[AMA] with Asterisk on 18th April 2016 LIVE at 12PM

asteriskimchi

Reaction score
That brings up another question though, how do you all aka Asterisk's members settle arguments? With so many members, there must be some(or a lot of) factions or frictions?

Tbh the girls from different teams rarely interact with each other. We try to encourage them by having celebration meet ups and a group chat!

In the past, we would just thrash it out haha. Talking about problems and issues is better than pretending nothing is wrong

Roughice

Reaction score
During peak periods(like a month before a major compeititon), how long does the team spend per day training?

asteriskimchi

Reaction score
During peak periods(like a month before a major compeititon), how long does the team spend per day training?

if you're talking about professional teams, they normally train every day. or 5-6 days a week.

for us, we had 2 online trainings and 1 lan training weekly. we would increase online trainings if there were important tournaments coming up

tmfwy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Streaming has to be full time job to make it profitable. I think the real test is if you are able to take the lifestyle where you do not have much human interaction besides words appearing on screen and yet stay sane and welcoming to newcomers. There is also the need for support staff for streamers. Eg: video Editors and mods that are either paid or are Super fervent towards their streamer.

There are 2 parts for streaming

I believe the one that is being discussed here is the role of the host, where you, as the star, entertain people and hope for view counts. In real life equivalent, the host of a show with the platform being digital media

The other part of streaming is the live portion. This is more technical where you need to combine multiple industries:

Video, Audio, IT, Network

I do live streaming for a gaming organisation and i can say that it is always a challenge to find reliable people to work with that knows what they are doing. Because, when things happen, it comes fast and furious. Work here is similar to most in the video industry, Freelance basis mixed with regular work ( be it in the same industry or otherwise ). The tech guys are usually video engineer calibre.

For either of the above, there is still a traditional line to work with
Producer
Host
Graphic Artists
Animators
Video Editors
Videographers
Sound
Lights
Scriptwriters

Videographers here, the traditional mindset is that of a typical SG videographer who shoots weddings, edits and hands clients a DVD. The Videographers i am referring to are live / studio videographers, who need to work in conjunction with a team.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.