[AMA] with Asterisk on 18th April 2016 LIVE at 12PM

asteriskimchi

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm kimchi* (or you can call me kim) from Asterisk*!

Asterisk* is the world's first all-female DOTA team and we just celebrated our 10th anniversary last year!

We have 3 competitive all-female teams, League of Legends, DOTA2 and Counterstrike: Global Offensive. :D
Asterisk* is also very involved in event organising!

Feel free to ask any burning questions you have about the gaming scene!

bosssaizo

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Let boss get the ball rolling.

How did u first join the team? :)

Hello everyone!

I'm kimchi* (or you can call me kim) from Asterisk*!

Asterisk* is the world's first all-female DOTA team and we just celebrated our 10th anniversary last year!

We have 3 competitive all-female teams, League of Legends, DOTA2 and Counterstrike: Global Offensive. :D
Asterisk* is also very involved in event organising!

Feel free to ask any burning questions you have about the gaming scene!

furryfish

Reaction score
/waves

Hi all!
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm Tammy aka furryfish*. Now more or less retired from competitive, and trying to grow the local eSports community and industry in any way that I can.
Feel free to shoot over any questions, I'll reply whatever I can!

asteriskimchi

Reaction score
first joined the team when i was 18/19 years old. Cant really remember lol
Asterisk took me into their roster after I left my previous all-female team. Turned out to be one of the best decisions i've made in my life :D

bosssaizo

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome furryfish :)

Hi all!
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm Tammy aka furryfish*. Now more or less retired from competitive, and trying to grow the local eSports community and industry in any way that I can.
Feel free to shoot over any questions, I'll reply whatever I can!

Ottoke

Reaction score
You guys committed in eGaming full time? What you guys were doing before joining the eGaming community?

furryfish

Reaction score
You guys committed in eGaming full time? What you guys were doing before joining the eGaming community?
Yup, I'm pretty committed to it. I was playing competitive cs in secondary school, that's how i first realised that eSports has a community aspect to it. Then after JC i went on to play wc3. First job out of Uni was at Razer, and now i'm working in Twitch.
In my spare time I make plans for Asterisk* with Kimchi. and play dota2.

furryfish

Reaction score
oops forgot to quote :How old were both of u when u all started gaming....?

err.. I remember playing dos games when i was a kid. cannot really remember. its like how if you ask a kid nowadays, when did you start using a handphone, they probably wouldn't know. it's just something I grew up with.

sCuzzZy

Reaction score
furryfish

2011. :s13:

On a serious note,

how do you both manage your FT career / egaming career at the same time? What is the long term plans for yourselves?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.