army style pattern..more towards trendy ones..brand name not impt to me.

Budget $200 and below. Any decent optical shops in the east/central for my budget?

PsyBear

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows is the $480 hoya nulux 1.6 transitions is sft coating or hvp coating?

zhukeeper

Reaction score
Online store in US... need to sent to a forwarder to sent to singapore... very worthwhile.. Really regret to buy from local store... i can made 4 to 5 pairs of no brands specs for the cost of a no brand specs local...

Just get yr eye power check locally give them yr eye power when order the frame... that simple..

May I know which forwarder did you use for this?

TigerGoD

Reaction score
Hi,

I am -3.00 for both left and right.
I want to fit new lenses.
I checked a couple places just now that Hoya Nulux EP 1.7 (it comes with SFT) is $650. Where can I get good discount like 40-50%?

Thank you.

ngwixn

Reaction score
Eh guys, yesterday I went to a spectacle shop @ JEM to enquiry about Oakley Wingspan. My eyesight is around 500+. I was quote $878 for crizal 1.67 and $925 for nikon 1.74. Cuz I am relatively new to this lens thing. What's the difference between like crizal, nikon and Hoya? And how's the price that I am quoted?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am -3.00 for both left and right.
I want to fit new lenses.
I checked a couple places just now that Hoya Nulux EP 1.7 (it comes with SFT) is $650. Where can I get good discount like 40-50%?

Thank you.

dont have lei :s22:

TigerGoD

Reaction score
But look at this one :s12:
The only problem was I can't go the that shop... :(

Heidel is correct. I managed to get nearly 40% off on my new Hoya Nulux EP lens (1.70, SFT, Free Foam), only SGD3XX. The RRP is around 650 if i remember correctly. Two cards are given - HOYA SFT Authenticity Card, Lens Quality Card. The shop is inside Upper Serangonn Shopping Center.

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
The sales person say Crizal lens have 25 more UV rays protection because it has UV coating on the back of the lens also. Is it really better in UV protection than hoya?

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eh guys, yesterday I went to a spectacle shop @ JEM to enquiry about Oakley Wingspan. My eyesight is around 500+. I was quote $878 for crizal 1.67 and $925 for nikon 1.74. Cuz I am relatively new to this lens thing. What's the difference between like crizal, nikon and Hoya? And how's the price that I am quoted?

Thanks in advance

Go queens way make lar.. I spent about 400 for my Oakley specs... But I would not get another Oakley again... The paint peel off fast... I changed a pair just 6 mths .. Not worth the price...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.