Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Watch Thread - Part 1

Like Tree352Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2012, 07:21 PM   #6481

I just got my laco type A miyota from monster time recently as well.
Is it $420? I hope the price i see is the final, no more hidden cost added. Mind sharing pic and some on hand simple review? I never own a laco before. Only archimede.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #6482
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I think those brand must be not from Swiss (Germany) as I have not see them selling in the common boutique in Singapore.

I do a random search on Amazon has happen to saw this watch below:

Amazon.com: Hamilton Men's H32656785 Jazzmaster Chronograph Watch: Hamilton: Watches

Any comment?
those brands are indeed swiss or German. Guinand made Sinn watches and if owned by the founder or Sinn watch, well Wolfgang Steinkrüger go read. Tons of brands out there that don't sell in common boutique in SG. obviously u didn't read the link.

well, hamilton is hamilton. they make good watches but U get a undecorated 7750.

This watch look nice. How does Steinhart fair with Fortis?

Nav B-Chrono II with leather strap - Chronographs - Steinhart Watches

Also, how can I purchase Steinhart watch? Just direct online from about link? Anyone has experience on purchasing that from online?

opps! I realized that this watch has no water resistance, can't wear during shower. I wonder why it is so difficult to include water resistant? Even my $30 casio has water resistance.
Steinhart vs Fortis. different price pt, what do u think?
Steinhart U can go thru gnomon or buy online. search there are a few that bought them online here.

all watches has some water resistance. even those spec at 30m they tell u don't shower. know that 100m does not mean can go 100 meters waters with current and movement.
http://www.bluedial.com/bd-wr.htm

Last edited by patryn33; 05-05-2012 at 07:39 PM..
Old 05-05-2012, 07:33 PM   #6483
Banned

Very very tempted.....almost on the verge of pulling the trigger on this to match my Lumtec V2

Old 05-05-2012, 07:54 PM   #6484

wow the genius watches look nice!

sharing another independent "value-for-money" watchmaker:
watchcollection up to date - MSC Master Watchmaker Manfred Schneider & Co. Germany
Old 05-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #6485

Is it $420? I hope the price i see is the final, no more hidden cost added. Mind sharing pic and some on hand simple review? I never own a laco before. Only archimede.
The retail price is 420 but I got a little discount off the price because me and my friend got it together. Review wise, I don't think I can provide any as this is my first watch and I don't really know about the watch. Unless you have any direct questions, then I will try my best to answer!
Old 05-05-2012, 08:44 PM   #6486
Arch-Supremacy Member

Very very tempted.....almost on the verge of pulling the trigger on this to match my Lumtec V2

hehe just nice since ure in the navy
Old 05-05-2012, 11:01 PM   #6487

The retail price is 420 but I got a little discount off the price because me and my friend got it together. Review wise, I don't think I can provide any as this is my first watch and I don't really know about the watch. Unless you have any direct questions, then I will try my best to answer!
thanks for the info on the price, maybe i try my luck to nego a little when im there.
how is the lum? do post some wrist shot if u hav the time =)
Old 06-05-2012, 12:05 AM   #6488
Banned

hehe just nice since ure in the navy
Hehehe but I no diver leh...

Anyway how's life at your side? Field camp very often?
Old 06-05-2012, 12:10 AM   #6489
Master Member

Why so little 2nd hand Ulysse Nardin available online? Wanna get 2nd hand MM series
Old 06-05-2012, 12:35 AM   #6490

Steinhart vs Fortis. different price pt, what do u think?
Steinhart U can go thru gnomon or buy online. search there are a few that bought them online here.

all watches has some water resistance. even those spec at 30m they tell u don't shower. know that 100m does not mean can go 100 meters waters with current and movement.
Watch Water Resistance Information
May I know if we buy online like Gnomon, how are we going to deal with the warranty when the watch is faulty? Sending the watch back to Gnomon for repair?

That is my major concerns when purchasing online. If we purchase watch locally, when faulty, we can at least go back the the dealer or service centre here for their support.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:46 AM   #6491

Tissot PRC 516

Can anyone recommend a good reliable shop to get a new PRC 516? Importanly with good discount. Thanks!
Old 06-05-2012, 12:53 AM   #6492
Arch-Supremacy Member

May I know if we buy online like Gnomon, how are we going to deal with the warranty when the watch is faulty? Sending the watch back to Gnomon for repair?

That is my major concerns when purchasing online. If we purchase watch locally, when faulty, we can at least go back the the dealer or service centre here for their support.
Gnomon shop is located at shaw towers.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:08 AM   #6493
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hehehe but I no diver leh...

Anyway how's life at your side? Field camp very often?
heng i went into support coy....the alpha bravo charlie next week field camp le i boh....
Old 06-05-2012, 01:33 AM   #6494
Banned

heng i went into support coy....the alpha bravo charlie next week field camp le i boh....
Wah lucky ah u....
Old 06-05-2012, 02:25 AM   #6495

Post another wrist shot, couldnt resist :p

Where to find marina militare in sg? or must go overseas to buy..?
MilitaryTime - Marina Militare - Navy, Airforce and Army Watches
GETAT WATCH CO. - pilot watch, marina watch, 6497 6498 movement,Custom made watch, Case set, Watch acessories

The above two are the more reliable and reputable MM sellers around.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.