Where to tailor clothes =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

PetiaC

Reaction score
K by kevin seah's not bad.

I was impressed with them to go ahead and do a 2 piece suit with them as well.

But i very much prefer my tailor that uses soktas fabrics. young chap who is based off macpherson

Can you kindly document the suit fitting process and post up pics to share :)

Triste

Master Member
Reaction score
Can you kindly document the suit fitting process and post up pics to share :)

I've only got this to share at the moment....

8698355824_bae086a4e2_b.jpg

Just sat through the initial discussion with mat, the designer for K and we took 1.5 hours to discuss what i really wanted and then another 20 minutes to take measurements.He was shocked that i lost 3 inches on my waist since my last fitting for my shirt and jeans 1 month ago-from 34 to 31...(of which i'll have to bring back to alter this saturday)

The service was impeccable and he knew what i wanted. Something really modern and slim-cut and he pretty much hit the nail with his suggestions.

I was impressed by the fact that a lot of effort goes into making the suit even for their MTM line. While it does not have the level of hand work as compared to their bespoke line, I know that the end result from K will turn out pretty well, based on my initial discussion. I will also do a bespoke suit eventually with kevin himself as well.

I'll update as i go for my first fitting...

Last edited:

Triste

Master Member
Reaction score
Mine sharing your tailor? How much for a shirt?

I don't have the name of his shop. Only his name. Word of mouth introduction from a friend. He's near Genting lane, if it helps. I'll get his shop name tomorrow for you.

It's 80 for a shirt and 160 for soktas fabrics. He can also source for Zegna cloth as well.

And yes, he does do work for some of the brand names....I won't name who though.

Last edited:

xterious

Master Member
Reaction score
I don't have the name of his shop. Only his name. Word of mouth introduction from a friend. He's near Genting lane, if it helps. I'll get his shop name tomorrow for you.

It's 80 for a shirt and 160 for soktas fabrics. He can also source for Zegna cloth as well.

And yes, he does do work for some of the brand names....I won't name who though.

can pm me also? interested to try out. thanks! :)

Kiton12345

Reaction score

Is he a MTM operation or does he draft individual patterns?

Would definitely be keen in working with a younger man especially if he does bespoke(I have weird body proportions).

Triste

Master Member
Reaction score
Is he a MTM operation or does he draft individual patterns?

Would definitely be keen in working with a younger man especially if he does bespoke(I have weird body proportions).

MTM, not bespoke unfortunately. But he can pretty much do the fitting until you are happy. Take it from me, I've lost so much weight in such a short span of time, he has to keep altering my shirts. :s13:

It's very easy to get my ideas across to him on what I want. I pretty much leave him to pair the choice of colors on the cuffs and collars for my shirts and he comes through everytime with the choices.

The place is so ulu, you wouldn't even know it existed. I didn't until a friend brought me there.

I'll whatsapp him tomorrow and get his address for those who are keen.

So far, i've been happy with what he charges for soktas fabrics and the work put into it.

Gets the looks from the ladies at the office, if you know what i mean.

Last edited:

PetiaC

Reaction score

If its bespoke ie with a pattern it will be very nice otherwise still a good price point for soktas fabric shirts

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i need to get myself a suit for a formal occasion, anyone has any recommendations to make? preferably something more trendy and within a budget of 300

shiahzy

Reaction score
i need to get myself a suit for a formal occasion, anyone has any recommendations to make? preferably something more trendy and within a budget of 300

Dickson Tailor @ Bras Brasah.

Give him a call. I called him like 1 month back and the cheapest he can do is 250$ iirc. Polyester. Goes up to 420$ for wool blend.

Haven't tried him but reviews are rather positive. Otherwise try Sze Sze Tailor at Chinatown. 340-380$ for wool blend.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Hi Triste, your inbox is full. Mind sharing the details over pm?

yamcancook

Reaction score
MTM, not bespoke unfortunately. But he can pretty much do the fitting until you are happy. Take it from me, I've lost so much weight in such a short span of time, he has to keep altering my shirts. :s13:

It's very easy to get my ideas across to him on what I want. I pretty much leave him to pair the choice of colors on the cuffs and collars for my shirts and he comes through everytime with the choices.

