The Watch Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricky1

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where is the decoration? The red and gold is decoration?

the lining on the movement is decorated liao. u go see eta decorated movements. also something like that. dun expect decoration like some watches with display backs lor.

flame2000

Banned
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for the advice, didn't know about the 104 launching soon. I think I will wait for the new model.

The Sinn 104 use a Sellita SW-220-1 movement. Nothing bad since Sinn will probably regulate it well.

I like it too. :)

flame2000

Banned
Reaction score
the lining on the movement is decorated liao. u go see eta decorated movements. also something like that. dun expect decoration like some watches with display backs lor.

That's not decoration. Rolex doesn't decorate its movement since all of them hidden in their oyster case.

Decoration looks something like this Stowa below......with perlage & Geneva stripes on rotor. Anyway this is very basic decoration only. :D

caseback_zps325aa390.jpg

ricky1

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's not decoration. Rolex doesn't decorate its movement since all of them hidden in their oyster case.

Decoration looks something like this Stowa below......with perlage & Geneva stripes on rotor. Anyway this is very basic decoration only. :D

caseback_zps325aa390.jpg

got many types of decorations lor. even eta got one version of decoration is just linings only. can hardly see the decoration.

I used to have a stowa which is decorated like that.

IMG_6795.jpg

after that changed to another one with perlage decoration.

imgp0920.jpg

dreamer_toons

Master Member
Reaction score
Last heard from some forumers that full payment is required and they will call yiy when the stock is in.

If I didn't remember wrongly, the wait time is about 2 months.

Anyway, I'm going to enquire tomorrow, hooe they have a display set for me to see and try.

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got many types of decorations lor. even eta got one version of decoration is just linings only. can hardly see the decoration.

To many that's no decoration to u it's decorated, that's fine by us. I own a Hamilton khaki chrono with display back and it on a undecorated eta 7750.

Cannot see decoration why decorate? Buy fancy underwear for what reason? They comfortable?

A review
http://people.timezone.com/msandler/Articles/ZbindenRolex/Rolex1.html
The fit and finish of important parts -- escapement, balance wheel and hairspring etc -- is exemplary. While the decoration of the basic plates is really quite crude where visible, and virtually non-existent when it's out of sight. This might bother some people, but Rolex obviously spare no expense concentrating on those parts that affect precision and reliability while just giving a basic nod to bare-bones decoration of their movements.

A few more ppl also felt that there is no decoration on Rolex movement
https://www.rolexforums.com/archive/index.php/t-242046.html

Rolex only claim its finely finished, not decorated. Note the difference
http://www.rolex.com/about-rolex/movements.html
Extremely fine finishing

Although the Perpetual movements are accessible only to Rolex-certified watchmakers using specific tools, they are decorated in the finest watchmaking tradition. The plates and gear trains are circular-grained, the bridges satin-finished, circular-grained or snailed, the screw heads are mirror-polished and all edges are bevelled.

Last edited:

milky25

Master Member
Reaction score
I have a Steinhart marine chrono ll Roman. Mint condition, never worn before. PM me if interested.

ricky1

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To many that's no decoration to u it's decorated, that's fine by us. I own a Hamilton khaki chrono with display back and it on a undecorated eta 7750.

Cannot see decoration why decorate? Buy fancy underwear for what reason? They comfortable?

A review
Untitled

A few more ppl also felt that there is no decoration on Rolex movement
https://www.rolexforums.com/archive/index.php/t-242046.html

Rolex only claim its finely finished, not decorated. Note the difference
Oyster Perpetual Movement - Rolex Watchmaking

perlage and satin finishing is not consider decorated then u need to buy patek watches liao. it is considered decorated but not to the full extent. have u seen how those non decorated movements look like?

ETA2824-2_zps84e3cd4c.jpg

this rolex movement is totally stock without slight decoration?

Rolex-3156-Movement.jpg

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any1 knows if which THG still has sin556a in stock?

No ready stock..Go there, confirm purchase and pay for then they order. Once in will call u to collect.

Last heard from some forumers that full payment is required and they will call yiy when the stock is in.

If I didn't remember wrongly, the wait time is about 2 months.

Anyway, I'm going to enquire tomorrow, hooe they have a display set for me to see and try.

Got 2 months mehx?? One guy ordered and got it in 2 weeks..I ordered mine last weekend thou..

I went Millenia Walk THG, salesman took a set ordered by someone else to let me take a look..

Lord_Kang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No ready stock..Go there, confirm purchase and pay for then they order. Once in will call u to collect.

Got 2 months mehx?? One guy ordered and got it in 2 weeks..I ordered mine last weekend thou..

I went Millenia Walk THG, salesman took a set ordered by someone else to let me take a look..

Must be the same one that I had seen.. I also ordered from there last weekend..

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
perlage and satin finishing is not consider decorated then u need to buy patek watches liao. it is considered decorated but not to the full extent. have u seen how those non decorated movements look like?

I have dude, satin finishing has is purpose. Rolex are COSC, have u seen a poorly finish movement certified COSC. Perlage is decoration, in Rolex commonly found in base plate, maybe it's source from a company that does it all the time. Art is done to beautify not done here and there hopes it become a looker. I have yet to come across a person other than u that claim its looker. Ok move on.

No pt reply to ppl that has their head in the sand.
No need buy PP also can find nicely decorated movement, u not been around to understand that. Ignore button comes handy to me. Bo Liao ppl too many here.

I also own a Rolex, I can live with the fact it's undecorated.
1 example of a movement that has perlage does not make them all like that.

Kenneth C

Reaction score
the main point is are the rolex replicas good quality enough to make ppl believe they are real?
so do they look good enough?

Why buy a fake watch though it looks like the real thing? If can afford and willing to spend, buy the real watch. If not, buy something that is within our budget. Stay away from the fakes. Wearing fake watches makes one feels like a loser.

rboyboy

Master Member
Reaction score
Why buy a fake watch though it looks like the real thing? If can afford and willing to spend, buy the real watch. If not, buy something that is within our budget. Stay away from the fakes. Wearing fake watches makes one feels like a loser.

+1 to this.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
can anyone help me w/ this strap? what brand and where i can get this?
wi2bdt.jpg

Thanks a lot! :)

My previous Paros strap was this design. Check out those chinatown watch shop uncle, sure can find one.

flame2000

Banned
Reaction score
can anyone help me w/ this strap? what brand and where i can get this?
wi2bdt.jpg

Thanks a lot! :)

Rios strap. Not sure if it's Russian Juchten or Shell cordovan version. A lot of online store or eBay have this strap. Gnomon is out of stock.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.