The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

popdod

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Oliver peoples too heavy leh

Any other brand to recmd for those plastic frame? I intend to make 1 to look more geek

7803071960_63f7b93142.jpg

Buy from army wan lor....light, plastic and super geek look.

:( :o :(

ahboy82

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
7803071960_63f7b93142.jpg

Buy from army wan lor....light, plastic and super geek look.

:( :o :(

Nah not so toot la

I m young sexecutive leh, nt some toot toot ns boi

Thinking of going for tag heuer...gd impression of them

for-kel

Reaction score
Any expert here, know where can service Cartier frame or shop selling cartier frame? Thanks.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Plastic frame can try those normal ones without brand. Some Looks good and nice to wear hahahah.

Sent from Samsung GT-N7105 using GAGT

Agreed with that. Especially the user who keep spoil their spectacle within a year :s13:

HungryAnteater

Reaction score
Hello

Been searching for a new pair of specs. Currently wearing a swissflex rimless. Tried a non branded rimmed specs but it seems heavy ... My ears felt painful at the point of contact with the specs.

I guess i could go back with swissflex for lightweight frames but are there other brands you would recommend?

Thanks all ...

Try Mykita. Lindberg also can.

Last edited:

HungryAnteater

Reaction score
Haha sorry, I wrote that statement thinking that there is an average price among all OP frames (which there is).

But in actuality, I would like to know where can I find the widest range of OP in SG. I am particularly looking for the NDG-1s and, if available, the OP XXV model.

I don't know if The Eye Place has a wide range or not, but I know they sell OP.

Whenever I looking for a super nice frame, I always go there first.

Anyway hor, there's such a thing as an inexpensive OP frame meh?

alex22

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking for Nikon / Seiko frames, full metal frame or rimlon, quoted around $150 alone…

As for lens around polycarbonate 1.6 (?), there's this new thing about lens which block more of the blue light spectrum, what's a good recommendation for brand/price range?

hmmm

Timbre70

Reaction score
Looking for Nikon / Seiko frames, full metal frame or rimlon, quoted around $150 alone…

As for lens around polycarbonate 1.6 (?), there's this new thing about lens which block more of the blue light spectrum, what's a good recommendation for brand/price range?

hmmm

where you get those Seiko and Nikon frames at such low prices?

Timbre70

Reaction score
they're not that ex in the first place?:s22:
old models still in the market went for 180 last time, and quite a few places let go at 180 or less with lenses

Yup, most selling around 180-200. I reckon Alex is looking at newer frames and he got 150?

Only those old stocks left one piece kind can have it for less than 100, titanium frame somemore.

Very difficult to find Seiko and Nikon frames now, but these two brands fit me perfectly. Original nose pads can last for more than 5 years. Seiko nosepads after 2 years still looking fresh without those grimly greenish stuff.

oldbreadstinks

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup, most selling around 180-200. I reckon Alex is looking at newer frames and he got 150?

Only those old stocks left one piece kind can have it for less than 100, titanium frame somemore.

Very difficult to find Seiko and Nikon frames now, but these two brands fit me perfectly. Original nose pads can last for more than 5 years. Seiko nosepads after 2 years still looking fresh without those grimly greenish stuff.

most of the people i meet generally change in 3-4 mths , so the greenish stuff isn't really an issue bah?

oldbreadstinks

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

they were common 10 years back , but with cheaper alternatives people start to stop ordering those 2 le ... plus (tiagong)one of them had a few funny incidents with the salesman pissing off the shop

newer frames for 200 and below might still be possible

jervin88

Reaction score
Hahah I believe he meant changing nosepads. Nosepad issues really depends on personal. Sweat a lot or what. For mine I got frames normal nosepads more than 5 years just turn yellow only. No greenish algae or whatever. I dun really sweat in my glasses so I guess its alright.

Sent from Samsung GT-N7105 using GAGT

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To prevent algae growing around the internal of the nosepad, just rinse water and dab dry with a dry cloth right?

I cannot stand my nosepad having any form of algae. hahaha

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.