HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Like Tree1153Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2017, 01:24 PM   #8896

Do you know what the Renovateur is used for? Perhaps you can give a step by step description of what you did with it. Oh, and what kind of shoe you used it on. To be more precise, type of leather, condition before using(waxed, not waxed, new shoe, old shoe etc)
I am followed this guide here http://imgur.com/a/yErjB up to step 8. It said after Reno cream and brushing if you are satisfied can stop. After Reno cream and brushing like become more dull.

I decided to polish it cause after rain my shoe got water spots. It's a new shoe never conditioned before made of comipel shell cordovan. It's exactly the same shoe as the one in the guide above.

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT
NoEducation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 02:24 PM   #8897

Yes I meant the area where the toes joint the forefoot at the cap toe area, how to minimise or get rid of those creases after some time?
I've not known of any products that can remove creases. How else would you bend your foot if the leather doesn't crease?
Old 07-09-2017, 02:31 PM   #8898

I am followed this guide here http://imgur.com/a/yErjB up to step 8. It said after Reno cream and brushing if you are satisfied can stop. After Reno cream and brushing like become more dull.

I decided to polish it cause after rain my shoe got water spots. It's a new shoe never conditioned before made of comipel shell cordovan. It's exactly the same shoe as the one in the guide above.

How much Reno did you apply? was it a thin or thick coat? Did you let it dry before brushing it off?
Old 07-09-2017, 02:31 PM   #8899

Step 7 has 3 coats of conditioning and step 8 has another coat. That is extremely excessive.

You can follow this guide for condtioning.
https://ashlandleather.com/pages/ash...lishing-method
lucied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 03:06 PM   #8900

Reno is a great as cleaner-conditioner, not really meant for polishing. It'll kind of remove/smooth out previous polish and condition the leather. After that, you should have a good base to do a proper polish. Go on to step 9, and you'll see a subtle rich shine start to appear on it once you start brushing.
theblueark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 03:23 PM   #8901

How much Reno did you apply? was it a thin or thick coat? Did you let it dry before brushing it off?
I applied roughly a 20 cents coin for 1 shoe in total.
Step 7 has 3 coats of conditioning and step 8 has another coat. That is extremely excessive.

You can follow this guide for condtioning.
https://ashlandleather.com/pages/ash...lishing-method
Oya may be too much that's why it's dull. **** man. Thanks for the guide tho, next time for conditioning I'll use it.
Reno is a great as cleaner-conditioner, not really meant for polishing. It'll kind of remove/smooth out previous polish and condition the leather. After that, you should have a good base to do a proper polish. Go on to step 9, and you'll see a subtle rich shine start to appear on it once you start brushing.
I follow till step 8 then my shoe like dull so I hesitated going through the entire thing. I guess I'll follow through and see how it goes, I have a saphir black wax shoe polish that came with my shoe.

Old 07-09-2017, 03:43 PM   #8902

I applied roughly a 20 cents coin for 1 shoe in total.

Oya may be too much that's why it's dull. **** man. Thanks for the guide tho, next time for conditioning I'll use it.

I follow till step 8 then my shoe like dull so I hesitated going through the entire thing. I guess I'll follow through and see how it goes, I have a saphir black wax shoe polish that came with my shoe.
Go easy on the wax. Maybe try some more brushing and buffing first. It could be because you put too much conditioner that not enough of it was brushed off, leaving a matte layer.
theblueark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 05:26 PM   #8903

Go easy on the wax. Maybe try some more brushing and buffing first. It could be because you put too much conditioner that not enough of it was brushed off, leaving a matte layer.
Hmmm ok, thanks will do once I reach home.

Old 07-09-2017, 10:38 PM   #8904

Hmmm ok, thanks will do once I reach home.

Use minimal wax polish (usually not needed) for your shell cordovan shoes. Its different maintenance than calf leather.
lucied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:14 AM   #8905
wiz

Anyone has experience with Chatham slip on Deck Shoes? How do they compare with timberland?

There are sale on going, tempted to get a pair
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 08:29 PM   #8906

Hi guys, noticed there hasn't been much talk on Aldens. Any one has experience with them in terms of quality?
blzy333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 08:58 PM   #8907
Master Member

Hi guys, noticed there hasn't been much talk on Aldens. Any one has experience with them in terms of quality?
Very solidly made pair of shoes. A league above Loake 1880s.

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT
darthsid11111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 09:44 PM   #8908

Hi anyone know any other online viberg reseller that's sells viberg slipper? Most online store I check don't have the viberg slipper sibei sian. Main reason for not buying via viberg.com is thanks to the $75usd shipping fees.

If anyone know please let me know, tia.
They have quite a lot of hype on other forums and so far they have quite a number of positive reviews.
I plan to hoot alden dover colour 8 shell sometime in the future.

Last edited by NoEducation; 13-09-2017 at 09:47 PM..
Old 13-09-2017, 09:50 PM   #8909
Master Member

Hi anyone know any other online viberg reseller that's sells viberg slipper? Most online store I check don't have the viberg slipper sibei sian. Main reason for not buying via viberg.com is thanks to the $75usd shipping fees.

If anyone know please let me know, tia.

They have quite a lot of hype on other forums and so far they have quite a number of positive reviews.
I plan to hoot alden dover colour 8 shell sometime in the future.

Lol curious to see who's hyping such an old brand.

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT
darthsid11111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 11:43 PM   #8910

Does anyone know if skoaktie website has any discount code or sale during black Friday or cyber Mondays previously? Eyeing something but no hurry to buy. Thanks in advance.
todyseat is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.