Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BallGag

Reaction score
Managed to dig up some older pictures. The style and colour aren't for everyone. This is Enzo Bonafe Betis calf; the colour is labelled "Castagna" and it's really hard to take a picture that does it any justice. They usually use Vitello calf for stock models but myself and another poster here prefer Betis.

Toe box comparison :

Last edited:

urbanturban

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm keen on a pair of adelaides. Should round up one more guy and get a gmto running. Bonafe only needs 3 to waive the fee.

Sent from Samsung SM-N910G using GAGT

I am doing a calf-suede combination on the adelaide with cap toe punching.
I thought no one will be interested in a combination like this. And the MTO charge is only +15% so that's why i contacted @Skoak

You still keen on this combination?

urbanturban

Master Member
Reaction score
Managed to dig up some older pictures. The style and colour isn't for everyone. This is Enzo Bonafe Betis calf; the colour is labelled "Castagna" and it's really hard to take a picture that does it any justice. They usually use Vitello calf for stock models but myself and another poster here prefer Betis.

What last is this shoe on? A nice 3 eyelet derby.

MeRfMeRf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
butties, i tot this thread ish shoes for young excs, haha but the shoes mentioned here all beri sexpensive and MTO/bespoke de. young execs cum peasants rike moi no moolah to buy.

urbanturban

Master Member
Reaction score
butties, i tot this thread ish shoes for young excs, haha but the shoes mentioned here all beri sexpensive and MTO/bespoke de. young execs cum peasants rike moi no moolah to buy.

For those just dipping in your toes into better goodyear welted shoes, can consider Loake 1880, Meermin and Herring.

urbanturban

Master Member
Reaction score
946 last. Chiseled, wide toe box but tight heel. Instep too high for me sadly.

This is what Carmina's Rain last should have been.

I am wearing Rain for Carmina's.
Gabriel from @Skoak advised me to go on 946 on the EB adelaide i asked for.
Maybe you joining me in this MTO is not a good idea after all.
I think +15% is ok for single MTO.

By the way EdEtAl Prestige line is now starting at S$1,200.

MeRfMeRf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those just dipping in your toes into better goodyear welted shoes, can consider Loake 1880, Meermin and Herring.

moi heard alot of meermins and carminas regularly in the thread, still trying to absorb the infos. sorwee for asking a noob question, i currently using Dasco Dubbin netural wax for shoe care, is it good or should moi invest in Saphir products?

BallGag

Reaction score
I am wearing Rain for Carmina's.
Gabriel from @Skoak advised me to go on 946 on the EB adelaide i asked for.
Maybe you joining me in this MTO is not a good idea after all.
I think +15% is ok for single MTO.

By the way EdEtAl Prestige line is now starting at S$1,200.

I'd be fine if I size down, but we're gonna need a 3rd guy to make this worthwhile.

urbanturban

Master Member
Reaction score
Here is what I have in mind.

scrjw5.jpg

The red dots are in museum claret calf.
And the blue triangle 'throat' is in suede. The colours are per attached photo. Gabriel says this is the closest to the claret museum calf.

2ufdlw1.jpg

thundermarch

Reaction score
Here is what I have in mind.

scrjw5.jpg

The red dots are in museum claret calf.
And the blue triangle 'throat' is in suede. The colours are per attached photo. Gabriel says this is the closest to the claret museum calf.

2ufdlw1.jpg

Would you consider museum calf in a shade of brown?
If yes, I'm in.
Realised the claret museum calf is pretty close to my burgundy museum calf carmina adelaide i bought

urbanturban

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually, I don't mind a dark brown shade. See if BallGag is also similarly game.

In this shade? And a similarly matching suede.

2qi8r5f.jpg

xpyh88

Reaction score
i will be letting go a new pair of LM meermin dark brown museum calf uk 7@ discount cause i want to half a size down. anyone interested can pm me :s12:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.