kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There are quite a few there.

I think shops like:
Men Traditional
Tessutti
Personality

At least these are the few we heard of in this thread.
I done a long sleeve shirt in of the shops there before at $90. Looking to try a different tailor there to test water:D Get it for cny.
Then there is also eyptian cotton which will easily cost u $160 for start...

And if u feel slightly rich, can try CYC. But heard they are not cheap...
But they are famous with the "men in white". :D

icyspawn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There are quite a few there.

I think shops like:
Men Traditional
Tessutti
Personality

At least these are the few we heard of in this thread.
I done a long sleeve shirt in of the shops there before at $90. Looking to try a different tailor there to test water:D Get it for cny.
Then there is also eyptian cotton which will easily cost u $160 for start...

And if u feel slightly rich, can try CYC. But heard they are not cheap...
But they are famous with the "men in white". :D

of the 4 tailors mentioned, Men's Tradition carries the lowest range of fabric thus starting prices are cheapest there
Tessuti and Personality and Oxford price range are about the same i think... ~90 upwards
CYC(raffles hotel) and Joe's tailoring(fuji xerox towers) prices start even higher

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u think the guy in urban looks good?

whahaha

I still tot no one knows where i was referring to.:p

The guy? soso only lah. But his shirt looks quite ok lor, at least the cutting falls nicely on him.

he said he got ard $60 from this shop dreamland leh.
But the usual pricings in peninsula is ard $90 for shirts...

Btw guys. Does anyone know if any of the tailors in peninsula carry flora prints material?
I am thinking to make one with 3/4 sleeves.

I tried personality before. They only have 3 pcs of flora designs, and they look err....:s31:

icyspawn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
whahaha

I still tot no one knows where i was referring to.:p

The guy? soso only lah. But his shirt looks quite ok lor, at least the cutting falls nicely on him.

he said he got ard $60 from this shop dreamland leh.
But the usual pricings in peninsula is ard $90 for shirts...

Btw guys. Does anyone know if any of the tailors in peninsula carry flora prints material?
I am thinking to make one with 3/4 sleeves.

I tried personality before. They only have 3 pcs of flora designs, and they look err....:s31:

i thought he said $80...
pricing wise... really depends on the type of fabric lor
just because a tailor prices start from $50 does not mean it's much cheaper than a tailor who starts at $100

flora prints i think tessuti has a few... not sure if wide variety though
i think most tailors probably have limited floral print fabrics

Aleksandr

Master Member
Reaction score
Just got 2 shirts tailored, Mode et Creation on 4th floor of Far East Shopping Centre
Total damage was $220, but the material was very high quality european made egyptian cotton, tailored quite well, already got a few compliments on my first day wearing :)

icyspawn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got 2 shirts tailored, Mode et Creation on 4th floor of Far East Shopping Centre
Total damage was $220, but the material was very high quality european made egyptian cotton, tailored quite well, already got a few compliments on my first day wearing :)

nice
maybe u can post some pics of yourself in the shirts
while we won't be able to tell the quality of the fabric and workmanship, we can see hows the fitting like :)

actually... i find that compliments depend on your office environment too.
if your colleagues are all decked out in ill-fitting or boring or cheap looking clothes, anything out of the norm will receive compliments

FreshRock

Reaction score

For egyptian cotton, that's a good deal. We look forward to your shots :)

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i thought he said $80...
pricing wise... really depends on the type of fabric lor
just because a tailor prices start from $50 does not mean it's much cheaper than a tailor who starts at $100

flora prints i think tessuti has a few... not sure if wide variety though
i think most tailors probably have limited floral print fabrics

$80?:p
Probably, me has poor memories... :D

nono, i wasnt saying any tailors are cheap or what.

Just that when i walked ard at peninsula, the lowest quote i got was $90. I didnt get any in $50s or $60s...

$220 is quite cheap for 2pcs of egyptian cotton shirts!

U have pics of of yourself in them?;)

eplfanatic

Reaction score
Check this out

http://thehouseofgentlemen.blogspot.com/
this guy is a newbie in shirt tailoring and he did my shirt dame bloody nice. Thats my shirt the blue strip fourth fr the right .. he got fabric direct from europe..and heaps of fabric to choose from except flora ones and that shirt is exactly the raoul shirt in their latest catalogue selling at ard 200 ar Raoul store..I got him to tailor the exact one..Cheap ... 80 bucks as he jus started doing really ffff worth ... he told me he gonna increase price soon...Go try it b4 he increase his prices.. after cny

Last edited:

FreshRock

Reaction score
this guy is a newbie in shirt tailoring and he did my shirt dame bloody nice. Thats my shirt the blue strip fourth fr the right .. he got fabric direct from europe..and heaps of fabric to choose from except flora ones and that shirt is exactly the raoul shirt in their latest catalogue selling at ard 200 ar Raoul store..I got him to tailor the exact one..Cheap ... 80 bucks as he jus started doing really ffff worth ... he told me he gonna increase price soon...Go try it b4 he increase his prices.. after cny

Lovely, does he do french cuffs?

icyspawn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
he doesn't have a shop
i've actually tried and he came over to my place last week.
have yet to get my shirt though

Aleksandr

Master Member
Reaction score
For egyptian cotton, that's a good deal. We look forward to your shots :)

Heh will try and set up something but generally -

Shoulders and neck fit very snugly. Just nice for buttoning and adding a tie. I used to buy clothes size 16.5 but the collar was always a bit tight, but if I buy larger size it will be damn baggy. The tailor (Mr. Anthony) advised that for my build, my neck size is actually 16 3/4 or even 17 but body size is more suited to size 16. So I guess tailoring is good for me. I also quite like the fit of the shirt on my body.

The sleeves are a bit long though. I conduct a choir so I requested longer, looser sleeves to have more range of movement for my arms - I tend to move quite vigorously. Unfortunately the sleeves came out a teensy bit too long such that it kind of bunches up. Might go back and ask him to shorten the sleeves slightly - I understand that that's quite easy to do.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

no shop then how to do all the measuring and trying???

I like that blue & white stripes wan. :D

Do u happen to know if he has the exact same material/design but in red and white instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.