HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Like Tree1512Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2015, 09:06 AM   #61

Props to Zhane for changing First post info.
Nice one Zhane for the edit!
koburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 11:38 AM   #62

hmm worth hooting the shoes at EEA (EdEtAL) during the great singapore sale? Interested in their double monk shoes....
Old 09-06-2015, 12:10 PM   #63
Master Member

hmm worth hooting the shoes at EEA (EdEtAL) during the great singapore sale? Interested in their double monk shoes....
If its on sale and you like it then why not?

EEA pairs are of decent quality and design

Can go their boutique and feel the goods first hand if you're unsure
likehotbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 12:24 PM   #64
Master Member

I agree! Top notch service at their boutique. If their products are on sale that makes them a pretty attractive buy.

darthsid11111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 12:55 PM   #65
High Supremacy Member

Mason and Smith now offering re-sole & re-crafting services (done in Japan).

http://masonandsmith.com/2015/06/09/...now-available/

Not sure about the pricing though.
Old 09-06-2015, 01:10 PM   #66

Only if u have small feet size. Else the gss promo doesn't apply
prtscn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 01:42 PM   #67
Master Member

Only if u have small feet size. Else the gss promo doesn't apply
Don't quite get it... is it:
1. Promotion only applies for certain shoe sizes; OR
2. Popular shoe sizes are already sold out at this juncture and there will not be restocking for the promotion anymore?
All in a Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 01:53 PM   #68

thanks! probably will go check them out since their stall are located near my office at millennia. want to get a matching belt with the new shoes too P
Old 09-06-2015, 02:07 PM   #69

Mason and Smith now offering re-sole & re-crafting services (done in Japan).

http://masonandsmith.com/2015/06/09/...now-available/

Not sure about the pricing though.
Keeping fingers crossed that they will give EEA a run for their money.
koburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 06:48 PM   #70
Clone Trooper

Vass dark brown museum calf shoes, still available.

Adelaide design, size EUR41, lasted shoetrees. Please PM for discussion and pictures if interested.

Thanks
PeeCeeBee likes this.
sprezzatura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 11:36 PM   #71

Don't quite get it... is it:
1. Promotion only applies for certain shoe sizes; OR
2. Popular shoe sizes are already sold out at this juncture and there will not be restocking for the promotion anymore?
Promotion is only applicable to ready OTR shoes. Meaning if your shoe size is say 43/44, that requires pre-ordering, it will not be entitled to the GSS quotation. But i believe they do have some large sizes for certain models and color.
prtscn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 02:54 AM   #72
Master Member

Sadly, EG trees aren't lasted.
Thought EG claimed there's two version, casual and oxford and the oxford trees were based on the 202 last which is the basis for all their lasts and has widths to accommodate the slimmer lasts?

No EGs here so only know through hear say but I really love how your pair of EG Dovers looked in your pictures though I don't think I can afford worrying about how to maintain them all the time while wearing them... Guess I have the mentality of a poor man... can't enjoy good stuff...

On the other hand, I really have a severe lusting for a pair of Vass Adelaides in U last with V-cap toe in gold or plum museum calf though. Can't afford them at the moment though unless I pawn my new born

Last edited by SquallLH; 10-06-2015 at 02:57 AM..
SquallLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 09:15 AM   #73

minked oil on shoes finished with burnishing effect

hi everyone! i'm a newbie here. just purchased my first pair of welted shoes after working a few months (bought an EEA wholecut with broguing at GSS sale price!).

the shoe is in mid-brown colour and finished with burnishes on the toe cap as well as the brogued areas. I was told to be careful when using mink oil products on my shoe as it may remove the burnish which i think is really nice. while reading up and researching on the products to buy, i noticed that saphir renovateur contains mink oil. so would like to ask the bros here whether anyone has erased off burnish using the renovateur before?

P.S. I wouldnt mind if the burnish at the toe cap area is removed as it does not seem too difficult to recreate the burnish but i'm not sure about the other brogued areas.
emkay23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 09:41 AM   #74
Master Member

hi everyone! i'm a newbie here. just purchased my first pair of welted shoes after working a few months (bought an EEA wholecut with broguing at GSS sale price!).

the shoe is in mid-brown colour and finished with burnishes on the toe cap as well as the brogued areas. I was told to be careful when using mink oil products on my shoe as it may remove the burnish which i think is really nice. while reading up and researching on the products to buy, i noticed that saphir renovateur contains mink oil. so would like to ask the bros here whether anyone has erased off burnish using the renovateur before?

P.S. I wouldnt mind if the burnish at the toe cap area is removed as it does not seem too difficult to recreate the burnish but i'm not sure about the other brogued areas.
Welcome, I have used Renovateur on burnished areas before. The effect is minimal. But please take note that you should not be using Renovateur too often. Opinions vary but i would assume not more than once a month (even if you regularly applly creme and wax polish on the shoe.
urbanturban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 11:43 AM   #75
Master Member

Yup i think what they mean is to avoid 100% mink oil products. Otherwise Urban's advice seems pretty solid.

darthsid11111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.