The Spectacles Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cui as in the quality? i thot i told u before dun get overhyped by the brand name. the quality has deteroriated over years....

yea u did...i was ok with quality...but even the optician at a certain store tell me there were issues such as rusting and all that they had to launch a 2nd version.....with such a premium such things shundt happen but the main thing was my mom felt that i didnt look good with frameless and also im quite rough with stuff so afraid i would break it haha....she insisted i shud get half frame thus the one which i love the most is the japonism design....are they the original for the jp-001 design

ahhian

Reaction score
frame condition is still very good, only the lens is peeling.

my old frame is kazuo kawasaki ti frame. extremely durable and understated.

highly recommended to anyone looking for a high quality frame.

u mean the old frame colour peeled off? What frame did u use?

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
frame condition is still very good, only the lens is peeling.

my old frame is kazuo kawasaki ti frame. extremely durable and understated.

highly recommended to anyone looking for a high quality frame.

wah seh, kazuo lei... longtime never heard of this brand le. Still around mah? Used to hear alot last time. Seldom see now liao. Japanese ti frame must be v durable, after 6 years still good. No color peel? If no color peel the worksmanship is damn good. Noobzpro, u heard? Jap frame is good, so i think if u hoot japonism can wear more than 10 yrs no prob compared to tagheuer i think 3 yrs cui gao gao liao.

ahhian

Reaction score
i still see them in paris miki. not a large range though.

wah seh, kazuo lei... longtime never heard of this brand le. Still around mah? Used to hear alot last time. Seldom see now liao. Japanese ti frame must be v durable, after 6 years still good. No color peel? If no color peel the worksmanship is damn good. Noobzpro, u heard? Jap frame is good, so i think if u hoot japonism can wear more than 10 yrs no prob compared to tagheuer i think 3 yrs cui gao gao liao.

ahboy82

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ahboy! what spec brand you think is good?? :s12:

i am still looking for the perfect one. ready to try DUN but it seems costly to me leh.

swissflex is out, tag heuer out, ray ban out for me.

want to try oliver peoples but more for style than substance.

see some of my frens wear korean brand HAMMER relatively cheap so maybe i get it as my spare spec. see how.

android

Master Member
Reaction score
How much does a ultem plastic frame cost on the average? Was quoted $200 for it.... Ex?

PetiaC

Reaction score
I bought a light, flexible and comfortable plastic frame from local brand "Acespex - inc vision". The design is classic looking and simple, which is what I like.

only time will tell if durable or not. opted for the cheapest option AO lense. Feels much thinner and clearer than the previous lense I made for astigmatism but I find it hard to walk in them, as though the steps i make dun sync with my feet.

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am still looking for the perfect one. ready to try DUN but it seems costly to me leh.

swissflex is out, tag heuer out, ray ban out for me.

want to try oliver peoples but more for style than substance.

see some of my frens wear korean brand HAMMER relatively cheap so maybe i get it as my spare spec. see how.

haha, ahboy you wear swissflex keep falling off your nose, wasted money liao. Why rayban out? Hammer is very light, flexible, cheap and as a spare spec is worth it but not as a perm one. Becos the workmanship v poor thats y they can sell cheap. I had 2 pairs, then the screw spoilt within a few months got to return and get a new screw but still not that good, if you understand what im saying. The screw mechanism workmanship not that good. But if spare one no problem lah. :s13:

ahboy82

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha, ahboy you wear swissflex keep falling off your nose, wasted money liao. Why rayban out? Hammer is very light, flexible, cheap and as a spare spec is worth it but not as a perm one. Becos the workmanship v poor thats y they can sell cheap. I had 2 pairs, then the screw spoilt within a few months got to return and get a new screw but still not that good, if you understand what im saying. The screw mechanism workmanship not that good. But if spare one no problem lah. :s13:

rayban too common and nt entirely cheap. to me it is a not here nor there brand. if want get branded just hoot ferragamo, prada, gucci, ysl and the likes.

think i may settle for a hammer as spare specs. have enuff of swiss flex. even after adding ear pads still not very comfortable.

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lolz owndays not bad...my frend made very fast and good service....he say the lens not bad so far....their air series really light and can bend alot lolz

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im thinking if i shud get their titanum frameless....for 198 like no horserun le....

anyways if im looking at japonism, what other brands do u guys recommend taking a look within this range? Dun is out for me it doesnt fit as good a japonism....any info about spivvy

ahboy82

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im thinking if i shud get their titanum frameless....for 198 like no horserun le....

anyways if im looking at japonism, what other brands do u guys recommend taking a look within this range? Dun is out for me it doesnt fit as good a japonism....any info about spivvy

198 for which brand???????

ahhian

Reaction score
go to keypoint i mention previously, try and see which one fits you best. its a pretty big shop with many brands.

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Spivvy is good. Great craftsmanship handmade acetate is their highlight. Light. More exp. More stylish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.