The Watch Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

yattokame

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hope you don't mind but i beg to differ. In terms of color the darker PP contrasts nicely with your skin tone. The gold rolex just seems to blend in, unless this is the look you are looking for.

And like the rest have mentioned, the PP takes top spot in pedigree, quality, branding, etc. And a PP being a sport watch is just as versatile as the rolex sub/gmt/daytona models. Can use in formal and casual settings. I wish I had your kind of headache. :D

Hmmmm new and interesting perspective regarding the contrast!

Yes thats why I am swayed. Had always thought I wanted the GMT gold until I realize the price points were not that far off.

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
there you have it.... a totally convinced future PP owner... kudos

Reaction score
Rolex or PP? Neither. If you have that kind of money to spend on a watch, you ought to get something really interesting and different. I'm not passionate about watches to that extert, but, if I were, I would be looking at a Glashuette Original panoinverse.... or maybe one of these:
IKEPOD GENEVE
Anyway, I hope you will do some research first before committing. There are lots of interesting and different watches out there in your price range. And actually, at that level, the well-known brands are pretty dull really -- look at A Lange und Sohne.

Lurker_13

Master Member
Reaction score
yattokame kor kor, I wish I have your kinda dilemma too...:s13: If to choose between the 2 I will go with the PP, but then again I am bias bec' I never really like Rolex...:s13: I agree with StephenHawking kor kor to look around for other watches before committing too... there maybe other gems out there besides these 2 =:p

Also a question to all watch gurus here...The Tag Heuer Carrera is using ETA movement or Zenith Movement ar?:s11:

Last edited:

teecee

Reaction score
Hi all, would anyone know where I can buy a spring bar remover tool in SG? I prefer to buy locally if I can. :)

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
True too. I believe quite a few of us aspire to own a PP once in our lifetimes but if the watch does not "fit" the wrist for whatever the reason, no point getting it. :)

I know that I really want a Pam 372 but I just can't pull it off! The slimness of the case, coupled with the 47mm size and my puny 6.25" wrist, makes it a recipe for disaster! *Sob sob*

I think my wrist about same as yours... when I was younger, I don't like to wear watch because my waist very small and I dont look good with those big size watches...
so only when I started working then I started wearing watches.

so far only TH carrera Calibre 1887 41/42mm look good. other than tat...most of my watches are below 40mm...
I tried a rolex sub and it look SO WEIRD on me :(

maybe I beef up with a bit morr muscle...then maybe will be different...

takuyazzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my wrist is 6.25inch as well...generally, 45mm radiomirs and 44mm luminors still fit very nicely (thanks to the short lugs)..havent had the chance to try the PAM372 but doubt it will look good.

Azrielsc

Reaction score
I think my wrist about same as yours... when I was younger, I don't like to wear watch because my waist very small and I dont look good with those big size watches...
so only when I started working then I started wearing watches.

so far only TH carrera Calibre 1887 41/42mm look good. other than tat...most of my watches are below 40mm...
I tried a rolex sub and it look SO WEIRD on me :(

maybe I beef up with a bit morr muscle...then maybe will be different...

Same here... My first proper watch was a Tag Heuer 6000 series chronometer (39mm) 16 years ago and I thought that was big...

2365912.jpg
- Pic off the web

till I started my Panerai obsession a year ago!

Can't build more muscles around your wrist unfortunately. :( Read a couple of articles and it confirmed my suspicions.

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my wrist is 6.25inch as well...generally, 45mm radiomirs and 44mm luminors still fit very nicely (thanks to the short lugs)..havent had the chance to try the PAM372 but doubt it will look good.

Same as me....................:s12:

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yattokame kor kor, I wish I have your kinda dilemma too...:s13: If to choose between the 2 I will go with the PP, but then again I am bias bec' I never really like Rolex...:s13: I agree with StephenHawking kor kor to look around for other watches before committing too... there maybe other gems out there besides these 2 =:p

I am also not a Rolex Fan. Brought 1 in 1999 and after that feel it's not really what I wanted.

But certain Rolex sport models are quite nice like this one below :

1222538d1379259638-what-rolex-daytona-everyone-worlds-richest-man-carlos-slim-robert-redford-r-download.jpg

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hahahaha... and this discussion finally found its way here...

39mm watches fits my wrist nicely...
but when I tried Seiko Sumo, Monster or Orient Mako... look so weird on me... like a kid wearing an adult watch lolx =p

unfortunately cant add muscles to wrist area... so might as well just make myself look beefier, make my arm bigger.

and being a guy with very fair skin, some watches don't match me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.