Where to tailor clothes =D - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
keKbHee.jpg

Sorry for the bad photo, like I said I'm bad with selfies.

1. I didn't request for a tucked out shirt originally, but when it arrived the shirt length was quite short. Not that I mind.

2. The shirt is cut intentionally to accentuate the waist I think, hence a "vase shape" design. Not sure if this is a standard Korean cutting.

3. This is their promo Chambray shirt, well, the price is decent enough with the promotion, so no complaints here.
How pleased are you with your shirt and how does it compare to shirts you can buy off the rack?

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT

koburn

Reaction score
Need to tailor a budget suit. Anybutties can recommend a good reasonably priced tailor? I am thinking of choosing 1 from the budget list as this will be my first suit ever made :D:D:D

One man's definition of "reasonably priced" could be another's "exorbitant" and yet another's "dirt cheap".

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know it's not cheap.. But I don't recall TAC quoting me at such a rate when I enquired for the price range... :o ended up picking Guabello..
Oh dear I hope it's not the same book of Guabello that I have experience with.

Compared to the VBC I got from their Spring/Summer books the Guabello, although fine, is limp, lifeless and creases like paper.

I'm very wary of getting anything from Guabello anymore.

fabiaN__

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh dear I hope it's not the same book of Guabello that I have experience with.

Compared to the VBC I got from their Spring/Summer books the Guabello, although fine, is limp, lifeless and creases like paper.

I'm very wary of getting anything from Guabello anymore.

Read about your experience! Not sure if it's the same book though. Daniel offered me Guabello 130s and I picked it over VBC 110s.. but so far so good lah.

Might wanna try Dormeuil or H&S the next if I ever wanna commission another suit.

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Read about your experience! Not sure if it's the same book though. Daniel offered me Guabello 130s and I picked it over VBC 110s.. but so far so good lah.

Might wanna try Dormeuil or H&S the next if I ever wanna commission another suit.
I agree with you. The Guabello fabric looks very pretty, is extremely soft and has a nice sheen as compared to VBC

Pants man. Never enough work pants! Wool wears much nicer than mixed wool.

fabiaN__

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I agree with you. The Guabello fabric looks very pretty, is extremely soft and has a nice sheen as compared to VBC

Pants man. Never enough work pants! Wool wears much nicer than mixed wool.

Oh yeah, I'm very much into grey and blue (navy or midnight), together with side adjusters these days. No need to wear belt. :o

Wool pants really wears nicer, but the troublesome thing is that I have to dryclean them..? Dry cleaning isn't good for the product in the long run too..

Would still choose wool-blend for practicality, I guess.

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Try wool/silk darth.

It's delicious.

Poor man has no budget for wool silk! Out of curiosity which mills/books should I look out for?

Oh yeah, I'm very much into grey and blue (navy or midnight), together with side adjusters these days. No need to wear belt. :o

Wool pants really wears nicer, but the troublesome thing is that I have to dryclean them..? Dry cleaning isn't good for the product in the long run too..

Would still choose wool-blend for practicality, I guess.

How often do you wash your pants? Don't be grossed out but I think a lint roller/clothes brush + the occasional steam goes a very long way in keeping wool pants hygienic. I've gone over 3 months without washing them and have not encountered any funk.

I guess it could be attributed to the fact that I sit in an air-conditioned office and rarely sweat in wool which is supposed to be naturally breathable? Mixed wool pants are stronger insulators of heat which cause me to sweat more in them so I throw them in the washer every week.

chickenbackside

Reaction score
Poor man has no budget for wool silk! Out of curiosity which mills/books should I look out for?
Please, I'm not rich + I'm a miser.

I have no idea about mills. I happened to chance upon the fabric at HST in the "premium" sale book. I'm sure it's branded but I didn't bother to ask what it was. I felt it on my skin and it was like the softest thing ever. Just had to do it despite it not being the cheapest thing. Still extreme value for money though at $900 for a full canvass suit.

fabiaN__

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

How often do you wash your pants? Don't be grossed out but I think a lint roller/clothes brush + the occasional steam goes a very long way in keeping wool pants hygienic. I've gone over 3 months without washing them and have not encountered any funk.

I guess it could be attributed to the fact that I sit in an air-conditioned office and rarely sweat in wool which is supposed to be naturally breathable? Mixed wool pants are stronger insulators of heat which cause me to sweat more in them so I throw them in the washer every week.

My pants gets washed once every 2 days. Haha.. That's why I was thinking pure wool would be a problem for me.. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.