HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Where to tailor clothes =D - Part 3

Like Tree960Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-02-2018, 05:57 PM   #5656
Great Supremacy Member

how are these tailors, este bartin, lee alterations & mr gentleman singapore? always see them in fb ad spot
RyuShinEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 06:26 PM   #5657

how are these tailors, este bartin, lee alterations & mr gentleman singapore? always see them in fb ad spot
My Este Bartin tailored shirts, the buttons kept dropping out due to poor stitching. I had the buttons re-stitched elsewhere and no more issue now.

yamashita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 06:34 PM   #5658
Master Member

Cheap things are really very rarely good.

Sent from this is a forum bruh, unstick your panties before replying using GAGT
darthsid11111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 08:58 PM   #5659
Great Supremacy Member

understood....
RyuShinEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 10:01 PM   #5660

My Este Bartin tailored shirts, the buttons kept dropping out due to poor stitching. I had the buttons re-stitched elsewhere and no more issue now.
they made me a shirt with an unfinished cuff - no buttons and no button holes. that was back in 2016.
Old 20-02-2018, 10:24 PM   #5661

they made me a shirt with an unfinished cuff - no buttons and no button holes. that was back in 2016.
That's rather bad.

The first issue I had was the back darts weren't stitched properly. The first time I worn my shirt, the back darts unstitched on its own and it was rather embarassing as I was already in the office. I am slim built so it's definitely not due to body fats.

The second issue I had was thread securing the buttons came out on its own. Not one button, not one occasion, but a few buttons over several occasions.

Even though they were prompt in responding via Whatsapp on my issues and provided free sewing, it's rather inconvenient for me to travel through and forth just for the repair work.

I went to a alteration shop and have my buttons re-sewed, didn't face any issue thereafter. I believe their tailor isn't doing a good job and QC is non-existent.

yamashita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 10:42 PM   #5662

That's rather bad.

The first issue I had was the back darts weren't stitched properly. The first time I worn my shirt, the back darts unstitched on its own and it was rather embarassing as I was already in the office. I am slim built so it's definitely not due to body fats.

The second issue I had was thread securing the buttons came out on its own. Not one button, not one occasion, but a few buttons over several occasions.

Even though they were prompt in responding via Whatsapp on my issues and provided free sewing, it's rather inconvenient for me to travel through and forth just for the repair work.

I went to a alteration shop and have my buttons re-sewed, didn't face any issue thereafter. I believe their tailor isn't doing a good job and QC is non-existent.
well, that said, the pants i made with them were pretty decent for that price point.
Old 20-02-2018, 11:37 PM   #5663
Supremacy Member

Heng didnít go to them. Since CNY almost over, time for me to go Lai En soon! Lol! Bought quite a fair bit of fabric from Europe
vofzxy likes this.
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 11:39 PM   #5664
Master Member

Heng didnít go to them. Since CNY almost over, time for me to go Lai En soon! Lol! Bought quite a fair bit of fabric from Europe
http://laientailor.com/

this one ah?
vofzxy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 07:25 AM   #5665
Master Member

well, that said, the pants i made with them were pretty decent for that price point.
What is decent in your book?

Old 21-02-2018, 09:51 AM   #5666

Hello guys,

i have a budget of max 1200.
am deciding between Qmenswear and CYC.

Anyone able to help me make a decision or have other considerations for me to ponder about first ?
MistralWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 03:08 PM   #5667
Master Member

http://robbreport.com.sg/2018/01/25/mtm-suit-kayjen-dylan/

Writeup on KJD for those who are interested

Old 21-02-2018, 06:01 PM   #5668

Hi guys, are there any local tailors that will make shirts or suits from fabrics that I bought on my own?
Mate, any results with your "Bring Your Own Fabric" quest?
hyperet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 06:03 PM   #5669

How does the pricing work in this case with Lai En when you bring your own fabric?
hyperet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2018, 10:21 AM   #5670

Curious about the pricing too.
I think Seamless Bespoke (Lusso) can tailor shirts if you bring your own fabric as well.
jimbb80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.