The Watch Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donten

Reaction score
guys, assuming if u already own the tudor black bay, would u buy another ranger? I believe they belong to the same heritage series.

sorry but the ranger is butt ugly.

edit: in terms of design, too meek to look like a sporty watch. for dressy the arabic numeral looks off.. and at the price they are asking for.. there are lots of better watches out there.

Last edited:

yukita

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Today's acquisition.
Went shopping for one, end up with two. :D
Anyway, I suppose all good things comes in a pair!

15378855572_3608ac0506_b.jpg

15356159296_e3bc049d78_b.jpg

15192581328_f31e8fee06_b.jpg
Jlc is nice, what's the damage?

osirisx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where do you guys usually send your watch for servicing?

one of my watch stopped moving, thinking of sending it to an outside shop to service(was quoted a lower price than ad)
anyone did something similar?

Also is Monaco and aquaracer in the same price range?

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

one of my watch stopped moving, thinking of sending it to an outside shop to service(was quoted a lower price than ad)

Generally I believe in increasing price : F1, Aquaracer, Link, Carerra, Grand Carerra , Monaco. Of course don't compare quartz with mechanical across range.

mobiken

Reaction score

Go to tanjong katong complex lvl 3 K2 watch shop look for Mr Goh..only one word..Good!!

balzebub

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Watch servicing very subjective. What brand is the watch? What movement? Parts easily available? What does the manufacturer service quote include? For a repair / service I prefer to send back to manufacturer as depending on brand, I get a 12 to 24 months warranty, swap out of worn or damage parts, and sometimes a polish to restore it to like new, plus pressure testing to factory spec. So basically if your watch is COSC certified, it will come back running within COSC spec. Peace of mind.

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Watch servicing very subjective. What brand is the watch? What movement? Parts easily available? What does the manufacturer service quote include? For a repair / service I prefer to send back to manufacturer as depending on brand, I get a 12 to 24 months warranty, swap out of worn or damage parts, and sometimes a polish to restore it to like new, plus pressure testing to factory spec. So basically if your watch is COSC certified, it will come back running within COSC spec. Peace of mind.

fully agree. first thing came to my mind when I saw the question was: Brand.

If we are talking about Seiko, Citizen, Orient or entry Swiss made automatic watches like Tissot and Hamilton, then you can bring to reputable independent watch repair shops like K2.

iirc, there is another watch lover here who loves to collect very old vintage watches and repair them (Forget the nick),

But if your watch is other higher level luxury brands, then i will recommend you to bring back to the brand's AD or service center first. It might be slightly more expensive but at least you know if anything goes wrong, you know who to find and doesn't risk voiding the warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.