The Watch Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

slow_mo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. No problem with the case directly under the running tap too?

Generally, iirc:
WR 30m - Rain and light splashes, no shower
WR 50m - Shower and light swimming, no diving
WR 100m - Light water sports and snorkeling, no diving
WR 300m - Scuba diving, no saturation diving

Use it at your own risk... :p

slow_mo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
watches are waterproof and the silicon seal is unaffected by salt or heat, but i'm not so sure about detergents found in soaps. chemistry major anyone ?

Mild soap should be fine. I bathed with my watches (WR 100m and 300m) when I was younger.

unfinished07

Master Member
Reaction score
Generally, iirc:
WR 30m - Rain and light splashes, no shower
WR 50m - Shower and light swimming, no diving
WR 100m - Light water sports and snorkeling, no diving
WR 300m - Scuba diving, no saturation diving

Use it at your own risk... :p

Wah, U say it like this, I duno what to do now.....lol

soilwork

Reaction score
Once a week i bath my sub using lifeboey or dettol hand soap ( whichever we are using) Just wet the watch and rub with soap then running tape rinse everything off and wipe dry.

aerolord

Master Member
Reaction score
My moody Friday got better when I received this package!

J9aEdwj.jpg

Nah not a watch :(

ZxJUEO7.jpg

One of my FAPsss Journe grail

Lbj51sc.jpg

Now I need Arnold & Son!

zzyzx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
went to Vacheron & Constantin to try on the new Patrimony watch.

2u904ki.jpg

28rlevd.jpg

Conclusion: the watch in website picture is much nicer due to the actual watch dial colour is much lighter in colour. could be nicer if the dial is of darker shade and even the SA agrees. Also, still i can't accept a watch this thin on my wrist.

p/s: for soon-to-be rolex buyer, ask for the new watch box! now it feature a compartment for your warranty card instead of a slot. much cleaner design.. :D

Last edited:

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Trying to make my 24mm strap work on my 372. Love this old strap too much to discard it.

COvOdnr.jpg

Sent from GAGT Android App

After given license from wife to match a couple watch with her Pam, I'ved been enjoying just reading and searching. Finally it's a toss between 372, 422 and 423 which if you google its a very popular predicament. I'ved decided that I can't live with plexi and I would like the power reserve so I'll probably go with 422 ( in my opinion a modern evolution of the classic 1950 Panerai). Yes the 423 power reserve indicator on dial makes the watch looks more modern but I'd like to keep it more classic with the 422's indicator in the back. Now all there is to it is time and when I feel richer :D.... God willing next year.

Notice some marks around the 5 and 6 edges of the plexi on your 372. Are those swirl/scratches or optical illusions ? Anyway plexi is super easy to buff out.

And um....no the gap on the 24mm strap doesn't work IMO.

BERSERK1980

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After given license from wife to match a couple watch with her Pam, I'ved been enjoying just reading and searching. Finally it's a toss between 372, 422 and 423 which if you google its a very popular predicament. I'ved decided that I can't live with plexi and I would like the power reserve so I'll probably go with 422 ( in my opinion a modern evolution of the classic 1950 Panerai). Yes the 423 power reserve indicator on dial makes the watch looks more modern but I'd like to keep it more classic with the 422's indicator in the back. Now all there is to it is time and when I feel richer :D.... God willing next year.

Notice some marks around the 5 and 6 edges of the plexi on your 372. Are those swirl/scratches or optical illusions ? Anyway plexi is super easy to buff out.

And um....no the gap on the 24mm strap doesn't work IMO.
Was in the same situation before decided on the 372. Laid out all 3 watches and it took me less than 10 mins to decide. Some points i noticed is that both the 422 and 423 are significantly heavier, due to the sapphire glass and also bigger caseback for the pr complication which results in a slightly more uncomfortable wear for me on my wrists. So far my plexiglass is holding well, just a couple faint scratches.

Sent from GAGT Android App

hwzadmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear members, please take note that this thread is now closed due to its huge size. A new thread has been automatically generated for your continued discussion here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.