HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Wallet Thread

Like Tree302Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-11-2013, 11:59 AM   #31
High Supremacy Member

Go for it =)

before i settled for BV, i was looking at several brands. Prada, Burberry, LV, Gucci, Bally, AD. and I even went to the extend to do in-depth research about each brand, the feedback by users and the durability of their wallets.

Plus, BV design is not as loud as other brands like LV or Gucci, whereby the logos are imprinted all over the wallet (except for certain models...) only people who sees it, knows it. General public won't give it a 2nd or 3rd or 4th look. tested and proven when I went to countries like Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia.

BV has a few shades of red. tbh, its best to head down to a BV boutique and personally see the colours by your own eyes. I totally do not trust the colour contrast in the BV website.

Here are some of the designs in red:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

tbh, MCM is only big in Asia Pacific countries like HK and China. In europe, Australia and US, they are not that popular.

The only reason why we see so many asians sporting MCM bags is K-POP. don't forget that MCM is a Korean company, i am sure they must have spent millions and millions of dollars on getting those K-pop celebrities and K-dramas to endorse their products.
i see, no wonder so many tiongs sweeping that brand. u're right bro, the website colors for BV and the real color really lot of difference. shld head down to have a look/feel. i feel the best place to shop and look/see for branded is at dfs scotts, better service than AD.
hwaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 12:34 PM   #32
Arch-Supremacy Member

i see, no wonder so many tiongs sweeping that brand. u're right bro, the website colors for BV and the real color really lot of difference. shld head down to have a look/feel. i feel the best place to shop and look/see for branded is at dfs scotts, better service than AD.
seriously... I DON'T understand what's so great about MCM. although they have been around for nearly 40 years (37 yrs exact) but they do not have a signature design, which people can easily relate to.

like LV is to speedy, neverfull, Alma, Noe. Prada is to Saffiano. Chanel is to lambskin flip handbag. Hermes is to Birkin and Kelly.

-----------------------------------

DFS orchard is a good place for BV wallets. I can't say much about other brands though...

added info if you like good service with branded boutiques

Prada:
Recommend Prada @ Paragon. So far best service. Next is Prada @ MBS.
Blacklist: Prada @ ION. The filipino SA there are so suck up. one of them even kena one-time good one by me

LV:
Recommend: Taka
Blacklist: LV boutique at MBS when there wasn't much people a few months back around July. wanted to buy a LV wallet for my dad, because he lost his.
The SA who served me although was a local Singaporean, but he didn't really wanna strike a conversation with me, and gave me that "suck up" feeling. in the end, walked out and bought the LV wallet from Taka instead.

Burberry:
Paragon & MBS
- I had a great time in Burberry Paragon when I was there to buy a bag for my mum's birthday this year. The female SA was very friendly and more importantly, she was paying alot of attention to details, like my mum's skin colour, what clothing she usually wear, her height etc.
- MBS was when I wanted to buy a Burberry polo t-shirt for my younger sister because she just got promoted. great service too =)

Mont Blanc:
Taka

Gucci:
Paragon & MBS

Ferragamo:
MBS

Last edited by Henabi; 14-11-2013 at 01:57 PM..
Henabi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #33
High Supremacy Member

any suggestions for a messenger? looking at a smaller lv district PM now.. but all is based on photos, yet to feel or see the real thing..

or any other brands to recommend?
Old 14-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #34
Arch-Supremacy Member

any suggestions for a messenger? looking at a smaller lv district PM now.. but all is based on photos, yet to feel or see the real thing..

or any other brands to recommend?
Sa la thread la bro =P i think there is a messenger bag thread here
Old 14-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #35
High Supremacy Member

Sa la thread la bro =P i think there is a messenger bag thread here
orr have ah. ok me go search.
Old 14-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #36
High Supremacy Member

no messenger thread leh but nvm i try asking in lv forum. wah not bad ah u went many diff places to get your loots, so far dint go mbs side to look see yet, dint even go their LV also since they opened.. experience wasnt good ah? i met quite a young male SA at dfs scotts yesterday, not too bad.. entertained us quite abit. not so friendly at the prada side though. and dont really like to go in ion shops to look/see, some like ai mai ai mai to serve one.

generally the people at dfs scotts at lv, bv, gucci is quite ok, quite friendly.

Last edited by hwaa; 14-11-2013 at 02:10 PM..
Old 14-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #37
Arch-Supremacy Member

no messenger thread leh but nvm i try asking in lv forum. wah not bad ah u went many diff places to get your loots, so far dint go mbs side to look see yet, dint even go their LV also since they opened.. experience wasnt good ah? i met quite a young male SA at dfs scotts yesterday, not too bad.. entertained us quite abit. not so friendly at the prada side though. and dont really like to go in ion shops to look/see, some like ai mai ai mai to serve one.

generally the people at dfs scotts at lv, bv, gucci is quite ok, quite friendly.
paiseh... its called the "Casual Bag thread"

The Casual Bag Thread

i usually don't visit luxury brand boutiques unless got special occasion. just so happen that this year got alot of special events
- my wife and me 6 yrs anni
- my parents 30 yrs wedding anni
- my dad lost his wallet
- my mum 55 yo bday
- my younger sis got a big promotion

tbh, when so many occasions all come one after another... my wallet REALLY burn one BIG BIG hole...

i like to service crew at DFS. Very friendly. Attitude is Professional+Casual type. Can chit chat, can joke.

------------------------------------------

this aside... Just saw a few good deals in AMAZON.COM

1) Montblanc Meisterstuck 6 Credit Card Wallet
Amazon.com: Montblanc Meisterstuck 6 Credit Card Wallet: Clothing
USD$280.
Pricing in SG Boutique is about $500

2) Gucci Canvas bi-fold Wallet
Amazon.com: Gucci Purse / Wallet (M-07-Po-29507) - One Size - beige: Clothing
USD$270
Pricing in SG Boutique is about $680
Old 14-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #38
Arch-Supremacy Member

Fug...looks like ketupat is a must-have item for me already.
Damn fuggin' gian tio nao
netzach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #39
High Supremacy Member

Old 14-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #40
Arch-Supremacy Member

lolx... then go get it
besides calf n nappa, there are exotic range using lizard, gator, stingray, ostrich skin.

single cash slot n double cash slot
4cc+coin pouch or 8cc
continental, bi fold or tri fold
Old 14-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #41
Arch-Supremacy Member

lolx... then go get it
besides calf n nappa, there are exotic range using lizard, gator, stingray, ostrich skin.

single cash slot n double cash slot
4cc+coin pouch or 8cc
continental, bi fold or tri fold
Bro, roughly how muchie for a calfskin, bi-fold, 4cc+ coin pouch gonna cost huh? Noob here.
netzach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 06:47 PM   #42

I using ermenegildo zegna with the EZ initials.
Diamante embossed leather.
Doesnt scratch n looks nice
bbbbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #43
Supremacy Member

But Zegna card holder the leather looks cheapo + easy to scratch
WhiteFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #44
Supremacy Member

My favorite color!
WhiteFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 07:17 PM   #45

Check out mulberry ted. I bought that from mandarin gallery at 15% off, all thanks to our china tourist week.
Daniel.Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.