The place is so ulu, you wouldn't even know it existed. I didn't until a friend brought me there.

I'll whatsapp him tomorrow and get his address for those who are keen.

So far, i've been happy with what he charges for soktas fabrics and the work put into it.

Gets the looks from the ladies at the office, if you know what i mean.

able to pm me as well? thanks

d0enut

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1. depends on the tailor. some will only alter items that was made by them. suggest a pure alteration shop. clancy is a good idea; meng yee (opposite) is another option. look for the uncle there, he specializes in suit alteration.

2. the alterations you require - shortening of functional sleeves, jacket length and waist suppression - will be expensive. the sleeves, which have to be taken in from the top, requires skill to do a good job.

3. its really your call. how much do you like the jacket? do the shoulders and arm holes fit? from the link you gave me, the jacket seems too short for my taste (not completely covering butt), maybe you don't have to alter the length.

4. maybe its time to invest in quality mtm clothes. ;)

Brought it to Clancy's, yep was kinda expensive =( quite a bit of alteration, it was also too long :s22: but okay la think it's worth it...well we'll see :o

mtm clothes...maybe haha most probably definitely in the future, when I need shirts and what not, impossible to find any of the shelve that fits :s22: but for now......i'm just a small boy boy waiting for uni still dun need :o

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dickson Tailor @ Bras Brasah.

Give him a call. I called him like 1 month back and the cheapest he can do is 250$ iirc. Polyester. Goes up to 420$ for wool blend.

Haven't tried him but reviews are rather positive. Otherwise try Sze Sze Tailor at Chinatown. 340-380$ for wool blend.

thanks for the information

btw i'll be in europe for the occasion, would the difference in material matter?

i.curtis

Reaction score
I've only got this to share at the moment....

8698355824_bae086a4e2_b.jpg

Just sat through the initial discussion with mat, the designer for K and we took 1.5 hours to discuss what i really wanted and then another 20 minutes to take measurements.He was shocked that i lost 3 inches on my waist since my last fitting for my shirt and jeans 1 month ago-from 34 to 31...(of which i'll have to bring back to alter this saturday)

The service was impeccable and he knew what i wanted. Something really modern and slim-cut and he pretty much hit the nail with his suggestions.

I was impressed by the fact that a lot of effort goes into making the suit even for their MTM line. While it does not have the level of hand work as compared to their bespoke line, I know that the end result from K will turn out pretty well, based on my initial discussion. I will also do a bespoke suit eventually with kevin himself as well.

I'll update as i go for my first fitting...

Highly Jealous of you.!

Looking forward to your outcome. Waiting to take the plunge myself soon...

frostiee

Reaction score
My review on Newcastle Tailor @ Holiday Inn Atrium.

Total disappointment. Was my first attempt in using them to tailor 2 shirts and 1 pant. Went down a total of 4 times... Paid $240 in total.

1st trip: went down for measurement and to select cloth. Prioritize foreigner over me.

2nd trip: to collect. Took back one piece of shirt (color was wrong but just took it anyway). Cloth for 2nd shirt was out of stock and have to choose another. Pants length measured correctly but tailored wrongly

3rd trip: pants altered and fit. Shirt was horribly done. Wanted button for sleeve but was given cuff link. Length for the arm is also short. Have to give specific instruction to them as they seems to be forgetful and not attentive

4th trip: today. Shirt made but the area around the wrist was badly done. Button was up but no adjustment was made. When button up, becomes very ugly. Took and left.

Conclusion: avoid this tailor at all means. Not sincere and very poor service.

Anybody have any tailor that does alteration? Will need to take the final piece of shirt to alter the sleeve...

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which season? Summer or winter?

ah, it'll be around june, i was told it is supposed to be summer but it has been still snowing up till recently, so i'm not sure if the material would play a part

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.